Entry Question

I was deported from Thailand before. What should I do if I want to visit the country?

It depends what you were deported for. If it was for overstay you will be ok to return.

You asked all these questions 9 months ago and recieved a lot of answers. Nothing has changed.

Suggest you pop along to the Thai Embassy in New Delhi and ask them.

I was deported from Thailand before. What should I do if I want to visit the country?

Get a visa, fly to Thailand and see if they let you in. The list of people banned from entering Thailand is not published but perhaps the consulates have access to it and would tell you if they had to refuse you a visa for that reason.

--

Maestro

I got a comment that even if you get a visa, you may not be allowed in. Is this true? How can I be sure that I would be allowed in the country if I come?
You have been asking this question since November of 2007.

It has been suggested that you contact the Thai embassy to see if they can answer your question.

If you were deported for an overstay it probably will not be a problem as you have been told before. Only you know what you were deported for.

It up to you what you do next.

Get a visa and buy a roundtrip ticket and try is my suggestion. If they refuse you entry you would just have to get on the next flight back.

I got a comment that even if you get a visa, you may not be allowed in. Is this true?

This is true for all travellers, even for those who have never been deported. Theoretically, you can never be sure that you are allowed to enter Thailand until you have the arrival stamp in your passport. See this information on the web site of the Immigration Bureau:

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/conte...axpiredate.html

Each time you arrive at the port-of-entry, an immigration officer decides whether to allow you to enter and how long you can stay. Only the immigration officer has the authority to permit you to enter Thailand.

--

Maestro

If I require permission to enter the country, how can I obtain the same?

See this post: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=2481914

Get somebody to translate the following into your own language. Perhaps then you will understand it.

Each time you arrive at the port-of-entry, an immigration officer decides whether to allow you to enter and how long you can stay. Only the immigration officer has the authority to permit you to enter Thailand.

Source: www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/content/visaxpiredate.html

--

Maestro