Re Entry Permit

For a re-entry permit,if you are in Bangkok area and you have an Internet access, you could fill in a TM. 8 form and send it to [email protected]

— You should e-mail the completed form 1 day in advance.

— You have to submit a 2" photo and pay a permit fee at counter 7, the Immigration Bureau (soi suanplu office.)

— Fee for re-entry permit:

1,000 Bahts for single

3,800 Bahts for multiple

(from immigration website)

For a re-entry permit,if you are in Bangkok area and you have an Internet access, you could fill in a TM. 8 form and send it to [email protected]

— You should e-mail the completed form 1 day in advance.

— You have to submit a 2" photo and pay a permit fee at counter 7, the Immigration Bureau (soi suanplu office.)

— Fee for re-entry permit:

1,000 Bahts for single

3,800 Bahts for multiple

(from immigration website)

I don't get it. I have a multi entry B visa with one year extension. I have to get a re-entry permit if I want to leave?

If so, can I do everything in Suan Plu on the same day? Can I just go to any immigration office and do all this?

Do I have to fill in a return date?

I will leave on 3 February, but don't know when I return.

BTW, I tried to download that link above but it came out half Thai text at the top of the line and English at the bottom.

I don't get it. I have a multi entry B visa with one year extension. I have to get a re-entry permit if I want to leave?

If so, can I do everything in Suan Plu on the same day? Can I just go to any immigration office and do all this?

Do I have to fill in a return date?

I will leave on 3 February, but don't know when I return.

BTW, I tried to download that link above but it came out half Thai text at the top of the line and English at the bottom.

You either have a visa or an extension of stay you cannot have both.

If you have a visa you have to leave every 90 days and don't need a re-entry permit.

If you have an extension of stay you need a re-entry permit. You can get an extension and a re-entry permit at the same time. You need to do the extension at a immigration office near where ypu live.

PDF download of TM8: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm8.pdf

Just put any return date it does not matter.

If you have a visa you have to leave every 90 days and don't need a re-entry permit.

If you have an extension of stay you need a re-entry permit. You can get an extension and a re-entry permit at the same time. You need to do the extension at a immigration office near where ypu live.

Thanks ubonjoe. I can now read it. I must say I am puzzled by this childishness.

I have an extension of stay permitted to 10/10/09. I had a multi entry B visa. So if I check the multiple entry box, does that mean I do not have to do this again? This permit will be valid up to 10/10? I can go in and out as many timers I want without having to make this form again?

What does the re entry permit look like? Is it a stamp in my passport, or another form?

BTW, can I PM you about converting my (former) B visa to an O visa based on marriage to Thai national?

Thanks ubonjoe. I can now read it. I must say I am puzzled by this childishness.

I have an extension of stay permitted to 10/10/09. I had a multi entry B visa. So if I check the multiple entry box, does that mean I do not have to do this again? This permit will be valid up to 10/10? I can go in and out as many timers I want without having to make this form again?

What does the re entry permit look like? Is it a stamp in my passport, or another form?

BTW, can I PM you about converting my (former) B visa to an O visa based on marriage to Thai national?

You apply for a Multi entry Re Entry Permit from Immigration . 3,800 Baht fee. A half page stamp in your passport. You can come and go as many times as you want.

It will look like this.

I gave you the PDF because the DOC format dosn't come out right unless you have Thai fonts installed.

If you were to go to immigration and asked for a 1 year B visa extension they might think you had lost it. :o

Yes if you get a multiple re-entry permit you can come and go as much as you want until 10/10/09. It is a stamp that is about the size of a visa stamp.

PM is ok.

Thanks LB and ubon for the information. That does help a bit.

ubon, I will PM you soon regarding the issue I mentioned before. I need to collect all relevant facts. I do not want that process and personal details posted here. I have already posted too many personal details.