Hp Battery

yorkie100

I have a HP Pavilion Laptop and bought a new large 12-cell battery for it from internet Priority Electronics based in US, it arrived 3 weeks later on my doorstep care of Thai Post office and 500B vat to pay extra. It probably cost a little more than buying same in Pantip or Fortune plaza in Bangkok. Worth it if you don't want to go shopping yourself. My address was Bangkok.

Thanks for that Db.

Things have a habit of not always arriving here so I guess I will wait until my next trip to Bkk.

As I said it is working on mains and I rarely use it away from home so not a major problem.

I know Pantip well, but not heard of Fortune Plaza, do you have directions please?

I know Pantip well, but not heard of Fortune Plaza, do you have directions please?

It's right outside Pha-ram 9 metro station, smaller and less frenetic than Pantip.

Amorn on the top floor may be able to re-cell your existing battery for a reasonable fee :o

I have an HP Pavillion Entertainment notebook.

Works OK on mains but the battery needs replacing and JUST OUT OF WARRANTY of course.

I live on Samui, any ideas where I can get a new one please?

hi can you give the exact model of your laptop and the model of your battery?

Thank you Crossy, I look forward to going there next time I'm in Bkk.

NHJ, it's a dv6620ea from the 6500 range of models.

The battery says replace with 446506-001. There is also this number etched in HSTNN-DB42

Why so many numbers???

It's right outside Pha-ram 9 metro station, smaller and less frenetic than Pantip.

Amorn on the top floor may be able to re-cell your existing battery for a reasonable fee :o

That depends on the battery. I tried to do that to my old Acer battery and was told it's a smart battery and it's impossible to re-cell it. Of course I could get it from Acer but I don't feel like spending BHT 7000 on a 3 year old laptop....

Hmmm, thanks everyone for your help, they are expensive so not sure if it's worth it or not.

Had too many problems with this laptop already having had it repaired three times under warranty in the UK.

I will check out prices in Bkk. As I said before I don't trust the post down here.