Sleepless Nights Ahead For Bohpud & Gecko Fire & Threads

NALAK

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Although I have strongly disapproved of this club. I do sincerely hope this is not some kind of Samui style act of retribution. This would be no way to deal with this. If so, it just shows what a disgustingly violent this lovely Island can be. Let us hope that nobody has been hurt in this incident and no damage to neighbours has occured.

any more info,is it true? whats happening now?

The Gecko Bar is totaly burned. Gary is in the hospital (possible) poisened by smoke. He was inside when it starts burning . So sorry to see this. Gary all the best for a soon recovery

any more info,is it true? whats happening now?

The Gecko Bar is totaly burned. Gary is in the hospital (possible) poisened by smoke. He was inside when it starts burning . So sorry to see this. Gary all the best for a soon recovery

post-57148-1255076371_thumb.jpg

post-57148-1255076435_thumb.jpg

As much as we agree or not agree with certain things, this is not a matter to be joyfull or have uncalled remarks about.

I hope Gary recovers, thank God . there was no loss of life.

:-/ not good at all, I hope Gary makes a speedy recovery and this turns out to be an awful accident rather than anything more sinister.

Sleepless Night Ahead for Bophut (Thaivisa Samui Forum)

"they won't be in business long...disco on soi monkey?? no way...not even Q Bar could make it and it was 5 minutes from the action...and now, this year is not the right time to open a disco...anywhere...let alone soi monkey"

All the best Gary. Hope all the people who wished for this are happy now.

I do hear your point there Eli, but possibly a bit harsh no? Granted this place has drawn a lot of critisism and split opinion but I would hope nobody here would have wished, or feel happy, for the place to burn down with people injured/in hospital. Maybe im just being nieve?

Must say the building didnt look built to withstand a fire and hope suggestions of arson are misplaced. A discarded cigarette or electrical failiure might seem more likely. I guess its all just speculation at this point, but wheather accident, arson or whatever it is very sad to see and although I dont know Gary personaly, I hope he is ok and wish him a speedy recovery.

YOu are right Smallprawn I guess. He is a personal friend and people on this forum have been very negative towards him and his business so I guess I was a little angry. I do hope that it was an accident and not anything to do with retribution. Gary is a lovely guy to know on a personal level and I am shattered that his dreams have literally gone up in smoke. No one should take joy when a persons house and contents burn down and their family members are injured. That is sadistic. Again people should only make respectful comments on here in regards to this situation. They have been made homeless in a matter of two hours. IN saying that they have a great support network of family and friends who will pull together to help.

YOu are right Smallprawn I guess. He is a personal friend and people on this forum have been very negative towards him and his business so I guess I was a little angry. I do hope that it was an accident and not anything to do with retribution. Gary is a lovely guy to know on a personal level and I am shattered that his dreams have literally gone up in smoke. No one should take joy when a persons house and contents burn down and their family members are injured. That is sadistic. Again people should only make respectful comments on here in regards to this situation. They have been made homeless in a matter of two hours. IN saying that they have a great support network of family and friends who will pull together to help.

As a close friend it must be a tough thing to witness. Hope he is back on his feet soon as poss.

I did not know until today there was even a fire truck on Samui, as I was coming out of Nanton about 2 pm, there was a small fire truck speeding along, ..... fortunately not much traffic at the time... & what traffic there was, people did actually pull over... (they usually don't if it's an ambulance, I find that amazing).

Is this the only fire truck on the island? A fire would well have taken hold, with a long trip like that...

I too add wishes to the owner's full recovery ....

Thank you Yantzen for pics.

if we get another partyplace from Gary :D , maybe its posible to make it in an asingt area :D , not in an living area where people need to sleep :D cause we need to work next day, thanks for that, and wish u all the best :)

I did not know until today there was even a fire truck on Samui, as I was coming out of Nanton about 2 pm, there was a small fire truck speeding along, ..... fortunately not much traffic at the time... & what traffic there was, people did actually pull over... (they usually don't if it's an ambulance, I find that amazing).

Is this the only fire truck on the island? A fire would well have taken hold, with a long trip like that...

I too add wishes to the owner's full recovery ....

They have a fire station in Chaweng next to the police station.

I have given it a considerable amount of thought before replying to this particularly unpleasant post, with all its implications.

Happy! Certainly not! Nobody of any decency at all would derive any pleasure from seeing a man and his family's possessions go up in smoke, no matter how much they objected to the actions of this club. I can only speak for myself when I say that if, in the unlikely event that this is discovered to be an act of arson as some form of retribution, it will just be another nail in Samui's coffin for me. The unsavoury mafia elements that have always existed here, ( "my mate's bigger than your mate" etc.) are one of several issues that are beginning to make the Island a much less pleasant to be. I only hope it is discovered to be an accident.

So "happy" definately not!

There will however be people that believe in "Karma" ( "how you behave will determine what comes to you" ) who will feel that an element of Karma exists in this incident. I am sure that, from what you say in a later post, that Gary is a very pleasant chap and it's entirely possible that if some of us had met him in other circumstances we might well feel the same way about him.

However I have to assure you that when you are wondering around sleepless at 3 and 4 in the morning because neither you or the kids can sleep, but you know you've still got to get them off to school the next day. Or you are wondering if your next rental people are hearing about this new club and are going to cancel on you, then at that particular moment, you are not saying to yourself "What a lovely chap that Gary Gecko is!" That you just have to accept is just human nature.

However even that does not make you "happy" when a fellow human being and his family are suffering, if you have any decency. I in fact despite being quite a strong objector, do have some considerable sympathy for him in his current situation.

And because human nature is as it is, you will have to accept that there are others for whom, the amount they feel sorry for the demise of this club, will be determined by, and directly proportional to, the amount of respect they themselves feel they were shown during their "sleepless nights". That's just how it works I'm afraid in the real world.

I sincerely trust and hope that Gary makes a full recovery as soon as possible and that all affected by this, "their own personal tragedy" heals as soon as possible. "Happy" it happened this way we are not, thanks very much!

I would not be surprised to find that Gary does not believe in Karma, and will rise like a "Pheonix from the Ashes" and be attempting to entertain us through the night again at some future time. Then no doubt the thread "sleepless nights ahead in Bophut" will be restarted. The compensation being that it has been the most interesting and challenging post on here for years!

Regards.

I have given it a considerable amount of thought before replying to this particularly unpleasant post, with all its implications.

Happy! Certainly not! Nobody of any decency at all would derive any pleasure from seeing a man and his family's possessions go up in smoke, no matter how much they objected to the actions of this club. I can only speak for myself when I say that if, in the unlikely event that this is discovered to be an act of arson as some form of retribution, it will just be another nail in Samui's coffin for me. The unsavoury mafia elements that have always existed here, ( "my mate's bigger than your mate" etc.) are one of several issues that are beginning to make the Island a much less pleasant to be. I only hope it is discovered to be an accident.

There will however be people that believe in "Karma" ( "how you behave will determine what comes to you" ) who will feel that an element of Karma exists in this incident. I am sure that, from what you say in a later post, that Gary is a very pleasant chap and it's entirely possible that if some of us had met him in other circumstances we might well feel the same way about him.

However I have to assure you that when you are wondering around sleepless at 3 and 4 in the morning because neither you or the kids can sleep, but you know you've still got to get them off to school the next day. Or you are wondering if your next rental people are hearing about this new club and are going to cancel on you, then at that particular moment, you are not saying to yourself "What a lovely chap that Gary Gecko is!" That you just have to accept is just human nature.

However even that does not make you "happy" when a fellow human being and his family are suffering, if you have any decency. I in fact despite being quite a strong objector, do have some considerable sympathy for him in his current situation.

And because human nature is as it is, you will have to accept that there are others for whom, the amount they feel sorry for the demise of this club, will be determined by, and directly proportional to, the amount of respect they themselves feel they were shown during their "sleepless nights". That's just how it works I'm afraid in the real world.

I sincerely trust and hope that Gary makes a full recovery as soon as possible and that all affected by this, "their own personal tragedy" heals as soon as possible. "Happy" it happened this way we are not, thanks very much!

I would not be surprised to find that Gary does not believe in Karma, and will rise like a "Pheonix from the Ashes" and be attempting to entertain us through the night again at some future time. Then no doubt the thread "sleepless nights ahead in Bophut" will be restarted. The compensation being that it has been the most interesting and challenging post on here for years!

Regards.

Thanks Concerned, your words transfers our thought

Regards.

Thanks Concerned, your words transfers our thought

Yes, more sympathy & empathy during these particularly hard times will never hurt anyone - or ever for that matter.

Reading concerneds post in the OTHER sleepless in Samui post, was rather interesting, when Rooo "deleted his flame"! ( u were 2 late Rooo) :):D JUST 2 add some humor in a non funny situation. And only pychos and idiots would be "happy" about this event.

Lets hope things turn out better for the future, and for the neighborhood!

Edited by SamuiJens