Chiang Mai Condo Renovation Success Story

kilt

Hello all,

Having heard so many horror stories and continuing stories of horror I was a bit hesitant to start renovating my 2 bedroom condo having less than 90 days in which to get it done.

Happy to say that everything was completed in 16 working days (with several holiday days mixed in it was still completed in under a month).

I didn't gut the place, but I did a lot.

Re-tiled about 65 sq meters (indoor and out) including 2 bathrooms and a kitchen.

Demolished old kitchen and built new modern one twice the size which necessitated new plumbing and electrical.

Updated 2 bathrooms, relocating another part of the 2nd which necessitated new plumbing and electrical.

Turned a window into a grand entrance.

Upgraded electrical.

Just wanted to let others know it's possible.

Anyone else have success stories?

Wow!!! That must be some sort of record did you have a contractor or or did you organize the workers yourself.? Were you happy with the quality of the work?

thanks

I had a "contractor". A woman who owns and manages (for Farangs) and renovates many condos in Chiang Mai. She organized the workers. Many of them work solely for her so are very loyal. Workers showed up every day on time and worked like fiends!

The quality of the work is great - better than I was expecting.

Her sister, Gai

Wow!!! That must be some sort of record did you have a contractor or or did you organize the workers yourself.? Were you happy with the quality of the work?

thanks

I had a "contractor". A woman who owns and manages (for Farangs) and renovates many condos in Chiang Mai. She organized the workers. Many of them work solely for her so are very loyal. Workers showed up every day on time and worked like fiends!

Is that women named Nai? Widow of the late gent that was taken out while riding his bike....... only for her to inherit a rather large sum of cash an condos. :o

• 4 months later...

Yes I got David from Bangkokhomecare to help me. Marvelous job they did. Should do as he used to work for the award winning Berkley Homes in the UK. Nice man. They really knew what they were talking about. Trustworthy, reliable and straight talkers. All in all very pleased with the results. High quality of finish and I had no problems or hassles with them. Took a bit longer than first expected but I made a few changes so can't blame them for that. That was my fault. Mucked about with getting three quotes and to be honest I would not bother again. The other two companies were useless. Did not turn up on time for meetings, delayed things...just a pain to deal with.

Bangkok Home Care prices were a bit more than one of them and less than the other. Middle of the road I would say but very fair. But I never go for cheapest quotes ever here. Twenty years of living here have taught me that is one big mistake. I would expect to pay more for a professional to supervise the job. So I was very happy to do so. I would prefer to pay the extra than have it turn into a nightmare. So another success tory here :) Good bunch of workers too. Bangkok Home Care have just done the toilet refit at the Pickled Liver in Soi 11 and done a great job too. They were still working at 2am in the morning one night. So that shows dedication !

Edited by Gold2005

thanks

Is that women named Nai? Widow of the late gent that was taken out while riding his bike....... only for her to inherit a rather large sum of cash an condos. :)

Sincerely pleased to hear about the successful renovation works from the OP.

I do not know anything of the circumstances about the demise of the late gentleman, but I understand that his family (from the US) are registering a claim in respect of his property portfolio in CM.

Edited by piercefilmlid