Rod Stewart Hits Bangkok

dee123

....Finally after years of waiting Thai fans of Rod the Mod can get to see the Worlds best live performer.He will be appearing at The Impact Arena March 4th 2009. Can we arrange a Thaivisa pissup to coincide with the Event of the Century!!!!! hurray hurray I'M SO EXCITED :o

....Finally after years of waiting Thai fans of Rod the Mod can get to see the Worlds best live performer.He will be appearing at The Impact Arena March 4th 2009. Can we arrange a Thaivisa pissup to coincide with the Event of the Century!!!!! hurray hurray I'M SO EXCITED :o

Thought the tickets were a bit pricey, otherwise I'd be there? Confirm the worst?

Shit, you must be easily pleased. :D

The worlds best performer? You must be having a giraffe. :D

You seem naked without an avatar Mr. Toad. What happened to it?

Went to see Micheal Learn to Rock at Impact in November.We had the middle price seats,dreadful.They are all on the same level.The cheap seats you could see the concert.If you want to go ,pay the front row or the back seats.

Bloody ell, someone's stolen my avitar :D . Thanks for mentioning.

Edited by mrtoad

You've painted a bad mental picture at this end....A NAKED TOAD :D .

Ahh, there you are, I knew it all along that you were a caney!

Edited by neverdie

You've painted a bad mental picture at this end....A NAKED TOAD :D .

Ahh, there you are, I knew it all along that you were a caney!

Neverdie, thought you'd appreciate the picture of the two cane toads. :D

Went to see Micheal Learn to Rock at Impact in November.We had the middle price seats,dreadful.They are all on the same level.The cheap seats you could see the concert.If you want to go ,pay the front row or the back seats.

Michael Learn's to Rock was not in the main arena but in one of the Halls. (Much smaller venue). Simply Red on Sunday and Rod in March are both in the arena which caters to a larger audience.

Rod Stewart, eh? I'm in my mid fifties and remember listening to this guy when I was a teenager. He began singing in the Paleozoic Era I believe. It would probably be more appropriate to put him on display in the National Museum rather than Impact Arena.

post-23727-1233203846_thumb.jpg

Rod Stewart photographed at Playskool

in Pattaya last year.

Edited by Groongthep

GH, it is the real deal. :DThai Ticket Major

kennkate, prices from ฿ 5000 down. This seems to be the norm. Not like Kylie Minogue late last year. Her ticket prices were from ฿ 9000 down!

Not strictly true Chopper, prices are from 6,500 down to 1,000, I guess these cheapest seats must be in the car park of Tescos down the road :D

I purchased my tickets yesterday and although expensive, I was surprised that nearly all of the most expensive seats are sold already. I splashed out on this once in a life time chance to see the man in action. i am pretty sure i wont be disappointed :o

I dont know about a pissup, I would advise booking your favourite girls in Nana and Cowboy before the Rod hits town. He's likely to try and buy the entire streets out for the duration of his stay in Bangers. :D

I am amazed just how easy it is to purchase tickets for an event like this these days.

I used the internet thaiticketmajor site last night, looked at a plan of all the available seats , picked two that were left on the front row, booked them, and then went to the 7/11 store this morning and paid. Now all I have to do is wait for the postman to deliver the said tickets to my house.

Incredible this modern technology, certainly beats travelling miles and then standing in a queue for hours and having to make do with whatever seats are left.

As for the earlier comment about Rod being past it....he is one of the few pop icons who can really claim to be a true star. It takes something special to have lasted this long and still be at the very pinnacle of his career and I would suggest that anybody who is not familiar with his work to watch one of his dvd's like "Rod Stewart live at the Royal Albert Hall" for instance.

Roll on the 4th of March.

HL :o

I am amazed just how easy it is to purchase tickets for an event like this these days.

I used the internet thaiticketmajor site last night, looked at a plan of all the available seats , picked two that were left on the front row, booked them, and then went to the 7/11 store this morning and paid. Now all I have to do is wait for the postman to deliver the said tickets to my house.

Incredible this modern technology, certainly beats travelling miles and then standing in a queue for hours and having to make do with whatever seats are left.

As for the earlier comment about Rod being past it....he is one of the few pop icons who can really claim to be a true star. It takes something special to have lasted this long and still be at the very pinnacle of his career and I would suggest that anybody who is not familiar with his work to watch one of his dvd's like "Rod Stewart live at the Royal Albert Hall" for instance.

Roll on the 4th of March.

HL :o

Yep have got the Albert Hall tape...and many others...I went to see Rod last summer at Portman Rd Ipswich while he was touring UK (He has been touring for the past 2 years)and how he gets the energy I'll never know!!!......but the thing that surprised me was that he was bellowing out the songs,giving it his all,and he sounded absolutely fantastic!!!.....it was one of the wettest dampest summer evenings and rainning like hel_l,....but he said to the crowd, "come on guys,lets show the Dunkirk spirit" then started prancing around stage with a poofy pink umbrella,everyone was laughing dancing and joining in,......sometimes the pre-show pub piss ups are just as good,.....he has a following who follow him all round the world,...and they are all fantastic people,and everytime I have seen Rod it is like going to see a football match atmosphere except everyone are friends and on the same side!!!...its just brilliant!!

:D

Rod Stewart in Bangkok ?

goody goody gum drops... a real top singing guy indeed..!!

i'll never forget when i first saw this great performance on TV back in the 70's... how i wept with utter joy..

:o LOL.......GOOD OLD KENNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I was in Bangkok in March, unfortunately not... Actually, I wish I was Rod Stewart, performing in Bangkok in March.

He is truly a legend and also a Scot, that must be a good thing :o

I do have tickets to see ACDC in Glasgow in June though, I just hope they survive that long! (Course they will..!)

- Shug

• 1 month later...
I wish I was in Bangkok in March, unfortunately not... Actually, I wish I was Rod Stewart, performing in Bangkok in March.

He is truly a legend and also a Scot, that must be a good thing :o

I do have tickets to see ACDC in Glasgow in June though, I just hope they survive that long! (Course they will..!)

- Shug

I tried to get tickets for Rods Tokyo gig at The Budokan, but all sold out. :D

Rod was born and raised in London England, and has English and Scottish parentage. I'll claim him as English...lol.

AC/DC, I remember seeing them at the Monsters of Rock , Donnington Park in 1981, pizzed down of rain all day and they came on really late in the evening, brings back some memories. What a concert, they were Headlining of course. also Whitesnake, Blue Oyster Cult, Slade, Blackfoot, More.....

Have a great time at the AC/DC concert, wish I was going. post-4007-1235932265.jpg

Edited by Maigo6

It don't get much better then when he was with The Faces, pure British Rock and Roll at its very best. I think his music suffered as time went on there was a few early tracks as a solo artist that were OK but the mid to late 80's were a bit naff TBH.

Edited by JimmyConway