Was I Being A Cheap Charlie Or Not?

TheVinylMan

Why don't you just give her your ATM card, pin number and let her use the money as she sees fit, seeing as it is a loving relationship founded on common grounds.

But seriously, if you want to spend your life with a "working girl", 10k per month should be more than enough. But keep in mind that there are no pensions / social security for her and her family and if you are the only cash cow you will be milked (probably dry) ... It is sad to see farangs get taken to the cleaners, but it's also sad to see these Isaan "woking girls" get left stranded when their farang boyfriends (who they have given their bodies to in exchange for long term financial support ) leave them high and dry.

If you want to go ahead with this one. Agree terms and stick to them.

My personal opinion is that she is a greedy cow and you should get shot of her. The bar will take her back with no problem.

10,000 per mo? Is that a BKK price & is that for a 24/7 live-in girl? I am curious, because I think I am paying to much for what I am getting.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you just give her your ATM card, pin number and let her use the money as she sees fit, seeing as it is a loving relationship founded on common grounds.

But seriously, if you want to spend your life with a "working girl", 10k per month should be more than enough. But keep in mind that there are no pensions / social security for her and her family and if you are the only cash cow you will be milked (probably dry) ... It is sad to see farangs get taken to the cleaners, but it's also sad to see these Isaan "woking girls" get left stranded when their farang boyfriends (who they have given their bodies to in exchange for long term financial support ) leave them high and dry.

My personal opinion is that she is a greedy cow and you should get shot of her. The bar will take her back with no problem.

10,000 per mo? Is that a BKK price & is that for a 24/7 live-in girl? I am curious, because I think I am paying to much for what I am getting.

what are you getting?

to see this from her point of view, without passing judgment on the situation, where she comes from if she is "shacked up" with a man and the man only shares with her about 5% of what he has available money wise, the general consensus would be he is a very cheap charlie and likely does have other girls on the go. This is just village thinking im afraid..

Where is it stated that 25,000 bht is 5% of what he earns?

what are you getting?

No live in & sex twice per wk. She is very beautiful & we have quite good communication otherwise.

what are you getting?

No live in & sex twice per wk. She is very beautiful & we have quite good communication otherwise.

and how much does this cost?

As I said in the original post I knew i would get the "why pay a girl to live with you brigade" slating me ........... but do none of you ever give your wives/gf's (thai or not) any money for there own needs???? I always gave my ex-wife (english) some money every month just to keep her sweet.... so she could go and get some new clothes/ perfumes etc!!!

You clearly haven't been reading Thai Visa for very long.

If you had, you would know that of the 70,000 odd members, 69,999 never, ever give their Thai wives or girl friends a single stang.

Of the remainder, (1 = you), they give their girl friend 20,000. Baht per month.

Very nice of you and very generous, the only true gentleman in the whole of ThaiVisaland. :o

to see this from her point of view, without passing judgment on the situation, where she comes from if she is "shacked up" with a man and the man only shares with her about 5% of what he has available money wise, the general consensus would be he is a very cheap charlie and likely does have other girls on the go. This is just village thinking im afraid..

Where is it stated that 25,000 bht is 5% of what he earns?

It's clearly stated in post 15 that 25k is, oops, my mistake, 5.12%. :o

what are you getting?

8,000 plus some extras

what are you getting?

8,000 plus some extras

8,000 plus some extras

OP, you must be a joker, with more than 1700 posts here = you should know better.

Easy : change Sim card, get a new number = she can not contact you by sms or calling.

Even better: change place of living = she can not visit you.

Then follow the many advice you already got here = MOVE ON.

a little reminder : this country have more than 30.000.000 females .......

Still think you are a joker!

:o

No not cheap - daft but not cheap

Listen to the following song by the Offspring :"Why Don't You Get a Job?"

PMSL........... thanks for that :o

My friend's got a girlfriend Man he hates that bitch He tells me every day He says "man I really gotta lose my chick In the worst kind of way"

She sits on her ass He works his hands to the bone To give her money every payday But she wants more dinero just to stay at home Well my friend You gotta say:

I won't pay, I won't pay ya, no way (now now) Why don't you get a job

Why don't you get a job?

But the only job she will do is pleasure other men which you may not want.

So, it is better to pay her to sit on her ass, or better, Sick on my Duck.

you have to understand that in Isaan it's still common that all the land/houses are in the wifes name, in fact it's inherited from mother to daughter, not always, but still a lot

now, combine this with the fact thatmost of the Isaan man are useless punks and that's your explanation: it's a cultural thing; you're supposed to give her everything you have. why? because her father is a lousy drunk who's not to be trusted with money, as he would just gamble it away ...

ask around: most Thai men give ALL their pay to their wifes!!

welcome to Thailaaaand :o

you have to understand that in Isaan it's still common that all the land/houses are in the wifes name, in fact it's inherited from mother to daughter, not always, but still a lot

now, combine this with the fact thatmost of the Isaan man are useless punks and that's your explanation: it's a cultural thing; you're supposed to give her everything you have. why? because her father is a lousy drunk who's not to be trusted with money, as he would just gamble it away ...

Some rural folks do Geeky, but not most Thais. Especially not Thai men with money. If they did the whole mia noi culture would crumble.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

OK I know there are gonna be some of you who are gonna slate me but lets see where this goes.........

6 months ago I got a girl to finish working in a bar.......... she had only been there a couple of days and came direct from the "Isaan Girl Factory" so she was not being too corrupted..... I know this as i know the bar owner and he had got the lady from Issaan himself.... and no baby to look after :-)

We had been getting on very very well..... I had been giving her 20k a month of which she always sent 4k to her mum and dad, I pay for all the apartment and bills, food and drink and when we go out she never has to pay for anything......so she literally has 16k a month just for her........ then i left out an atm slip showing a LARGE balance and all hel_l broke loose.

"Why do you only give me 20k a month when you make xxxxxxx amount per month " blah blah blah you can imagine the rest........ anyway to cut a long story short. I went to Hua Hin to visit a client for a couple of days and all the time i was there she was calling me and sms-ing me telling me that i have taken another girl and i never take care her etc etc............ When i got back is all I got was ear ache so i thought I can really do without this and we split up....... I gave her an extra 10K on top of her 20k to make sure she had a few baht to sort out a room etc.

Anyway............ the question I want answering .................. Do you think giving a girl 20K a month is being a cheap charlie irrespective of what i do or earn???

Or do you think that because she saw my atm slip that she suddenly saw lots and lots of 1000baht notes and was trying it on???

To be honest its only been 4 days we have been apart but I am really missing the girl............... I look forward to your comments

VM

I dont know who is more pathetic, the whore or you .... Actually, probably you. She obviously doesn't know any better.

Ok, some serious advice. You are being way too serious with her. I mean she is probably 17 and very immature. You got in too deep. You should keep you distance until things develop naturally (if they do). There are lots of girls out there, and most of them will milk you for as much as they can get. Not to mention having Thai boyfriends on the side, etc. A small percentage of them are decent good girls (but it will take time to work out if a lady is of this calbre). Thus don't let them know too much about your financial standing and don't give them too much; the more you spend on them the less they appreciate it. Play with them and don't let them know too much about your private affairs. Be the giglo :o

20k a month is fantastic money to most normal thai girls.

But in Bangkok once they discovert the super-duper shopping malls they suddenly develop expensive tastes.

I know from my experiences in the provinces that 10-15k a month is more than enough.

You weren't being a c.c. in my eyes, but you fcked up when you showed how much cash you had.

Always be cagey about that one :o

No you are not a cheap charlie you are not a very experienced charlie.It also depends how much she has to pay to the bar owner who told you the old story of an unexperienced girl with no child which arrived only a few days ago from the country side.That she is not so unexperienced shows her reaction when she saw your ATM slip.20 000 Bath a month is a big amount for a rural girl.Do you really believe that a bar owner who went up country to stock up on his dancers would let her go only after a few days work without a substantial bar fine?He probably had to pay some money to a family member.

Often the girls wind up in the bars themselves with no strings. The family often just consider them to be 'working' a restaurant or somesuch.

But then there are the young ones who find themselves 'bonded' to the bar and suchlike...

Thanks all...Ive had a great laugh reading the various replies on this one.

The thing i dont understand is this:

If you have a bargirl budget of 20,000 per month then why not go buy a different one every night???

If you are really that way inclined im sure some suburban trawling with a 1000 baht note could find you some rather welcoming company.

Surely there are many benefits:

a. you get to choose a different one every night.

b. you only have to do the monday to friday shift (at 1000 per night,costing 5000 per week) and have a well earned rest on the weekends!

c. No-one hanging around nagging and hitting you up for more cash.

d. Dont have to hide your bank records

AND NO! i dont say this from personal experience!

I actually have a monthly budget of not much more than 20 000 for my own living expenses!

I'd like to remind the posters on this thread of the rules against referencing prostitution, including bargirls- which seems to have been stretched even on the first post. I will probably not bother cleaning the thread up, so if it doesn't behave itself it gets closed.

Oh, and on topic: you were sooooo cheap. I think you should give her 500,000B a month at least!!

I'd like to remind the posters on this thread of the rules against referencing prostitution, including bargirls- which seems to have been stretched even on the first post. I will probably not bother cleaning the thread up, so if it doesn't behave itself it gets closed.

Oh, and on topic: you were sooooo cheap. I think you should give her 500,000B a month at least!!

Sorry for my part of the profanities,i just couldnt help it!

As for 500,000 a month!!...

Goddamn ill shave my own head and paint a pretty face in lipstick and walk backwards for that!!

All you guys saying i would never pay are deluded

It seems you are deluded or trying to be to make yourself feel better by insisting all men must pay like you, most men don't pay, its only the minority that do. But I'm lying, Im in my 30s now, in 10 or 20 years how will I feel? Well maybe 30 years I'd be willing to pay a salary to a woman to pretend to be my girlfriend.

Had a friend do that with his American wife. Cards, accounts, house deed, you name it. After 16 years of marriage, she colluded with his accountant and drained his accounts of somewhere north of US$10,000,000.

So what does he do with his next girlfriend. . . . Yeah, you guessed it. :o US$150,000 per year disappearing out of his accounts. He just didn't have enough left for her to nail him for multiple millions.

OK I know there are gonna be some of you who are gonna slate me but lets see where this goes.........

6 months ago I got a girl to finish working in a bar.......... she had only been there a couple of days and came direct from the "Isaan Girl Factory" so she was not being too corrupted..... I know this as i know the bar owner and he had got the lady from Issaan himself.... and no baby to look after :-)

We had been getting on very very well..... I had been giving her 20k a month of which she always sent 4k to her mum and dad, I pay for all the apartment and bills, food and drink and when we go out she never has to pay for anything......so she literally has 16k a month just for her........ then i left out an atm slip showing a LARGE balance and all hel_l broke loose.

"Why do you only give me 20k a month when you make xxxxxxx amount per month " blah blah blah you can imagine the rest........ anyway to cut a long story short. I went to Hua Hin to visit a client for a couple of days and all the time i was there she was calling me and sms-ing me telling me that i have taken another girl and i never take care her etc etc............ When i got back is all I got was ear ache so i thought I can really do without this and we split up....... I gave her an extra 10K on top of her 20k to make sure she had a few baht to sort out a room etc.

Anyway............ the question I want answering .................. Do you think giving a girl 20K a month is being a cheap charlie irrespective of what i do or earn???

Or do you think that because she saw my atm slip that she suddenly saw lots and lots of 1000baht notes and was trying it on???

To be honest its only been 4 days we have been apart but I am really missing the girl............... I look forward to your comments

VM

You asked for opinions, so heres mine: under the same set of cirumstances, if you can identify with what you have been doing as normal and acceptable in the West with a young girl working as a barmaid who you had just met, then fine, but if not, then time you sat down and and done some serious thinking.

Some rural folks do Geeky, but not most Thais. Especially not Thai men with money. If they did the whole mia noi culture would crumble.

As 95% of the responses are saying the girl is 'just a gold-digger', let me suggest an alternative picture.

She has come down from Isaan, is young, inexperienced and suddenly after a few days is taken in by some 'rich' westerner. This makes her very happy and she thinks she is number 1 in his life because he gives her so much money. She hopes that they will marry and be together all the time, but she knows he has to go away to earn money, she can live with that because she is his number 1, he works to take care of her and her family.

Then suddenly she sees the money he is making.... her preconceptions crumble.

She is not number 1, just some stupid mia noi, one of many women he has. Why does he go away so much? who is he with? How much does he give THEM every month?

Thai women don't like the mia noi culture, but they assume it is probably happening, and therefore they need to feel that they are at the top of the pile.

I realise that you probably don't want to commit to this girl, but you may find that she has already committed to you (on a false assumption) and now she finds that her assumptions were wrong she is (irrationally, by western standards) upset.

If you want to keep her, I would suggest that you reassure her she is number 1, buy her some gold (I'd guess 3-5 baht would do the trick) and let her see what you spend your money on (assuming you don't have a dozen other gfs). She will definitely be more expensive from now on though!