Can They Cancel My Visa And Keep My Passport

they also want my personal laptop and computer handed to them tonight? ... so they can wipe everything, but it is my computer with personal information and stuff which i do not want wiped, can they do this legally??? ... i do have the recipt as well that i bought this computer myself

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blacklisting is not a simple task, IIRC it requires formal approval at the most senior level, possibly through the Immigration Commission [chair is the Permanent Under-Secretary of the Interior Ministry] with the Director General of the Labour Department as another member.

For example, the head of a provincial office would have to show just cause for a persona non grata issue to, at the very least, the [National] Commissioner of Immigration Police. There is also a statutory right of appeal to the Minister.

Regards

Edited by A_Traveller

You can go to the embassy but I think you will be a little disappointed by how much help they will be. They have zero authority outside the walls of the embassy. As I said before they just going to tell you to go to the police and make a report.

I don't think your ex employer has done anything and he is just spouting a lot bluff trying to keep you on the job.

Edit: No on your lap top that is your persoanl property.

I don't think your ex employer has done anything and he is just spouting a lot bluff trying to keep you on the job.

well the police report is real i have already checked as my girlfriends cousin works for the police, but luckily they will assist to clear for me

well the police report is real i have already checked as my girlfriends cousin works for the police, but luckily they will assist to clear for me

If you have a contact with the police that is the best place to start, You might be surprised how quickley your ex boss backs down on giving you your passport if you walk in with a cop.

DO NOT give them your personal computer....don't let these dribble diks stand over you! Tell them "NO" and also tell them to not bother asking again. In turn, if they return your passport immediately you will assist them in the deletion of work files only. :o

TWO can play their games

DO NOT give them your personal computer....don't let these dribble diks stand over you! Tell them "NO" and also tell them to not bother asking again. In turn, if they return your passport immediately you will assist them in the deletion of work files only. :o

TWO can play their games

Correct, report them to the police immediately, claim unpaid commissions, severance pays etc in full and tell them if the passport is not back with you in next 8 hrs you will disclose all information you might have not only to your new employer but also their other competitors!

Oh, almost forgot. Also report them to the labor department. Propably prevents them getting new work permits for a while...

Boater, since you are reluctant to go to the police yourself to report the theft of your passport, by all means go to the embassy and they will give you a list of lawyers from which you can chose to do the report for you. As you also have other issues with your employer, you will probably need a lawyer anyway.

--

Maestro

If you have not done anything illegal, dishonest or violated any contract or ethical issues.......go after them with both barrels blazing and don't stop until you've received your passport, back pay/commission, severance and any expenses you incurred in collecting what was rightfully yours.

The longer you let this "stew" the more it helps them. You may already be in violation of immigration laws if they shut down your work permit/extension of stay and you have not gotten the correct extensions etc (because you don't have your passport). This is why you should have reported the passport missing/stolen immediately and then taken it from there with regard to all the rest.

In cases like this, you have to watch out for yourself....don't depend upon someone else for your legal situation with regard to immigration or other, for that matter.

Go full force forward with the police, embassy and contact your employer via phone and record the conversation...at least getting them to refuse giving your passport back.

Good luck!

Boater....

1. Lawyer

2. British Embassy

3. Thai copshop - lay a complaint about your passport

4 Thai Labour department - lay a complaint over money owed

In that order

Dont give them your personal laptop, and I would worry too much about "mafia" connections....generally the people who have these sort of connections dont talk about them or threaten people with them...

Similar to hundreds of ex-military running around Pattaya telling everyone they were in the SAS or US special forces...they are talking sh*t

Certainly confirms much of what we have heard about Samui real estate operators...just not a very desireable crowd to hang out with.

i could right a 200 page book about it ! :o but there are some nice honest people inthe game there but very very few...

Dont give them your personal laptop

i have left it in a secure location with the orignal reciept to say i purchased it

Boater....

1. Lawyer

2. British Embassy

3. Thai copshop - lay a complaint about your passport

4 Thai Labour department - lay a complaint over money owed

1) can someone recommend a lawyer in BKK??

2) will be going there now

3) whch is the best police station to go to ??? i am only 1 stop on the BTS from The royal Thai Police head quaters ( i am thinking they are less corrupt there )

4) where is this located?

thanks

If it were me i would not be hanging around,bluff or no bluff(remember tea money solves everything in thailand,and we farang have very little chance of justice here).I would go to my embassy after having gone to police in BKK to reports its loss in bkk,get a new passport,go somwhere nice and chill out.Later when the heat has died down,get another visa and come back and start again,but you will be wise to stay clear of samui in the future.

Boater. Your priority now is your Immigration status. You could be on a lot of overstay allready.

As said get a police report and get another Passport from the Embassy. Leave by air and pay any overstay they ask for . Come back on a Visa and get legal. That's what I would do, but maybe I'm a wimp.

Boater. Your priority now is your Immigration status. You could be on a lot of overstay allready.

well i am going to the tourist police in about 30 Mins, then i am going to the embassey

will they co - ordinate with immergration to see my actual Visa status and see how long i am over or if my visa is still valid

i spoke with someone in the office who told me it is valid till the 7th Jan 2010.

thanks

As said get a police report and get another Passport from the Embassy. Leave by air and pay any overstay they ask for . Come back on a Visa and get legal. That's what I would do, but maybe I'm a wimp.

no your not being a wimp just thinking in a common sense sort of way.If i were boater i just would n't want to go through the stress and possible danger to ones self in pursuing anything,while justice might not be impossible to find its bloody hard to get imo.

Have you not got any copies of your passport or scanned it onto your laptop or anything.

I do not know what Immigration will /can do without any proof of who you are.

Hopefully someone will know.

As said if you are on an extension based on your work , that would have expired anyway.

Apologies for hijacking this thread, but I will soon have an extension to stay based on marriage on the back of my WP. If I was to leave my company and my WP is then cancelled, does this mean that my extension will also be cancelled?

And all the best boater, I hope it works out for you.

Apologies for hijacking this thread, but I will soon have an extension to stay based on marriage on the back of my WP. If I was to leave my company and my WP is then cancelled, does this mean that my extension will also be cancelled?

And all the best boater, I hope it works out for you.

No because your extension will be based on your marriage not your work.

well i am going to the tourist police in about 30 Mins, then i am going to the embassey

will they co - ordinate with immergration to see my actual Visa status and see how long i am over or if my visa is still valid

i spoke with someone in the office who told me it is valid till the 7th Jan 2010.

thanks

good luck boater.

Yes. Good Luck. I have been searching the forum on this subject and you are going to have to visit Immigration with your new passport when you get it. Try and take a Thai speaker with you. It would really help if you have a copy of your old one or at least the number.Plenty of people lose their Passports so it cannot be that big a problem. They will have procedures in place to deal with this. You cannot leave Thailand with a blank passport.

Ok update...

I have just been to the British Embassey and they were very helpfull .

They are going to ring my boss and explian that he must return the passport today and if he still refuses they will make a police report that he has ' stolen ' the passport and they will just issue me with a new one..

they told me not to worry about immergration, as they have some very good connections high up, and as i have done nothing wrong, they cannot do anything to me and if they do the Consuler who i saw will step in........

with regards to the laptop, i had a call from the poilce who said not to worry as they know i have stolen nothing and they will not proceed, and they mentioned to me just to get my passport back ASAP.... as i have already reported this to the Embassey i cannot get into trouble if i am on overstay ect as my passport is being held..

but they told me not to go to the police as no need .....

Ok update...

I have just been to the British Embassey and they were very helpfull .

They are going to ring my boss and explian that he must return the passport today and if he still refuses they will make a police report that he has ' stolen ' the passport and they will just issue me with a new one..

they told me not to worry about immergration, as they have some very good connections high up, and as i have done nothing wrong, they cannot do anything to me and if they do the Consuler who i saw will step in........

with regards to the laptop, i had a call from the poilce who said not to worry as they know i have stolen nothing and they will not proceed, and they mentioned to me just to get my passport back ASAP.... as i have already reported this to the Embassey i cannot get into trouble if i am on overstay ect as my passport is being held..

but they told me not to go to the police as no need .....

There we go....looks like things are sorting themselves out then...and if the none of the above works tell your boss the British Navy will be sending a frigate to Samui to retreive your passport.... :o:D