Tourist Police

Boater

What exactly do the tourist police do? After reading Thai Visa threads for a few months now, there is no way I would ever contact the police.

According to the majority of posters here, they have ended up in more trouble after contacting the police that before.

I have being shafted in many places on the price, I complain, pay up and never go back there again- its only solution I have found. Would the tourist police actually help if I called them? Or are they of the same ilk as the normal police?

I have being shafted in many places on the price, I complain, pay up and never go back there again- its only solution I have found.

I'm curious what kind of places you've been "shafted in". After 3-8 week visits in Thailand on an almost yearly visit since 1987, never once have I been cheated on any kind of bill except once in a bar in Pat Pong. And then I'm not sure I was shafted...I was with a group of Thai friends and I think it was just the routine high prices for a drink.

I have being shafted in many places on the price, I complain, pay up and never go back there again- its only solution I have found.

I'm curious what kind of places you've been "shafted in". After 3-8 week visits in Thailand on an almost yearly visit since 1987, never once have I been cheated on any kind of bill except once in a bar in Pat Pong. And then I'm not sure I was shafted...I was with a group of Thai friends and I think it was just the routine high prices for a drink.

Since I live here I am more aware of where the money is going and what is billed. I now always count up my bin before I hand it over and 25% (at xmas it was close to 75%) of the time it is added up wrong and sadly never in my favour.

The newest thing have being running into to is adding on an extra 10% service change-lol

Since I live here I am more aware of where the money is going and what is billed. I now always count up my bin before I hand it over and 25% (at xmas it was close to 75%) of the time it is added up wrong and sadly never in my favour.

The newest thing have being running into to is adding on an extra 10% service change-lol

If you dont check your bin, how can you know if your overcharged or not? Shafting is normal in this country and anyone who says otherwise is unobservant. The thais shaft each other all the time. We farangs are just a bit of extra bonus

My gf checks every bin and comments if incorrect. But there again she tends to make a lot 'mistakes' herself with her own

I can't speak for anyone else, but I guess I'm a big tipper...at least in Thai terms. Except when they add on a service charge. Then they lose money on me.

If you dont check your bin, how can you know if your overcharged or not? Shafting is normal in this country and anyone who says otherwise is unobservant. The thais shaft each other all the time. We farangs are just a bit of extra bonus

My gf checks every bin and comments if incorrect. But there again she tends to make a lot 'mistakes' herself with her own

I am quite careful with bills. I don't check the exact addition, but when I order I keep in my head about what the bill should be. I've found mistakes both ways. When with Thai friends, they find the same. But I do think that your likelihood of being cheated increases or decreases depending on the type of place you are frequenting.

Hi

Where is the Tourist police located in Sukhumvit?

Many Thanks

I had to report a lost ticket to the TP in order to be issued a new ticket last year. After being sent up and down Sukhumvit I found out NO TP office located there. Your best bet is to go to the TP police headquarters located on Petchaburi take the MRT and grab a taxi or bus heading east. It is a large building located on the south side of the road with "Tourist Police" sign located on the top/side of the building. Hope this helps.

F1

:o

I had to report a lost ticket to the TP in order to be issued a new ticket last year. After being sent up and down Sukhumvit I found out NO TP office located there. Your best bet is to go to the TP police headquarters located on Petchaburi take the MRT and grab a taxi or bus heading east. It is a large building located on the south side of the road with "Tourist Police" sign located on the top/side of the building. Hope this helps.

Hi

Which MRT or BTS station is the closest to the Tourist Police?

Thanks