Hua Hin Immigration Closes 20 March

ianc66

They should be moving into a bldg. near the big Index store in Hua Hin. Don't fret!

Don't be a tease, pal -- spill the beans & tell us what you know! :o

Immigration near Index would be a dream for northern HH folk like me! :D

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should be moving into a bldg. near the big Index store in Hua Hin. Don't fret!

Don't be a tease, pal -- spill the beans & tell us what you know! :o

Immigration near Index would be a dream for northern HH folk like me! :D

As I said, don't fret. Take a few moments to meditate and breath and live in compassion and peace. Enjoy with patience the next few days leading up to the formal announcement.

Rather than wait for Jumnien to finish meditating, I made a few enquiries & according to my wife's accountant as no one at the police knows what she was talking(who knows as much/little as anyone else), the new Immigration Office will be located on Soi 23 (near index). When this will open, I know not but this is within walking distance for me, making life much easier. Is it true or just a rumour? Only time will tell! :o

Rather than wait for Jumnien to finish meditating, I made a few enquiries & according to my wife's accountant as no one at the police knows what she was talking(who knows as much/little as anyone else), the new Immigration Office will be located on Soi 23 (near index). When this will open, I know not but this is within walking distance for me, making life much easier. Is it true or just a rumour? Only time will tell! :D

Troopie.........Just heard that it is confirmed that they will be going into a building on Soi 23 where observer use to be. Will believe it when it happens but it does give hope. :D:D:o:D

Perhaps it will stop the whinging and the criticism of the service. Bet a few have had sleepless night's over this as it would have cost them a few baht and extra time, we are guests here remamber.

Let's see -- if we're guests, that means they are hosts, & as this host needs us (=our bucks) rather a lot, then maybe this host should treat his guests with at least a little kindness & respect. Someone once told me that the government's ideal world would be a big box at the airport where arriving foreigners would leave all their cash before turning around & heading home again! Bangkok needs to remember that it does have competition around it & every time they make life a little more difficult for the farangs, their neighbours' smile gets bigger! Yes, we are guests & should act like guests, treating them with respect -- but respect is a 2-way street, isn't it?

Anyway, if the news about the move to the old Observer building works out, I promise to treat my new neighbours with GREAT respect -- until the next time Bangkok tries to play silly buggers! :o

The new immigration office is going to be in Soi 23, near Index mall. The new immigration office is sponsored by Hot Line Newspaper, Hot Properties Magazine and Avalon Development. The office is located in the One Stop Biz Centre along with many other companies like the Hot Properties magazine, Hotline Newspaper, Avalon, Cm Law, and many other companies. The Office will be operating from 23 march, from 8.30am to 3.30pm, Monday to Friday except on public holidays.

Jumnien,

I think you're a bit confused. First, I've never heard of Dennis Oxley. I think you have the first name wrong. Secondly, to my knowledge he was never involved with the Hua Hin Immigration office which is what this thread is about...so what are you referring to?

FWIW, I made a 90 day run to Dansingkorn yesterday .. been using that office regularly for the past 4 years. I saw a big change .. more staff .. all the faces were new except for 1 officer. Some of the newer staff were getting on the job training.

I asked one of the ladies if she had movedf down from Hua Hin .. she told me "Suvaranbhumi".

I talked briefly to the head guy there and he said they were expecting a lot more activity.

Jumnien,

I think you're a bit confused. First, I've never heard of Dennis Oxley. I think you have the first name wrong. Secondly, to my knowledge he was never involved with the Hua Hin Immigration office which is what this thread is about...so what are you referring to?

Thanks for the response. I'd just heard that Darren Oxley was the owner of the previous immigration office out in the sticks. His old company owns the new immigration office, so I was wondering if he was still inolved. Actually, I don't much care, but it seems a lot of folks around town do! Clarification, please!

Jumnien,

Thanks for the response. I'd just heard that Darren Oxley was the owner of the previous immigration office out in the sticks. His old company owns the new immigration office, so I was wondering if he was still inolved. Actually, I don't much care, but it seems a lot of folks around town do! Clarification, please!

Ah, got it. I didn't know his old company owned the building they are moving to. Anyway, supposedly they have not had a relationship in several months. I think the company probably asked him to disassociate himself as his reputation was ruining their business.

The old office "out in the sticks" was thought by many to be a gift from a Greek developer here, probably because he built an office for the police down near the beach. In actual fact, I know the owner of the immigration office on Soi 102 and he is a Thai developer who leased the place to the immigration people when the office in the police station became too small to handle the volume or was needed for other purposes. His developments are called Sea Hill and Sea Hill II and he is a very good and honest developer. His company is called Avenue Homes which may have caused some confusion with another development called Avenue 88 of which the developer is the aforementioned British man.

Hope that clears up a little of the confusion.

Jumnien,

Ah, got it. I didn't know his old company owned the building they are moving to. Anyway, supposedly they have not had a relationship in several months. I think the company probably asked him to disassociate himself as his reputation was ruining their business.

The old office "out in the sticks" was thought by many to be a gift from a Greek developer here, probably because he built an office for the police down near the beach. In actual fact, I know the owner of the immigration office on Soi 102 and he is a Thai developer who leased the place to the immigration people when the office in the police station became too small to handle the volume or was needed for other purposes. His developments are called Sea Hill and Sea Hill II and he is a very good and honest developer. His company is called Avenue Homes which may have caused some confusion with another development called Avenue 88 of which the developer is the aforementioned British man.

Hope that clears up a little of the confusion.

The new office they are moving to is not in any way related to him.

The New office is being sponsored by the Hot Line Newspaper, Hot Properties Magazine (which is not related with the HOT PROPERTY REAL ESTATE), Avalon development, Kumar Design not sure if anyone else is involved.

Is the new location of the Hua Hin immigration office in the street labelled “Hua Hin 23” on Google Maps?

Hua_Hin_map.gif

If so, please pinpoint the exact location as follows:

-- Click on the small image above to open Google Maps

-- Double-click on the exact spot on the street where the entrance to the building is. This will centre the map on that spot.

-- Copy the text in the field "Paste link in email or IM" and paste it in your post.

This will then enable me to put a placemark in that spot on Google Maps.

--

Maestro

I've tried it, not sure if it's worked.

Yes Avalon have provided the offices for them as they have leased the whole building.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=h&am...004807&z=18

It's the grey triangular building just to the right of where Soi 23/1 tees off Soi 23. The entrance is that corner point that is virtually touching the Soi 23/1 line.

According to the Hotline Newspaper (admin edit if not allowed to mention), they are only there for 8 months then moving again.

Burgernev

Edited by Burgernev

Once it is confirmed that the immigration office in Soi Hua Hin 23 is operational I would like to get the exact postal mailing address, in Thai and romanised transcription, for this office, so that the foreigners living far away from it – for example in T. Khlon Wan, A. Mueang, Prachuap Khiri Khan – may know where to mail the 90-day address report.

--

Maestro

I arrived back in HH (from Japan/HK) yesterday & whilst doing the U-turn required to reach my soi, I saw that beautiful brown & white sign showing that Immigration had indeed arrived in my neighbourhood -- what a welcome home! This morning, my wife went to do the usual report-within-24-hours-of-return fiasco (I had to stay & supervise a repairman) & she said everything was working fine. The Imm office is located at the back, it seems, but is easily located. I recommend we all show support for the boys who made this office possible, to try & prevent another scare 2 years from now. :o

Oh, & as for the address, I recommend you dig up an old issue of 'The Observer' & use the address shown inside. I am taking it for granted that you'll use EMS, as who in their right mind would use the Thai postal system in any other manner? It's bad luck for those few (very few) farang who live around Prachuap City, of course, but presumably you folks chose that area because of its isolation & being a long way from various offices is one price for such isolation. I'm not gloating but I shall have a celebratory beer or three later to celebrate my new neighbours! :D

I arrived back in HH (from Japan/HK) yesterday & whilst doing the U-turn required to reach my soi, I saw that beautiful brown & white sign showing that Immigration had indeed arrived in my neighbourhood -- what a welcome home! This morning, my wife went to do the usual report-within-24-hours-of-return fiasco (I had to stay & supervise a repairman) & she said everything was working fine. The Imm office is located at the back, it seems, but is easily located. I recommend we all show support for the boys who made this office possible, to try & prevent another scare 2 years from now. :o

Oh, & as for the address, I recommend you dig up an old issue of 'The Observer' & use the address shown inside. I am taking it for granted that you'll use EMS, as who in their right mind would use the Thai postal system in any other manner? It's bad luck for those few (very few) farang who live around Prachuap City, of course, but presumably you folks chose that area because of its isolation & being a long way from various offices is one price for such isolation. I'm not gloating but I shall have a celebratory beer or three later to celebrate my new neighbours! :D

SANITY prevails ! I for one, am delighted, that we will not have to do a 200km trip to Immigration and YES a big thanks to ALL the people that made this possible. My wife and friends will join you in a celebratory beer (or two) tonight.

Let us all not be so blxxdy complacent the next time that we hear of such a move and get ourselves organised to do something about it PRONTO. Again, grateful thanks to all the people who made this possible.

Edited by cheshiremusicman

The Soi 23 office in HH is indeed open this morning, as noted above. Unfortunately, the space for immigration is way too small - much more jammed than the office off of Soi 102 - and there is hardly any place for visitors to sit. Talked to a couple of female staffers there this morning and they said they hated the "new" place, mainly because they're all jammed in there.

But, for HH residents, a lot easier to get to than the Soi 102 office (which was quite a ways from the main drag).

The Soi 23 office in HH is indeed open this morning, as noted above. Unfortunately, the space for immigration is way too small - much more jammed than the office off of Soi 102 - and there is hardly any place for visitors to sit. Talked to a couple of female staffers there this morning and they said they hated the "new" place, mainly because they're all jammed in there.

But, for HH residents, a lot easier to get to than the Soi 102 office (which was quite a ways from the main drag).

what is more important that they are here in your town and things are made easier for all of us or their comfort level. Be grateful for some ppl have tried to do rather than knit picking...

PEOPLE BE HAVE FOR WHAT YOU HAVE.

We need more ppl like you, who actually appreciate things that ppl try to do. THANK YOU to ALL THE GUYS WHO MADE THIS POSSIBLE and easy for all of us living in Hua Hin

Did someone mention a rumour that this office will only be operational for 8 months? :D

I sincerely hope this is just a rumour & that the kind folk who donated this office space, small as it may be, were not so mean as to limit it to such an awkward & short term duration. Won't some philanthropic company please donate a property/office for an unlimited duration? Surely a property company can see the benefits of making HH a more convenient place in which to live? :D

Once again, I hope this rumour was just a bit of bearish pessimism -- fingers crossed! :o

Did someone mention a rumour that this office will only be operational for 8 months? :D

I sincerely hope this is just a rumour & that the kind folk who donated this office space, small as it may be, were not so mean as to limit it to such an awkward & short term duration. Won't some philanthropic company please donate a property/office for an unlimited duration? Surely a property company can see the benefits of making HH a more convenient place in which to live? :D

Once again, I hope this rumour was just a bit of bearish pessimism -- fingers crossed! :o

apparently they are building their office close to town, don't know where exactly.