Question About Tax Invoice And Receipts

Hi

Wonder if anyone can help me with this...

I normally issue an original TAX INVOICE when i deliver goods to my customer. For example, a customer buys 10pieces total 10,000baht and I issue Invoice No: INV123.

After one month, when the customer pays in full, I'll issue a TAX INVOICE copy/ RECEIPT that looks exactly like Invoice INV123, showing 10pieces at 10,000baht. At the bottom, there will be a section to fill up the cheque number, date, bank branch etc.

However, if the customer pays only for 3 pieces (3,000baht) this month and pays for 7pieces (7,000baht) next month, how should I issue the TAX INVOICE copy/RECEIPT? Should I:

1) Issue the TAX INVOICE copy/RECEIPT No INV123 as usual, but at the bottom where we fill up the cheque no, amount etc, we write the amount that the customer is paying, and next month re-print INV123 and fill up the cheque no/amount that he's paying

OR

2) Issue the TAX INVOICE copy/ RECEIPT for only 3 pieces this month, showing the total amount of 3,000baht and at the bottom fill up the cheque no, amount etc as usual. And likewise for next month.

IF I should do as in (1) for this month, then for next month the TAX INVOICE copy/RECEIPT Number should still be the same INV123?

IF I do as in (2) for this month, then next month when I issue the TAX INVOICE copy/RECEIPT, what should the number be? Can it still be INV123? Or should i issue it as INV123-A, INV123-B...etc.

I believe that I shouldn't be printing many receipts under the same number....

I would issue the original invoice with 10 pieces for a total of 10,000 baht, THEN if they pay for three, I would write the check number date amount (3,000 baht) and under that say balance due AND when they pay the balance due write that info again. Use carbon copies and your original should have all the info (i.e. the schedule below should be on the original invoice). The receipts you issue should list the invoice they are paying on, the amount paid and the remaining balance....at least that's my 2 cents.....sorry about the formatting, but I'm sure you can see what I'm getting at...

1/1/09 sold 10 units @ 1,000 baht each 10,000

1/31/09 rec'd ck 200 dtd 1/30/09 pmt for 3 pieces (3,000)

------------

1/31/09 balance due 7,000

2/3/09 rec'd ck 201 dtd 2/3/09 pmt for 7 pieces (7,000)

balance due -0-