Need Help For Buying Chemical

sapi

afternoon,

read the whole thaivisa forum for a pest solution, most of it use boric acid.

asking around in bangkok (home pro, home work, home made, etc), nothing, no result.

search with google found a big distributor selling above 25 kg.

anybody know where i can find it in 1kg container??

ps: found reasonable price in ebay, but is thai post office allowed chemical entering the country??

thx in advance.

afternoon,

read the whole thaivisa forum for a pest solution, most of it use boric acid.

asking around in bangkok (home pro, home work, home made, etc), nothing, no result.

search with google found a big distributor selling above 25 kg.

anybody know where i can find it in 1kg container??

ps: found reasonable price in ebay, but is thai post office allowed chemical entering the country??

thx in advance.

Strangely enough, if you order chemical through conventional post they offend can get delivered to your door. The same will not happen with DHL/Fedex or UPS. If they can post it that end, and your willing to wait 7-10 days for the parcel to arrive, use EMS, and my guess is that it will be delivered. Im not claiming this is all kosha, but you might get what you need and screw customs for a change.

i also thinking like that, if they can send it, why cant i receive it.

rather than break my leg and mouth try to communicate, i will just buy it in ebay.

the worst scenario would be a police officer knocking at my door thinking the powder is some sort of drug...... i said worst case scenario. lol

i also thinking like that, if they can send it, why cant i receive it.

rather than break my leg and mouth try to communicate, i will just buy it in ebay.

the worst scenario would be a police officer knocking at my door thinking the powder is some sort of drug...... i said worst case scenario. lol

I gave up searching for such here so asked a friend in the U.S. to bring some over on his next trip, which he did, altho a commercial version of boric acid.

Used it on red ant trails, would use it on their nest if I could find it. Not quite sure if it worked as with the arrival of the cold season in November the red ants seemed to stop hitting the house.

Mac

post-32650-1235552245_thumb.jpg

same here, tired of looking that stuff in here, i know they used it in many industry but why it's so hard to find 1 lb of the stuff.

i saw yours in ebay also, they said contain 99% boric acid (not sure if that is correct).

the one i'm looking for is the 99.5% or industrial grade one, cost 3.33US for 1 lb.

ask in a pharmacy. maybe not boots or in the big supermarkets, but the small shops around the corner.

pharmacists don't sell only factory made and packed medicine. some products like ointment, cremes for skin treatments are fresh & hand made by the pharmacists even nowadays. that is what they learn at pharmarcy school. and they should have in the backroom a small laboratory, certain chemicals in stock and of course know where to order the chemicals they need. a fresh on demand made borax/boric acid solution for the use as eye drops is an old standard. so boric acid should be in the house or easy to order for them.

if you get your boric acid this way or another and can testing it, please let a report follow if it's really that good in killing insects like some webpages say.

tried that way in january, going from shop to shop equipped with the chemical name both in thai and english. no result (as always if they deal with foreigner "no have" answer).

anyhow, i'm going to buy it online and see what happen.

will update the result of it, as pest control or other means.

Used boric acid once - a looong looong time ago, faaaar, faaaar awaay while doing research on Papayas. Actually I used borax. If you have contacts with the Kasetsart University, they just might have a supply department for horticultural science students.

It seems that you have been knocking on the wrong doors. I don't think HomePro or HomeMart would carry this product. Try China Town. They have everything there.

On Ratchadamon Klang between Democracy monument and KSR there is a school/uni bookshop, on the upper level in the science section they supply lab chemicals, boric acid common so good chance. Also some lab equipment places on same block worth trying. Similar establishment 5 mins walk past National Stadium on Rama 1.

I can't help with BKK, but here in Chiang Mai you can buy it cheaply in half kilo tubs from the small chemical supply shop on Suthep Road pretty much directly opposite the teaching hospital (on the left if you are heading up Suthep Road away from the moat).

BTW I make my own ant killer using Boric acid and it is amazingly effective - I've gone from inundated to NO ants inside my home. Love it!

The recipe I have used can be found at http://quantumrelativity.calsci.com/Recipes/AntDeath.html and has worked great for me. Their advice of simply leaving puddles on the floor for ants instead of using containers seems to work well for me: getting much easier uptake by the ants.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

update on this post.

after got tired of finding it, i ordered it from ebay.

reasonable price compare with the one i saw for wholesale in bangkok.

in bangkok, 500 g is 400 bath. :o

in ebay, 1 lb (400 g) is around 3.33USD (around 200 bath). :D

bought 3lbs for total with the shipping 23.99USD (around 800-900 bath), reasonable price, and this one is industrial grade 99.9% :D

arrived today, no hassle with post office, i didnt see any sign of checking, the seller stated in the form "ceramic colorant".

later i will post what i do with it.

cheers.

Edited by sapi