Free Tourist Visas Between March 5 And June 4, 2009

You still have to apply , but there will be no fee for a single entry tourist visa.

I wonder only if this "new" regulation is generally accepted for ALL Aliens, in ALL Embassys of Thailand Worldwide, or only for Germans in Germany, Malaysians in KL, Penang or elsewhere in Malaysia.......does it definitively say that Europeans or Americans can apply for the 60 day visa in another country as their own, without paying the normal fee?

Please read post number 1.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we not have enough scumbags here already? I am tired of more low level tourists which come here only for the cheap beer, cheep sex and free food on every birthdaylparty on a beerbar.

Get off your high horse. Who is offering that cheap...whatever? Where that tea money goes from bars...? Another example, international chains like Tesco are taking over without any critisism from Thai officials (wonder why...) but at the same time setting up legally small farang owned businesses or even owning land are like pulling teeth.

Boy, this is great, I was just about to apply for an extension to my 60 day visa, now I can come in again with out worry. Awesome news.

Are you sure about that? I gather that by saying you can "come in again" means you are out of the country now?

So you have a two month multiple entry?

I wouldnt count on it being free as im pretty sure that the free visa is only for a previously applied 1 month tourist visa..NOT for a renewal...So i guess maybe you are intending on re-entering for 30 days on a new tourist visa?

Can you do that back to back after having used a 60 day entry?

Mind you im in the same boat as i am due to renue in April, so any info appreciated

Do we not have enough scumbags here already? I am tired of more low level tourists which come here only for the cheap beer, cheep sex and free food on every birthdaylparty on a beerbar.

Get off your high horse. Who is offering that cheap...whatever? Where that tea money goes from bars...? Another example, international chains like Tesco are taking over without any critisism from Thai officials (wonder why...) but at the same time setting up legally small farang owned businesses or even owning land are like pulling teeth.

Hi Noob, I am not sitting on a high horse, I only come to Thailand (specially Phuket) since about 20 years, when it was nice here and quiet. I have no idea who needed more and more bedfactorys, bigger and bigger streets and more and more cars and motobikes. THailand was a nice country once. (and in some places it still is) If I had know the progression 15years ago, I never have bought something here. Today we got 60 % low end touries here, which are only going on their holidays for saving money. Specially the germans and the froggies......sometimes its a shame to be a german :o

anyway, back to Topic

Hi Noob, I am not sitting on a high horse, I only come to Thailand (specially Phuket) since about 20 years, when it was nice here and quiet. I have no idea who needed more and more bedfactorys, bigger and bigger streets and more and more cars and motobikes. THailand was a nice country once. (and in some places it still is) If I had know the progression 15years ago, I never have bought something here. Today we got 60 % low end touries here, which are only going on their holidays for saving money. Specially the germans and the froggies......sometimes its a shame to be a german :o

anyway, back to Topic

guinea

Tesco,Makro and others are inevitable to thailand the create jobs for proper Thai people ,not ilegal workers, as for the sex business i would look to the balkan countrie,s who are rapidly taking over this country because of there laxed immigration laws, Thai Girls and men were drawn to it for reasons that in most cases fed there families, the RED

I wonder if this is in affect for double entry tourist visa's as well....

Re-read the OP. It said "Such arrangement is for Tourist Visa single entry only."

We purchase tourist visa entries on a per entry basis. Will it mean that a double tourist visa applicant will get one entry for free?

This is exactly what i would like to know :o

OK everyone; let's jump back on topic - Visa Fees waived for 3 months from 5 March to 4 June.

My wife will be travelling to Thailand in 2 weeks (for 6 weeks) on her Thai passport, but our two children are on Australian passports.

Today I contacted Royal Thai Consulate General - Melbourne to ask how to apply for the Tourist Visas.

They said there is still no decision about the waived visa fees and I need to pay AUD$45 per person for the application.

I have replied back to their email with the link found earlier in this thread:

http://www.tatnews.org/latest_update/detail.asp?id=4235

The nuts and bolts of my email reads:

Thank you for sending me the Tourist Visa application form today after I spoke with you.

I asked you about the Thai Tourist Visa fees being waived and you indicated nothing is official as yet.

I urge you to review the following link to "Tourism Authority of Thailand" web site indicating the decision has already been made and is effective from this Thursday.

Thank you

Edited by RJJ

OK everyone; let's jump back on topic - Visa Fees waived for 3 months from 5 March to 4 June.

My wife will be travelling to Thailand in 2 weeks (for 6 weeks) on her Thai passport, but our two children are on Australian passports.

Today I contacted Royal Thai Consulate General - Melbourne to ask how to apply for the Tourist Visas.

They said there is still no decision about the waived visa fees and I need to pay AUD$45 per person for the application.

Thank you for sending me the Tourist Visa application form today after I spoke with you.

I asked you about the Thai Tourist Visa fees being waived and you indicated nothing is official as yet.

I urge you to review the following link to "Tourism Authority of Thailand" web site indicating the decision has already been made and is effective from this Thursday.

Thank you

I presume you are Australian? In which case you do not need a visa if travelling on an ordinary passport before you go, nor do you require visa on arrival. That is for stays of less than 3 months. All you do is go the immigration, hand the card over and smile nicley.

I presume you are Australian? In which case you do not need a visa if travelling on an ordinary passport before you go, nor do you require visa on arrival. That is for stays of less than 3 months. All you do is go the immigration, hand the card over and smile nicley.

Surely if you dont have a visa, then the 30 day visa exemption rule applies? Assuming you are from one of the 48 eligible countries of course....

i.e. 30 Day stay allowed and not 3 months on passport only

Edited by mxyzptlk

Thank you

You could apply for Thai passports for the children. Although 2 weeks is short notice, it would be handy for the next time.

When we arrive at the airport in Melbourne to fly to Thailand, they will check the return dates.

As the kids are going for 6 weeks (greater than 30 days) I know they will not allow the kids to board the plane.

That is why we need to get the visas prior to leaving Australia.

Last year we went for 30 days and the check-in staff had to ring her Manager to verifiy if the rule was "less than 30 days" or "not greater than 30 days".

so the authorities in bangkok didn't inform the offices abroad yet.

let us know when and what you got as an answer.

apart from that one possibile outcome could be, that you will have to wait a little bit longer until you get your passport back. specially if you are on your visa trip from thailand to cambodia or malaysia, you maybe have to wait now 2-3 days for your visa instead of only one night. any bets on that?

All foreigners who apply for Tourist Visa at the Royal Thai Embassies and the Royal Thai Consulates-General worldwide, including eligible foreigners who apply for Visa on Arrival at designed checkpoints, will be exempted from tourist visa fee from 5 March to 4 June B.E.2552 (2009).

An air ticket from Europe cost some 50.000 THB and a visa cost some 1.200 THB???

Who are they trying to fool. Not the incoming tourists for sure.

It's nothing else than an attempt to show they are doing something. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I know, I put on my dark sunglasses and no one can see how embarresed i am. :o

Plenty of tickets from Europe from around 25,000 return...dont mean to nit-pick

Has anyone applied for a tourist visa since March 5? Feedback would be welcome!

I'll be applying for a tourist visa in Vientiane after March 18.

i applied for one since march 5 from the irish consulate but i just threw in the application fee

i somehow can't see them sending my money back to me

i applied for one since march 5 from the irish consulate but i just threw in the application fee

Why wouldn't they? You may have to pick up the refund in person.

Why wouldn't they? You may have to pick up the refund in person.

i stand corrected

one tourist visa issued on the 9th march from the thai consulate in ireland with the €40 application fee returned

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Today I picked up my 60-day tourist visa at the consulate in Vientiane, Laos. Free of charge, just the usual long lines yesterday when applying for it. Took about 2 hours, around 10am there where about 300 people. Today at 2pm I was the only one.