Non Imm B Extension @ Immigration Phangnga / Problemo?

Some questions about Non Imm B 3 month visa:

I tried to extend it to a one year at the Immigration in PHANGNGA a couple of weeks ago. They gave me papers in Thai that supposedly would describe what to do. I asked them if this info would be available in English as well, they said no, I should find somebody to translate for me.... I then went to my accountant and he said that the guys down there just want to have their "Extra Fees" and he recommended me to make a visa run outside the country. So I went to Penang in hope to get a one year non Imm B, as I have all the necessay papers (3 year history of Tax, Soc.Insurance, company reg, etc. pp.)

The consul gave me a three month visa though with the comment that my company needs to have 8 Mio Baht reg capital (4 Mio would not be enough) to get a one year visa. With this 3 month visa I went back to Phangnga Immigration with all the papers my accountant gave me (which were written on the list I should bring). Again they said that papers were missing.

Esp. the missing papers included:

authenticated (certified) Tax and Soc. Insurance papers (not just copies with company stamps on it), original Company reg papers, signed statements (something in Thai, not the TM 7) and some other papers.

My questions:

Did you ever get a one year Non Imm B Visa in Penang, if yes, what was the reg. capital in your company?

Did you recently try a TM 7 (Visa Extension) in Phangnga, if yes, what was your experience?

Did you have to pay "Extra Fees"?

Thanks

Update and question:

I received a private message from a forum reader recommending me to use an accounting service to get my visa extension in Phangnga, as to his/her knowledge no foreigner so far got the extension by him/herself.

So, I had my accountant prepare all the papers again and he then called the immigration to verify that for my next personal visit I got all the necessary documents. He was told by the immigration officer, that even if I come and have all the papers I would not get my extension, the officer recommended that my accountant should come and bring 17.000 Baht in cash to make sure to receive the extension. To my knowledge this seems to be the usual practice in Phangnga.

Question:

Do you know of this 'regulation' in Phangnga?

Is it common in other places as well?

Is it worthwhile complaining in BKK?

Am I at risk in doing so?

Please,

just let me know if it is usual procedure to pay 17000 Baht for an extension.

I have to get out of the country otherwise to get a new visa (again) ...

Thanks

I would suggest the THB17k is some tea money...as it costs no where near that to do an extension

I know that officially it is 1900 Baht. But they will not give it to me for 1900, they want to have 17.000 Extra "Tea Money"

Should I pay?

Should I complain in BKK?

Should I not pay and just go to Kota Bahru?

Is this known elsewhere in any Immigration in Thailand?

Thanks

I know that officially it is 1900 Baht. But they will not give it to me for 1900, they want to have 17.000 Extra "Tea Money" ...

Should I complain in BKK?...

“They” being your lawyer, if I understand correctly. I don’t think you should complain in Bangkok about your lawyer.

--

Maestro

No, not my accountant, he just communicated with the immigration guys for me.

I can and should deliver the 17.000 Baht directly to the Immigration myself.

My accountant recommends me to leave the country and get a visa in a consulat or embassy if I am not willing to pay the "extra fee" to the Immigration.

Edited by Duangta

• 2 weeks later...

Be brave refuse to pay the 'tea money' ask them to put it in writing if they refuse then use a second person to report them.

If you contact the right people. you will help stamp out these crooks.

Another options is to take along an undercover offical or police officer, to act as your witeness. and to catch the people invovled, trust me there are officers who would love to catch these people for their own ends.

They problem of tea money is thanks to farang with too much money, no brains or no bottle to stand up for their rights and /or do not do their homework and carry the regs with them.

Be brave refuse to pay the 'tea money' ask them to put it in writing if they refuse then use a second person to report them.

If you contact the right people. you will help stamp out these crooks.

Another options is to take along an undercover offical or police officer, to act as your witeness. and to catch the people invovled, trust me there are officers who would love to catch these people for their own ends.

They problem of tea money is thanks to farang with too much money, no brains or no bottle to stand up for their rights and /or do not do their homework and carry the regs with them.

Excellent advic there, PeterandCat :o