2009 Formula One Season

I wish Lewis or Hekki could have got to P3, it would have been a great interview. Could be an interesting race tomorrow. Usual stupid comment by Slater re the weather in qualifying, and the McLarens in the pits. This is going to spoil some strategies, it wasn't in the race prick.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish Lewis or Hekki could have got to P3, it would have been a great interview. Could be an interesting race tomorrow. Usual stupid comment by Slater re the weather in qualifying, and the McLarens in the pits. This is going to spoil some strategies, it wasn't in the race prick.

Sorry to be negative, but I suspect the interview would have been the same as any other -'the team did a great job, we're looking forward to tomorrow' etc. The only driver that REALLY speaks his mind is Webber!

Agree though, that it could be an interesting race - let's hope so, although it would be nice to see Webber win (I think he deserves it after all this time). If it rains - it could be anyone's race, depending on accidents, safety cars etc.

Personally, I'm sick and tired of the politics (although I understand why its necessary at the moment for the teams to put their collective foot down), and looking forward to the racing - especially now, when it looks as if the teams are far closer to each other!

Respect to Heikki - he's doing a great job in qualifying (bearing in mind fuel loads, lack of upgrades compared to Lewis etc.), I just wish he'd bring his qualifying performances to the actual race!

Fingers crossed for an exciting race....

Weird qualifying session - particularly Q1. Almost like people weren't really that bothered about getting pole.

With the raft of changes they'll no doubt be bringing in for next season, i hope they make some changes to qualifying - doesn't work for me. Perhaps they should just go back to how it was in the first place. One hour session with drivers allowed to do 12 laps in that time.

Looking forward to a good race today - if it rains it'll be very interesting!

Hi

Hamiltons time looks even more impressive 3rd on fuel adjusted time, that goes even more so for Sutil 6th on adjusted times.

I hope it rains and throws up an odd result!! :)

TBWG :D

But let's not forget that Lewis had upgrades that Heikki didn't!

Let's hope this puts an end to all the arguments that Lewis is not the 'favoured' driver at McLaren!!

That said, it looks as if Lewis put in a good qualifying performance (we have no idea how much of an advantage the upgrades were, but suspect not enough to make up for the difference in fuel-related performance - Heikki was heavier but even so, there was a big gap between their times).

If the rumours are now even being talked about on TV, it sounds as if my worst fears are about to be realised - Alonso will go to Ferrari! :)

If it happens, I personally, will no longer support Ferrari. Alonso is a great racer but has never been a team player, so the reason I supported them (along with Schumi) has gone. V disappointed!!

I think that I am going to have to put a bullet proof screen in front of my tv if I carry on watching STARs coverage of F1.

It's not only the ads every 4 laps, 5 if your lucky(see how they actually boast that they are uninterrupted through to the finish with 8 or 9 laps to go) but that <deleted> Slaters commentary. You can just tell he was the speccy wisecracking know it all at school who everyone just loved to bully. Constantly calling it wrong or just plain missing the action, surely there is somebody better.

There was a recent topic on Planet F1 slagging the likes of Brundle. We should send them Slater. My dog could do better. Better still ask Murray Walker, his enthusiasm sometimes ran away with him. However even his superlatives are better than that tosspot Slater.

Hi

Well Webber 'winged' it, a great result considering the drive through!

Rubens had a hissy fit and accuses the team of trying to lose the drivers & constructors championships, as if!

I think he should accept the fact that at 38 and after 270 odd starts in some pretty good equipment, e ain't gunna be world champion!

TBWG :)

PS: Just feel sorry for Sutil, Kimi has it in for him!

Going back to the Chinese GP when they played the wrong constructors anthem. Is it possible they thought Red Bull were from Lichtenstein instead of Austria? Lichtenstein as the same tune as we Brits.

Yep congrats to Webber - a well deserved victory! Amazing to have such an advantage that he could afford a drive through and still have a handsome lead! Not sure what happened to Vettel - was it simply traffic or was he off the pace i wonder?

Rubens had a hissy fit and accuses the team of trying to lose the drivers & constructors championships, as if!

Yep, no matter what he does, he just can't seem to finish ahead of Button!

Wondering what happened about the stewards inquiry that they said would be coming after the race concerning that incident.

Speaking of the stewards, i thought that Webber's punishment was unneccesary but i guess consistent with how they marshal the sport these days.

Hi

Well it seems as if all this pontificating by Mosley, Bernie, FIA, Luca, Flav etc is all rather academic, the real decision makers i.e. CVC the majority commercial right holders to the tune of 2 billion bucks are the people with the ultimate power. Course the top 2 honcho's happen to be Jewish so Bernie's Hilter remarks went down like a lead balloon!

It appears that they have had enough of Mosleys antics and are dealing with FOTA direct. As I understand it being the commercial rights holders means all the contractual agreements with circuits, teams etc are all in situ with them not FIA. So they are in a position to pull everything from FIA who only supply the regs.

Bernie as a 5% share holder of the commercial rights is just their appointed manager. It would appear that all is about to be presented to FIA as a done deal take it or leave it!

Moseley can then sell it as he wishes i.e. I am retiring in October of my own free will, when really he will be out on his a**e!

Ari Vatanen sounds a sensible guy I hope he is Mosleys replacement and can concentrate on the sport rather than power posturing!

Supposed to be a meeting this week to sign a new concorde agreement between FIA/CVC/FOTA. In that agreement Max (The Lash) Mosely goes.

Also has any one heard about another in season change to the tyre rules. i.e. no need for 2 different compounds?

Yep congrats to Webber - a well deserved victory! Amazing to have such an advantage that he could afford a drive through and still have a handsome lead! Not sure what happened to Vettel - was it simply traffic or was he off the pace i wonder?

Yep, no matter what he does, he just can't seem to finish ahead of Button!

Wondering what happened about the stewards inquiry that they said would be coming after the race concerning that incident.

Yep a deserved win, WEBBER is a real mans driver. As for the stewards, they should be put in the seat of a front row car just to experiance how easy it really is to see all the cars racing for the first bend around you. WEBBER aint no gung ho idiot so why would he intentionally slam into another car and stuff up his chance of a win. So it was just a racing incident.

Whoever they were, those stewards are the idiots.

And congratulations to WEBBER, dispite them, he did what he is good at..........race driving with dogged determiation

and nerveless skill.

Speaking of the stewards, i thought that Webber's punishment was unneccesary but i guess consistent with how they marshal the sport these days.

Hi

I see Lollo Rosso have confirmed Seb Bourdais is out of a drive with immediate effect!

TBWG. :D

PS Anyone noticed how Kimis head is either shrinking or his baseball cap is getting larger!! :)

Hi

I see Lollo Rosso have confirmed Seb Bourdais is out of a drive with immediate effect!

TBWG. :D

PS Anyone noticed how Kimis head is either shrinking or his baseball cap is getting larger!! :)

Just to prove my point!

post-24662-1247745443_thumb.jpg

TBWG

Hi

18 year old Henri Surtees son of John Surtees was killed today at Brands Hatch whilst competing in an F2 race. He was struck on the head by a loose wheels from another incident.

It brought back memories of the tragic Tom Pryce incident at the South African GP in 1977 when Pryce continued at unabated speed after being hit on the head.

Condolences to family and friends at this awful time. RIP.

Its not looking good for Piquet either.

Can't help but feel sorry for him as I remember when Alonso partnered Fisi - and Renault admitted they couldn't afford to give Fisi the same improvements as Alonso.

I assume the same situation still applies, but even so - Renault know the differences between the cars and will surely take that into consideration when judging Piquet's performance.

No criticism of Alonso intended - I rate him highly as a driver.