10,000 Police, Soldiers, Security Officials Deployed To Keep Security At Government House

george

Previously, lots of people liked to compare the expected outcome in Western countries of incidents occurring in Thailand, eg. seizing the airport, occupation of Government House.

In the Pattaya situation, I have small doubt the Secret Service would have a put a bullet in every one of those of people attacking the vehicle of the U.S. president.

Good point. All things considered, a lot of restraint was shown by the police and Abhisit's bodyguards. That is unless the BiB are actually turning a blind eye and conspiring to help out their old buddy Thaksin. Who knows who is on whose side now?

I know of one policeman who goes to the protests at ratchadamnoen for security. After his shift is over he changes into a red shirt and joins the protests himself.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Previously, lots of people liked to compare the expected outcome in Western countries of incidents occurring in Thailand, eg. seizing the airport, occupation of Government House.

In the Pattaya situation, I have small doubt the Secret Service would have a put a bullet in every one of those of people attacking the vehicle of the U.S. president.

Good point. All things considered, a lot of restraint was shown by the police and Abhisit's bodyguards. That is unless the BiB are actually turning a blind eye and conspiring to help out their old buddy Thaksin. Who knows who is on whose side now?

I know of one policeman who goes to the protests at ratchadamnoen for security. After his shift is over he changes into a red shirt and joins the protests himself.

As was posted here a few pages back.

"Songkitti predicts a peaceful rally

By: BangkokPost.com

Published: 7/04/2009 at 10:16 AM

Wednesday's mass protest by the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD)will probably remain peaceful and within the law, Supreme Commander Songkitti Chakkrabat said on Tuesday.

Gen Songkitti said all Thais love their country and the red-shirt protesters were no exception.

They had the right to protest, but must be careful their actions do not infringe on the rights of others."

Article continues at:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/1398...-peaceful-rally

One of my wife's very distant relatives called her up on Sunday, under the pretext of chatting, then proceeded to invite her to "Go to a party on the 8th" at Government house. She then mentioned that my wife would be able to receive a few hundred baht expense money as well. My wife mentioned that she thought the red shirt/yellow shirt nonsense was ridiculous, and her relative launched into this 10 minute diatribe spouting the red shirt party line (for similar examples, See any post by Koo). My wife tried to discuss the issue, but the relative didn't have much to discuss (not the brightest bulb on the tree). Questions that my wife asked were ignored etc.

I don't know this relative (indeed, my wife hasn't heard from her in years), but if they are calling relatives to "Go to a party", i can't help but think turnout is going to be less than the "1 million" that the UDD leaders promised. The promise of money was pretty funny as well, as the Reds always seem to claim that their people are "true believers" and not just paid lackeys.

Only a few hundred baht? Perhaps the distant relative is taking a cut as I understand from Thai language sites that the payout is 2000 baht per person.

My guess for tomorrow's attendance at 'The Party @ Prem's Park' is 18,236 ... and the going rate for all partygoers will be:

2000 baht for leaders of the thugs

500 baht for wannabe thugs

300 baht for women

200 baht for grannies

150 baht for teenagers

100 baht for kids

50 baht for babies

20 baht for each dog/buffalo/chicken

It's going to hammer down with rain at 14:37 and the area will be clear by 14:42 as everyone rushes inside the nearest shop to spend their money.

By 10 p.m. everyone will be back home tucked up in bed and looking forward to Songkran next week.

Party over ....

One of my wife's very distant relatives called her up on Sunday, under the pretext of chatting, then proceeded to invite her to "Go to a party on the 8th" at Government house. She then mentioned that my wife would be able to receive a few hundred baht expense money as well. My wife mentioned that she thought the red shirt/yellow shirt nonsense was ridiculous, and her relative launched into this 10 minute diatribe spouting the red shirt party line (for similar examples, See any post by Koo). My wife tried to discuss the issue, but the relative didn't have much to discuss (not the brightest bulb on the tree). Questions that my wife asked were ignored etc.

I don't know this relative (indeed, my wife hasn't heard from her in years), but if they are calling relatives to "Go to a party", i can't help but think turnout is going to be less than the "1 million" that the UDD leaders promised. The promise of money was pretty funny as well, as the Reds always seem to claim that their people are "true believers" and not just paid lackeys.

Heard a similar story. My friend happened to be walking around Khao San area (much to his embaressment of being there) and there was a farang offering money to people who sign up for Thai Visa forums and post against the Reds and for the Yellows.

My friend tried to get away but this guy was quite pushy, and said many people are offering money to get people to post against the Reds on internet forums, especially in English.

Well, my friend said its not of interest to him, and made his retreat from the area.

Who knows what is going on, but thats what he told me. Shocking that the pro-PAD elements are doing such things, if its true.

Thaksin was in power for many years. He protected the Monarchy and never did anything against it.

Since he was ousted, well the internet has become what it has, and lots of LM cases.

Shows Thaksin protected the Monarchy as all was peaceful then..........but those in power since have created the circumstances for all the LM cases ??? Would that not be a correct understanding ?

Thailand needs Thaksin back to protect the Monarchy, and return the status quo and remove all those bad influences now creating LM cases.

No LM problems when Thaksin was in power.

You can see why the Reds want him back, protect the country and the Monarchy.

Long live the King !

Thaksin was in power for many years. He protected the Monarchy and never did anything against it.

hmmmm. judging from your last two posts, maybe you accidentially drank some of the water bottles with Acid in them, that your RED friends keep talking about. That stuff makes you hallucinate, you know ;-)

hmmmm. judging from your last two posts, maybe you accidentially drank some of the water bottles with Acid in them, that your RED friends keep talking about. That stuff makes you hallucinate, you know ;-)

Please do tell us all what Thaksin did when he was in power against the Monarchy. Please do quote the offence and the time.

Or are you just upset that your bluff has been called ?

Heard a similar story. My friend happened to be walking around Khao San area (much to his embaressment of being there) and there was a farang offering money to people who sign up for Thai Visa forums and post against the Reds and for the Yellows.

My friend tried to get away but this guy was quite pushy, and said many people are offering money to get people to post against the Reds on internet forums, especially in English.

Well, my friend said its not of interest to him, and made his retreat from the area.

Who knows what is going on, but thats what he told me. Shocking that the pro-PAD elements are doing such things, if its true.

Oh you didnt know about that, I thought everyone knew already.

I have several friends with similar stories as well. So it must be true!

Im only guessing but probably paid per post regardless of quality and fact based content. :o

The reds talked on their stage just now that some people are at Nuttawut's house threatening his wife and 10 month old son.

Nothing serious. They drove around a few times before parking in front of his house. They went away after a while.

Desperate people are afraid if Khun Thaksin comes back, they will lose their power. All they did, including supporting Sondhi to use Kotex which is extremely offensive to Thais, is to cut him out from us. But they are wrong. We have gone too far from fighting for one person. We fight to take back our right to choose our own lives, which is to choose our parties. We are the country owner. The ruling class is not. No Army can harm us this time.

:o:D :D at Khao San area :D :D :wai:

you are the troll of the day!

These things work different, but you may know from your own contract.....If not it can be found on the internet, even at Thai Visa

Those who are living on our tax think they can control us forever, so they cut any Prime Minister we voted for by coups if that PM does not please them. This time they told transportation companies not to provide buses or they won't extend the operation license. They blocked the reds on the road, saying there was traffic jam ahead. After U-turning, later on the reds knew there was no traffic jam. There were protestors wearing blue on the main road from Isan to Bangkok, protesting the pollution thing, and 1 other protest to slow us down. The reds in Chanthaburi must hire buses from Nakhon Pathom because the Chanthaburi people do not allow. They will move any Governor letting people go red. I think they must move all because reds are in every province.

They still think the old style like if they badmouth us for the same reason 30 - 70 years ago, people will believe it. This is the last deperate tool to knock us after they fail.

They think police will stop us on the road. In fact most police are reds.

Or they will send spy wearing red in to cause fighting, then Army will have a reason to stage a coup or to use violence.

All of these games will not work this time. We have DStation. We all know who is who after so many years watching them.

Reds are flowing to the Government House now. Hua Hin, Phang Nga, Krabi, Song Khra... Who says no reds there?

Or are you just upset that your bluff has been called ?

Not likely, I'm just trying to figure out how to answer you, without talking about things I am not allowed to talk about in Thailand or on this forum. Maybe Animatic or someone with better command of the English language can help me out here. To put it simply, Thaksin made a power grab. He replaced and removed a lot of people, he should not have removed. I won't say more than that. Maybe someone else can explain it to you, better. I will not be goated into saying something, that may be deemed illegal.

Desperate people are afraid if Khun Thaksin comes back, they will lose their power. All they did, including supporting Sondhi to use Kotex which is extremely offensive to Thais, is to cut him out from us. But they are wrong. We have gone too far from fighting for one person. We fight to take back our right to choose our own lives, which is to choose our parties. We are the country owner. The ruling class is not. No Army can harm us this time.

I think you should lay off those red chillies for a while :-)

Nation: Police arrest a Major for mastermind plot to kill privy councillor

Police arrested Colonel Thienchai Muangchantuek at an army camp on Tuesday night for allegedly being mastermind of an alleged polot to assasinate Privy Councillor Chanchai Likhitjittha.

The arrest came after three men who were earlier held in connection with the plot implicated the colonel as the mastermind. The arrested men told the investigators that a group of military officers wanted to instigate turmoil ahead of today's rally by the red shirts, according to the source.

The three were Kamik Sukkanjanakas, 33, Panupong Rattanapaiboon, 32 and Sakchai Lim, 29.

They were described as the gunman, the driver of the getaway motorcycle, and the contractor.

Those who are living on our tax think they can control us forever, so they cut any Prime Minister we voted for by coups if that PM does not please them. This time they told transportation companies not to provide buses or they won't extend the operation license. They blocked the reds on the road, saying there was traffic jam ahead. After U-turning, later on the reds knew there was no traffic jam. There were protestors wearing blue on the main road from Isan to Bangkok, protesting the pollution thing, and 1 other protest to slow us down. The reds in Chanthaburi must hire buses from Nakhon Pathom because the Chanthaburi people do not allow. They will move any Governor letting people go red. I think they must move all because reds are in every province.

They still think the old style like if they badmouth us for the same reason 30 - 70 years ago, people will believe it. This is the last deperate tool to knock us after they fail.

Or they will send spy wearing red in to cause fighting, then Army will have a reason to stage a coup or to use violence.

All of these games will not work this time. We have DStation. We all know who is who after so many years watching them.

Reds are flowing to the Government House now. Hua Hin, Phang Nga, Krabi, Song Khra... Who says no reds there?

Why if some reds are killing each other or burn some cars (which happens in many countries) the Army should stage a coup?

Maybe the police comes with the firefighter cars and tear gas, with or without unnecessary violence.

Than on 9 or 10 everyone goes home. No coup, no return of Thaksin, no change in politics, just some damage.

Samak had really large demonstrations, but it did not remove him nor trigger a coup.

But on the other hand...you just lost one of your gunmans. If there are some more and they can kill say 2 Privy counselor (which is very unluckily now) than the military might stage a coup, before ......

I am not denying that wikipedia can be and has been manipulated, its the nature of the beast considering the abiltiy for anyone to edit - it is still a common source to find and investigate facts, im sure 99% of journalist have found themselves on it at one time or another.

And where do you get your facts and information from that you use to develop an opinion?

Personally I use Wikipedia to draw some information from, not as a sole history and viewpoint of the world but a definite aid to develop my reality of the world around me.

Please share your source for an unbias take on these current events.

BTW - what does the number of google hits have to do with anything? If you Google - dog s*** you will get over 38 million web pages. Whats the point?

Wikipedia recieves 14,000 hits per second - its safe to say there are many that do put some trust into the site.

Maybe you don't believe it, but I never consult Wikipedia. Because IMHO people who only consult Wiki are intellectual lazy, and don't seek real knowledge.

I read about 6 or 7 online newspapers a day, I follow news programs and documentaries on TV from different countries and languages, Dutch, English, French and German. I follow International and domestic politics intensively for more than 45 years. Also I read a lot of history books since I was a child. I even can say that I'm rather an expert in WW1 and WW2 and politics during the Interbellum.

When I like to have detailed information about some subjects I google and visit 3 or 4 websites and than form my own opinion.

And now that I'm retired I have even more time on my hands to do like that.

My knowledge of Thai politics and history depends a lot on the insight of my wife, who followed Thai politics for more than 50 years and know many of the old political crocodiles from different parties on a personal level. And a few of my family members are senior civil servants. based on that, I do my own research and than form my opinion who is several times upper-set from my wife, this is causing sometimes harsh discussions.

BTW we only discus politics in the privacy of our own home, never outside because my wife said I should not do like that; I'm too much big mouth. :o

Lucky Thailand is a civilized country

:o

I am not denying that wikipedia can be and has been manipulated, its the nature of the beast considering the abiltiy for anyone to edit - it is still a common source to find and investigate facts, im sure 99% of journalist have found themselves on it at one time or another.

And where do you get your facts and information from that you use to develop an opinion?

Personally I use Wikipedia to draw some information from, not as a sole history and viewpoint of the world but a definite aid to develop my reality of the world around me.

BTW - what does the number of google hits have to do with anything? If you Google - dog s*** you will get over 38 million web pages. Whats the point?

Wikipedia recieves 14,000 hits per second - its safe to say there are many that do put some trust into the site.

Maybe you don't believe it, but I never consult Wikipedia. Because IMHO people who only consult Wiki are intellectual lazy, and don't seek real knowledge.

I read about 6 or 7 online newspapers a day, I follow news programs and documentaries on TV from different countries and languages, Dutch, English, French and German. I follow International and domestic politics intensively for more than 45 years. Also I read a lot of history books since I was a child. I even can say that I'm rather an expert in WW1 and WW2 and politics during the Interbellum.

When I like to have detailed information about some subjects I google and visit 3 or 4 websites and than form my own opinion.

My knowledge of Thai politics and history depends a lot on the insight of my wife, who followed Thai politics for more than 50 years and know many of the old political crocodiles from different parties on a personal level. And a few of my family members are senior civil servants. based on that, I do my own research and than form my opinion who is several times upper-set from my wife, this is causing sometimes harsh discussions.

BTW we only discus politics in the privacy of our own home, never outside because my wife said I should not do like that; I'm too much big mouth. :o

Well on non political topics, non controversial wikipedia is excellent. For example technical things. Unfortunately they don't like articles which are too detailed, too long. Without that restrictions it would be great.

As well for politics on topics you don't know it might be a beginning of a search.

As you told.....Interesting is to watch the same news in different languages....Unfortunately I don't have enough time. But I had a few cases in which Russia Today or the Chinese CCTV (both in english) brought informations not available in the mainstream english or german sources. But both infos were true...

Lucky Thailand is a civilized country

:o

And they don't got any waterboarding even the water was near.....

Koo I sincerely that the crusade you are following can bring the type of change for which you are asking. Unfortunately, it appears that you may be backing the wrong horse, but if it shakes up the pot amongst the landed gentry in Bangkok it will be well overdue.

Well, I read on TOC today, that the brain is much more active, when you sleep, so I think I will sign off for the night and put my brain to work ;-)

Do me a favour Koo, don't start your revolution before 10am (after I have my morning coffee), but if you do, please take a few pictures for me :-)

Koo, I do admire your perseverance for a lost case.

Well, I read on TOC today, that the brain is much more active, when you sleep, so I think I will sign off for the night and put my brain to work ;-)

Do me a favour Koo, don't start your revolution before 10am (after I have my morning coffee), but if you do, please take a few pictures for me :-)

I agree to that, please no red revolution before 9.30, but anyhow history shows revolutions are better made in the afternoon.

And make pictures I always appreciated your pics!

Well I give you credit for being able to spend the time to research a topic and so many languages as well!

For me I search out different sources as well and sometimes I do go to Wikipedia, - it can be used to further research a topic since I can go to the sites quoted on the site.

For instance when I earlier quoted information on Thaksin and election fraud from Wikipedia the information I quoted was originally taken from the Nation, Bangkok Post and CNN. If I want to research more I can read the exact article the points were taken from by simply clicking the given note. Am I intellectually lazy? I dont think so. I do think thats a pretty broad brush to label 14,000 people a second as intellectually lazy. Its simply a tool, im not retired so dont have allot of time to spend trying to gather facts.

My knowledge and viewpoint of the current fiasco is mostly assisted by my wife as well. Even then I try to filter this and research and come to my own conclusion, she is human and can be bias like everyone else. Last Oct when the PAD was sitting at the airport she insisted they were being paid - sound familiar? Her and I disagreed on this.

But we do agree that thailand can use more democracy and less of the current chaos.

And we are both worried for the safety of Everyone involved.