Anyone Have Information On Bank Reposessions Of Motorcycles?

rmicheald

I need to get some information on how to contact Banks regarding the purchase of Repo'd motorcycles. Thanks in advance for your help.

the most common bank for motorcycle financing is Thanachart bank

they have an office in Tesco Lotus Pattaya Nua

they auction all their repossesed vehicles with the outstanding balance as the base reserve

the auction charges a standard fee payable by the buyer on every sale.

auctions from Thanachart are held locally every month at Big C south pattaya

there was an auction of motorcycles there last Friday

so the next one should be in 3 weeks but songkran may interupt the schedule

best to enquire

i hope that helps

I need to get some information on how to contact Banks regarding the purchase of Repo'd motorcycles. Thanks in advance for your help.

the most common bank for motorcycle financing is Thanachart bank

they have an office in Tesco Lotus Pattaya Nua

they auction all their repossesed vehicles with the outstanding balance as the base reserve

the auction charges a standard fee payable by the buyer on every sale.

auctions from Thanachart are held locally every month at Big C south pattaya

there was an auction of motorcycles there last Friday

so the next one should be in 3 weeks but songkran may interupt the schedule

best to enquire

i hope that helps

Thanks for the information.

There are also motorbike auctions on Thepprasit Road across from Tesco , seems to be every Friday night , heaps and heaps of bikes .

Can you tell me where "Across from Tesco"? Who is selling them? Banks, Junk Dealers ??? Do they come with papers?

Thanks

There are also motorbike auctions on Thepprasit Road across from Tesco , seems to be every Friday night , heaps and heaps of bikes .

Can you tell me where "Across from Tesco"? Who is selling them? Banks, Junk Dealers ??? Do they come with papers?

Thanks

If you travel down Thepprasit , toward Sukhumvit , on the left and a bit before Tesco there is a big warehouse type building with a open front , bikes are trucked in on Friday afternoon , auction in the evening , looked to be 200 + bikes there last night . I have no idea as to who is selling them , but it can only be on behalf of banks / finance companies , so would therefore have to come with official receipt .

Edited by Noddy1

Can you tell me where "Across from Tesco"? Who is selling them? Banks, Junk Dealers ??? Do they come with papers? Thanks

The auction: Most of the bikes are Yamahas and automatic shft. They do have some manual shift (clutch) bikes and some Hondas.

The bikes are repossessions. The auction company is from Bangkok (they also hold a similar auction in BKK).

Many of the bikes look fairly new (1-2 years old) and in good condition; there are some damaged as well as older bikes for sale.

Unless you speak a modicum of Thai, take a Thai friend with you as the auctioneer conducts the auction in Thai. There are

some English speaking Thai employees that can answer questions you may have about the auction procedure.

The auction is held on every Friday. They bring in and set-up the bikes at about 5-6pm; the auction starts at about

6:30 - 7pm and lasts about 1 1/2 hours. They usually have about 150 or more bikes for sale.

Alternate directions from those previously given: Take Sukhumvit south to Thepprasit [Note Thepprasit is the next main street

after South Pattya Rd (Pattaya Tai) when travelling south]. There is the Outlet Mall and Tesco-Lotus South at the intersection.

Turn right onto Thepprasit and travel about 1-km/300-yards. The auction will be on your right (North side of Thepprasit).

Do to the _loud_ speaker system they have, you shouldn't miss it! This auction has been held for the last 3-months; there

must be a lot of moto repo's in BKK!

Could anyone with some experience at these motorbike auctions tell me, is the bidding system fairly legit, or is it completely rigged with widespread use of phony bidders working for the auction/house driving the prices up on every sale?

A friend of mine comes home with a couple every so often.

They are repo's often registered in Udon Thani or other far flung parts, looking at the paperwork they are legit as the paperwork has the local GM of Yamaha as the owner's rep, complete with copies of his passport and work permit. He gets them and then rents them. (Look at batercard for his details, not an organisation i usually promote.) The paperwork gets transfersed to his name with no problem.

Before you bid, review the costs/fees required above the price of the bike.

I think it was about 3,000 baht more or less on a 5,000 baht bike.

Also, find out where the bike is registered prior to bidding. If it is registered far away, there will be additional fees for getting it registered into your name down here.

• 2 weeks later...
Can you tell me where "Across from Tesco"? Who is selling them? Banks, Junk Dealers ??? Do they come with papers? Thanks

The auction: Most of the bikes are Yamahas and automatic shft. They do have some manual shift (clutch) bikes and some Hondas.

The bikes are repossessions. The auction company is from Bangkok (they also hold a similar auction in BKK).

Many of the bikes look fairly new (1-2 years old) and in good condition; there are some damaged as well as older bikes for sale.

Unless you speak a modicum of Thai, take a Thai friend with you as the auctioneer conducts the auction in Thai. There are

some English speaking Thai employees that can answer questions you may have about the auction procedure.

The auction is held on every Friday. They bring in and set-up the bikes at about 5-6pm; the auction starts at about

6:30 - 7pm and lasts about 1 1/2 hours. They usually have about 150 or more bikes for sale.

Alternate directions from those previously given: Take Sukhumvit south to Thepprasit [Note Thepprasit is the next main street

after South Pattya Rd (Pattaya Tai) when travelling south]. There is the Outlet Mall and Tesco-Lotus South at the intersection.

Turn right onto Thepprasit and travel about 1-km/300-yards. The auction will be on your right (North side of Thepprasit).

Do to the _loud_ speaker system they have, you shouldn't miss it! This auction has been held for the last 3-months; there

must be a lot of moto repo's in BKK!

Hi ya Luk Dod, & anyone else who might know.

I have 2 easy questions please, have you seen full size bikes for auction such as CBR Hondas, Kawasakis etc or is it all scooters & general stink wheels ?

2nd question please,

any idea of the auction payment system ? do you know if its buy it & pay there & then, or deposit & pay next day on collection ?

I ask as ones always a bit carefull having to walk around Scam City ( Pattaya ) for too long with a large ammount of cash in the pocket.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Bros.

Could anyone with some experience at these motorbike auctions tell me, is the bidding system fairly legit, or is it completely rigged with widespread use of phony bidders working for the auction/house driving the prices up on every sale?

I have gone to a few of the auctions on Theprasit Road that are held on Friday's , as noted most of the bikes are Yamaha Automatics as I think mostly bike rental places are the buyers and these seem to be the most popular rentals.

The auctions used to start at 1000 baht bidding and I saw some real steals take place with buyers getting nearly new bikes for around the 15,000 baht mark (they tack on some BS auction fees on top of this amount). Since then I see they have started using minimum bids on the bikes , so a newer Yamaha Nouvo will start at 25,000 baht - still cheaper than the average 2nd hand bike but no longer a fantasic deal after the waiting and possible transfer issues getting the green book in your name.

Probably well more worth the headache at 15,000 baht per bike ......

• 5 months later...

A friend is looking to buy a motorbike and is thinking of going to have a look at the Theprasit bike auction first.

Has anyone been there lately? Also any idea of the rules? Last time we went for a look there was something about paying a 10,000 baht deposit to get your bidding number to be able to bid.

If anyone knows exactly how they work please let me know so I can pass on the information. Also any idea what kind of prices the bikes are going for these days? Friend is looking for a Fino..

Thanks!

It costs 10,000 baht to be able to bid which is refundable if you don't buy, the starting bid price is written on the seat in white removable paint sometimes they drop the bid start price a little if no one interested the auction fee was around 1300 baht.

There will also be a capital S on the bike if it is a starter the keys are in the bikes so you can start them take someone who knows a little about bikes if you are unsure. The auction is in Thai and English the guy doing the auction speaks good english. You can pick up a sheet with the auction bikes and the bid start price in the afternoon.

I bought a one year old Fino for the misses with about 8000 ks and some minor front end damage for 16000 baht all up with repairs complete new plastics(I want a red one)new tyres tubes oil change and tune about 20000 baht you will have to go to Chon Buri to change the book into someone elses name. It will take about two weeks for the bikes green book to arrive pick up at the same place as the auction. Not sure about the price of the green book she says 3000 baht I think less I don't remember as I wasn't here when she went to pick it up. Hope this helps