Buriram Pie Man

binnsy

Hi,

Does anyone have a list of these pies etc,, i know a phone number was posted but would like to browse it first before placing an order. Does Steve deliver to BKK (i presonally havent found a decent pie in bkk and have tried most)

Thanks and Regards.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Does anyone have a list of these pies etc,, i know a phone number was posted but would like to browse it first before placing an order. Does Steve deliver to BKK (i presonally havent found a decent pie in bkk and have tried most)

Thanks and Regards.

<snip>

Thankyou,, appreciate that.

Edit,, it failed to open on my pc,, ill call Steve direct,, Thanks again anyway.

Edited by toptuan

$m <snip> (Steve)

Pickles (rsoet and Sauces6oomn Indian Curries rzsoet

Sausages Other Dishes

<snip>

Pies

Chicken Price Beef Price

Chicken and Mushroom 55 Beef and Mushroom 55

Ch cken and Veeetable 55 Beef and Potato 55

Ch cken and Ham 55 Steak and Kidney 55

Ch cken and Potato 55 Steak and Onion 55

Curried Chicken 55 Mince Beef and Onion 55

Mince Beef and Veg 55

Cornish Pasty 55

Pepper Steak 55

Fruit Others

Apple Pie 5s" Ham,Potato & Cheese sauce 55

Apple & B'current Pie trr Vesetable pie 55

Apple Crumble l-r Ouiches

Apple & B'current Crumble rs Ham, Ham & Mushroom 55

Picallili 70 Chicken(mild,medhot) 60

Sweet Pickle 70

Pickled Shallots 60 Beef(mild, med, hot) 70

Pickled Red Cabbaee 60

Brown(FIP Stvle) sauce 50

Pork z xg 110 Liver and Bacofl (250e) 90

Pork r xg 200 Chilli Con Carne(zsoe) 80

Pork & Oregano %Kc 110 Lasagne (2sog) 55

Pork&OreganorKg 200

Pork & Breadcrumbs zxe 110

Pork&Breadcrumbsrxe 204

Edited by toptuan
Posting contact information not allowed per forum rules.

• 2 months later...
:D Much to my amazement i have found a Englishman who is making good quality Pies and the prices are very reasonable.He does several fillings all the favourites Steak'n Kidney Steak with most things also Chicken with most fillings also and the pies are full with meat.If you like pies these are just what you have been missing.Even better than those at Prasat

He also does HP sauce/Branston/Pickalili

You can PM me for his contact details

If you want his telephone number it is <snip> His name is Steve

Sounds great. Living in Chiang Mai & really fancy a true pie, not one of the pale imitations you get here. I am vising Buriram next week. Does Steve have a shop that I can buy from or do I have to phone? Will pack a cooler box in the car just for pies!!! :)

Bought a load in August last year & another last week when we were in Buriram for Songkran. The best Cornish pasty I have had for years & the pork pies were splendid too. I will be a buyer whenever I can face the ten hour drive. I am off to the freezer right now, a chicken & ham pie is calling me !!! :D

Edited by toptuan

• 1 month later...

The most disturbing Thread on Thailand I have ever read.

I live in Chiang Mai and rubbish Pies are common as muck.

UN Irish & Charlei's fish and chips are best of a bad lot.

Lard is the problem, Bakers assure me it is unobtainable in Thailand.

When down in Ban Chaing the other month I had a steamed Steak & Kidney pud made with proper Lard, very nice, but I was unable to make contact with the Baker, bar would have sold me a quantity but no contact address.

I have downloaded info and will follow up.

john

In anticipation.

Lard unobtainable in Thailand. That is the best laugh I have had in a long while. :)

Where there's pigs there's lard. :D

I am a very good customer of the Pie Man and I know for a fact that his pies contain good quality lard. Maybe you, jonwilly, should try some before you go off on one.

Also......

I have checked the history of this thread and it looks as if it is you that leads a sheltered life. This thread was 2 or 3 pages back on the list. You spend all day trawling through Thai Visa to find something that erks you????

Have a nice day.

Puch

I don't often come on this board but I am all in Favour of The Pie man and will place an order and then report back.

If you read my comment you will know That up in Chiang Mai, folk in the Baking business have told me that they cannot obtain Lard.

The man in Ban Chaing told me he thought his baker had folk bring in Lard from UK. Even I thought that was strange.

I am not a baker and must trust the folk who make Pies.

The owner of my 'Local' tried to make Lard in his kitchen and the ensuing Smell emptied the bar.

Spend all day searching for something that Erks me ! What erked Me ? Your not an ex Crab are you ? Erk !

During this hot weather I have been spending more time on the net, the heat gets me down so my air con gets hammered.

Luv a good Pie, quality in UK had dropped last time I was back, lost too many small local producers.

Thank you for your polite reply, I am not so kind to folk who want to play ignorant.

john

And a very nice day to you.

One day I may tell you about when I was married to a Buriram Girl, thats how I came on the Issan thread and even ask how the old town has changed.

Steve contacted, comes across as a decent sort.

john

He is John. I was having a beer with him yesterday, when he was doing his bi-monthly bulk delivery to Surin.

His menu has expanded quite a lot now and many items seem very well recieved.

Worth a try IMHO.

Steve contacted, comes across as a decent sort.

john

He is John. I was having a beer with him yesterday, when he was doing his bi-monthly bulk delivery to Surin.

His menu has expanded quite a lot now and many items seem very well recieved.

Worth a try IMHO.

I second that

• 2 months later...

How things change. Just got back from 3 months teaching in Bangkok. First thing I did was phone the Buriram Pie Man for some decent grub. Bangkok restaurants have gone downhill IMHO.bah.gif

The guy's menu has got alot bigger with one noticeable addition being mushy peas. Lovely.biggrin.gif Now looking for a new teaching position nearer to the good foodbiggrin.gif

• 4 months later...

Has Steve changed his email?

As i am being told he has some Pork Pies and some decent T-Bags.

Binnsy

Yes he has. Don't think we are supposed to put emails on here so...........................It is now the same name as this thread, at mail provided by Google.

Has Steve changed his email?

As i am being told he has some Pork Pies and some decent T-Bags.

Binnsy

Yes he has. Don't think we are supposed to put emails on here so...........................It is now the same name as this thread, at mail provided by Google.

PM function works great.:whistling: