Buriram Pie Man

binnsy

how can that be when the Surin ones are actually bigger than the BR ones ??

Also the shepards pie at Surin is outstanding.....I ordered from BR twice.....I ordered from Surin 3 times now and shall continue as they are much better, tastier and priced right too.

My comment is based on fact.

I sell both types of pie and I have weighed the pies and extensively sampled the contents.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also the shepards pie at Surin is outstanding.....I ordered from BR twice.....I ordered from Surin 3 times now and shall continue as they are much better, tastier and priced right too.

Had this conversation with some people before. We tried both. The Buriram Pies were in actual fact bigger by volume. Also cheaper.

You are entitled to your preference but, please, it would be unfair to try to sway peoples' minds with inaccuracies.

Well, I have a Staffords pie in the fridge now.....how about you get one of your BR's out and we measure them.....also how much was your BR steak and Kidney say to use as a benchmark ??

Had this conversation with some people before. We tried both. The Buriram Pies were in actual fact bigger by volume. Also cheaper.

You are entitled to your preference but, please, it would be unfair to try to sway peoples' minds with inaccuracies.

Well, I have a Staffords pie in the fridge now.....how about you get one of your BR's out and we measure them.....also how much was your BR steak and Kidney say to use as a benchmark ??

Sad really, I should have better things to do with my life :D BUT on the strength of this topic I have just taken out a Staffords S & K and a Buriram S & K and weighed them.

The observed (2 chefs and a waitress) result was:-

Staffords 275g

Buriram 300g

End of debate.

As one who has already given some untruths how will we be able to believe you this time.

Two people here have already done what you asked and have relayed their findings.

I would imagine that your pie would magically become bigger.

As for the prices. If you take a look at Stafford's web site and then take a look at BR's prices on a regional forum(that I cannot name on here but is located in said province) then you will see for your self.

Sad really, I should have better things to do with my life :D BUT on the strength of this topic I have just taken out a Staffords S & K and a Buriram S & K and weighed them.

The observed (2 chefs and a waitress) result was:-

Staffords 275g

Buriram 300g

End of debate.

Whats 25 grams between friends.....I bet it is all water.

Anyway....maybe he has made them bigger since I last bought a BR pie a year ago.....could be......I distinctly remembering them being bigger when i changed to Staffords.

Did you measure them...not weigh them.....height and diameter.....also measure the sausage roll, bet the Staffords one is longer and thicker !!!

As for prices...just state it here...I dont know the websites, nor know the other forum of which you speak .

Staffords beef snags however are not so great....had them last night.....the cumberland are outstanding.

As for prices...just state it here...I dont know the websites, nor know the other forum of which you speak .

Staffords beef snags however are not so great....had them last night.....the cumberland are outstanding.

From the website:-

STAFFORDS

BEEF

Thai Description Product Code Engl. Description Price / Unit พายเนื้อ 10-110-10-001 Steak Pie 85 Thb พายเนื้อและไต 10-110-10-002 Steak & Kidney 85 Thb พายเนื้อและมันฝรั่ง 10-110-10-003 Steak & Potato 85 Thb พายเนื้อและเห็ด 10-110-10-004 Steak & Mushroom 85 Thb พายเนื้อและหอม 10-110-10-005 Steak & Onion 85 Thb พายเนื้อและผัก 10-110-10-006 Steak & Vegetable 85 Thb พายเนื้อและพริกไทยดำ 10-110-10-007 Pepper Steak 85 Thb พายเนื้อและพริกไทยดำ 10-110-10-008 Mince Beef & Onion 85 Thb พายเนื้อบดและผัก 10-110-10-009 Mince Beef & Veges 85 Thb 10-110-10-10 Beef Madras Pie 95 Thb คอนิชแพททิ 10-110-10-11 Cornish Pasty 95 Thb

STAR FOODS:-

Beef พายเนื้อ Beef and Mushroom 60 เนื้อเห็ด Beef and Potato 60 เนื้อมันฝรั่ง Steak and Kidney 60 เนื้อไต Steak and Onion 60 เนื้อหอม Mince Beef and Onion 60 เนื้อบทหอม Mince Beef and Veg 60 เนื้อบทผัก Cornish Pasty 60 คอรืนิซพาสตี Pepper Steak 60 เนื้อพริกไทย

Thanks.

All I can say is that I am not paying 85 for the Staffords pies....we buy in bulk somewhat though.

So for same price, we get a better quality pie than the BR ones.

Quality is subjective - your argument was on size.

You buy and eat the ones you like (I like both) that is natural.

You are suggesting that you pay 60 Baht for each pie i.e. the published price from Starfoods and 25 Baht less than the published price of Staffords. Is that correct ?

I simply ask because you were clearly confused at post #119 when you said:-

" Surin ones are actually bigger than the BR ones"

and you now accept that the Buriram S & K pies are actually 25g larger.

i would wanted to be sure that you were not similarly confused about the pricing.

Edited by cardholder

I notice an old post has been dragged up trying to promote again things must be bad out there,anyway have tried both and some things good and some bad.

This is a thread about "Buriram Pie Man".

Somebody has posted about some new products - that is hardly rocket science but you seem to have missed that.

Thanks.

All I can say is that I am not paying 85 for the Staffords pies....we buy in bulk somewhat though.

You are suggesting that you pay 60 Baht for each pie i.e. the published price from Starfoods and 25 Baht less than the published price of Staffords. Is that correct ?

i would wanted to be sure that you were not similarly confused about the pricing.

I accept that they are now larger than they were before when I changed over to a better pie....by 25 grams.....which is probably less than a slice of very thin slithered square cut ham.....I also accept your argument on weight, but have not yet received any measurements, which is what my original argument was based upon......size matters.

Thanks.

I accept that they are now larger than they were before when I changed over to a better pie....by 25 grams.....which is probably less than a slice of very thin slithered square cut ham.....I also accept your argument on weight, but have not yet received any measurements, which is what my original argument was based upon......size matters.

I have just put the 2 pies together (top to top and bottom to bottom) and they are identical.

Guess what - the Buriram pie is deeper. (by enough to accommodate the extra 25g I imagine)

I am off for a drink now and a lie down in a darkened room.

I bet it is just a thicker base on the pastry....nothing substantial......did you slice it open and measure the crust ??

You are obviously a very confused fellow. I would suggest that you read your previous posts before you embarrass yourself further.

Before you said that the extra weight was water. Now you are saying the pie crusts are thicker.

So if the pie crust is thicker then how possibly could there be more water too?

I do admire your loyalty to your pie maker, however misguided.

Oh dear its the pie mafia again ha ha ,its obvious its Buriram Pie Mans mates plugging again.Im am sorry to say but most people only think of price and not quality.Steve does a good job for the price and people buy because its cheap if he charged more then people would not buy,Staffords food and packaging and quality is far better than Steves im afraid.Staffords is proper outlet retailers with all the trimmings and while steve is busy teaching his wife knocks a few pies up in the converted barn or whatever,but his products are cheap and u get what u pay for,just look at the difference in quality.

I bet it is just a thicker base on the pastry....nothing substantial......did you slice it open and measure the crust ??

You are obviously a very confused fellow. I would suggest that you read your previous posts before you embarrass yourself further.

Before you said that the extra weight was water. Now you are saying the pie crusts are thicker.

So if the pie crust is thicker then how possibly could there be more water too?

I do admire your loyalty to your pie maker, however misguided.

No confusion...as I did not have a BR pie in front of me myself.....I used speculation.

But zzz's comments above are beefing up my arguments for sure.

Oh dear its the pie mafia again ha ha ,its obvious its Buriram Pie Mans mates plugging again.Im am sorry to say but most people only think of price and not quality.Steve does a good job for the price and people buy because its cheap if he charged more then people would not buy,Staffords food and packaging and quality is far better than Steves im afraid.Staffords is proper outlet retailers with all the trimmings and while steve is busy teaching his wife knocks a few pies up in the converted barn or whatever,but his products are cheap and u get what u pay for,just look at the difference in quality.

I wouldn't say I was one of the Pieman's mates. I am,though, a regular customer and seeing as he is a good fellow I would say we are friends. That is why I feel obliged to say what I think about his products. I do think quality. I wouldn't pay for rubbish. His products are great.,

I used to be a customer of yours too. That was until your bar closed and reopened and closed again. Shame you closed down really. I quite enjoyed popping in there for a Buriram Pie and chips on the occasions that I couldn't be bothered to cook myself.

By the way, looking at the size of the orders he took to a local get together last week, I would say that he and his good wife are doing more than "knocking up" a few pies.

His business seems to be doing very well. Some others not so well.

Dag:- It would appear your allies are doing more harm than good.

I sell both types of pie and I have weighed the pies and extensively sampled the contents.

Anyone who has seen the proprieter will not argue with the above quote! :whistling:

TBWG :wai:

Not quite sure what you mean by that, David ! :whistling::o

Anyone who has seen the proprieter will not argue with the above quote! :whistling:

Not quite sure what you mean by that, David ! :whistling::o

You in the UK Ray?