Buriram Pie Man

binnsy

You can't talk about the punters like that :whistling:

Ahh - you've obviously met some of them.

Met some, never tasted one though ;)

Iwant to start eating pies but have lost his contact details.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't talk about the punters like that :whistling:

Ahh - you've obviously met some of them.

Met some, never tasted one though ;)

Iwant to start eating pies but have lost his contact details.

OK Binnsy I will rise to the bait! After all I'd hate to think you were going hungry. :whistling:

Give his pork pies a whirl ~~~ great with a pint!

TBWG :wai:

Edited by Boo
email & number removed as per rules, please pm poster for info

please can somebody put me out of my misery i have been without a pie,a tart,a faggot,a good sausage,and expecially a good pork this is a genuine plea for the buriram pie mans contact details and not the other.i dont know where i have been looking the last few years.

please can somebody put me out of my misery i have been without a pie,a tart,a faggot,a good sausage,and expecially a good pork this is a genuine plea for the buriram pie mans contact details and not the other.i dont know where i have been looking the last few years.

thanks tbwg for the message i will contact him today.

thanks tbwg for the message i will contact him today.

sorted,mrs meat has already got the exercise bike out,asked her what she is doing,replied i heard you place the order pies galore.

well i got a delivery sat.first was a pork pie great but the mrs pinched half,second was steak/kidney hid upstairs wanted another one but couldnt wait for it to defrost,third was apple/blackcurrant tart and custard ,another problem

our dog wanted some,30 assorted is not going to last long at this rate,so i got to get a bigger freezer,delivered by steves mate paul,today faggots and mushy peas, mint sauce and crusty bread.and i am not dreaming.

• 2 weeks later...

The most disturbing Thread on Thailand I have ever read.

I live in Chiang Mai and rubbish Pies are common as muck.

UN Irish & Charlei's fish and chips are best of a bad lot.

Lard is the problem, Bakers assure me it is unobtainable in Thailand.

When down in Ban Chaing the other month I had a steamed Steak & Kidney pud made with proper Lard, very nice, but I was unable to make contact with the Baker, bar would have sold me a quantity but no contact address.

I have downloaded info and will follow up.

john

In anticipation.

Not quite in our region, but lard is readily avaliable over the counter at Yorkies, Beach Road, Jomtien. They despatch orders nationwide and have a very good reputation. Speak to Norm the owner. I also believe lard is available from Western Wholesale Food co., on Chayapruck Road, also classed as Jomtien. Alastair has recently bought out the company so you could call him. Having written this, I have eaten many a Buriram Pieman pie and have to say I really enjoy them. Some are not to my taste, but those that are are very tasty. I believe a price increase is in the offing -- shame, but then, business is business.

Had my first Buri Ram Pie Man Pie a few days ago from Coffee corner in Praconchai and i have to say it was very very nice indeed!!

I Had Steak and Kidney and i intend to try all the flavours, Just in the name of research of course! wink.gif

I better order some more stock :D.

The Minced Beef & Onion and the Chicken & Mushroom are my favourites (after the Steak & Kidney, of course!).

I can also recommend Steve's faggots.

PS - we have absorbed the 5 Baht a pie increase :)

Edited by cardholder

• 2 months later...

Had my first Buri Ram Pie Man Pie a few days ago from Coffee corner in Praconchai and i have to say it was very very nice indeed!!

I Had Steak and Kidney and i intend to try all the flavours, Just in the name of research of course! wink.gif

:whistling: Now available:

Boiling Bacon/Ham

Sold three different ways:-

Uncooked - 210 baht a kilo

Cooked(unsliced) - 220 baht a kilo

Cooked and sliced - 240 a kilo.

Smaller quantities available on request.

:whistling: Now available:

Boiling Bacon/Ham

Sold three different ways:-

Uncooked - 210 baht a kilo

Cooked(unsliced) - 220 baht a kilo

Cooked and sliced - 240 a kilo.

I got some on Sunday. Very good.

Smaller quantities available on request.

I prefer the Surin Pies and they deliver....very tasty, as are their sausage rolls and pasties.

Staffords Foods does some amazing tricks themselves....well worth the travel effort - regional.;)

You will not find better quality control than at Staffords. Bun runs the place and produces the best Brit food in Northeast Thailand.

I prefer the Surin Pies and they deliver....very tasty, as are their sausage rolls and pasties.

Staffords Foods does some amazing tricks themselves....well worth the travel effort - regional.;)

You will not find better quality control than at Staffords. Bun runs the place and produces the best Brit food in Northeast Thailand.

No slight meant to Gary as he is the boss but Bun as head chef is number one.

how can that be when the Surin ones are actually bigger than the BR ones ??

Also the shepards pie at Surin is outstanding.....I ordered from BR twice.....I ordered from Surin 3 times now and shall continue as they are much better, tastier and priced right too.

how can that be when the Surin ones are actually bigger than the BR ones ??

Also the shepards pie at Surin is outstanding.....I ordered from BR twice.....I ordered from Surin 3 times now and shall continue as they are much better, tastier and priced right too.

Had this conversation with some people before. We tried both. The Buriram Pies were in actual fact bigger by volume. Also cheaper.

You are entitled to your preference but, please, it would be unfair to try to sway peoples' minds with inaccuracies.