Buriram Pie Man

binnsy

:o Much to my amazement i have found a Englishman who is making good quality Pies and the prices are very reasonable.He does several fillings all the favourites Steak'n Kidney Steak with most things also Chicken with most fillings also and the pies are full with meat.If you like pies these are just what you have been missing.Even better than those at Prasat

He also does HP sauce/Branston/Pickalili

You can PM me for his contact details

If you want his telephone number it is <snip> His name is Steve

Edited by toptuan
Posting personal contact information not allowed on the forum.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o Much to my amazement i have found a Englishman who is making good quality Pies and the prices are very reasonable.He does several fillings all the favourites Steak'n Kidney Steak with most things also Chicken with most fillings also and the pies are full with meat.If you like pies these are just what you have been missing.Even better than those at Prasat

If you want his telephone number it is <snip>His name is Steve

Steve, Know him well he is a good mate of mine and his picallili is the bees knees. he mentioned to me he was thinking of doing this, good luck to him.

Edited by toptuan

:D Much to my amazement i have found a Englishman who is making good quality Pies and the prices are very reasonable.He does several fillings all the favourites Steak'n Kidney Steak with most things also Chicken with most fillings also and the pies are full with meat.If you like pies these are just what you have been missing.Even better than those at Prasat

Steve, Know him well he is a good mate of mine and his picallili is the bees knees. he mentioned to me he was thinking of doing this, good luck to him.

Sounds promising, might be a good idea for him to pay a visit to the ferang restaurants to see if he can do a better deal than there present suppliers? That way it will get his 'foot in the door' with the Meat Pie Mafia :o:D

Dave

Edited by toptuan

:D Much to my amazement i have found a Englishman who is making good quality Pies and the prices are very reasonable.He does several fillings all the favourites Steak'n Kidney Steak with most things also Chicken with most fillings also and the pies are full with meat.If you like pies these are just what you have been missing.Even better than those at Prasat

Could be like Benny Hill's song

Sounds promising, might be a good idea for him to pay a visit to the ferang restaurants to see if he can do a better deal than there present suppliers? That way it will get his 'foot in the door' with the Meat Pie Mafia :o:D

Dave

Edited by toptuan

Cooked or raw as I don't have an oven ?

Edited by toptuan

I actually left a post on a previous subject but there was not much response. I was talking about supplying pickles to the local expats in need of a "fix".

I would like some thoughts first. It is not, for now at least, something that I feel would generate enough income to enable me to "give up the day job". It is something that I enjoy doing and any income would be a bonus.

For this reason I currently have no retail outlet. I would be thinking of doing it as a "home delivery" thing. This would obviously also need to be looked at with regard to customer location. I have very recently started to supply expats who are town residents. I would be more that happy to supply others out in the Amphers such as Prakonchai,Nang Rong, Lamplaimart or Grasang for example. Order sizes or delivery costs to be negotiated.

My best selling products of late are Branston"style" pickle and Picallili. I sell these at 70baht for a jar that is approx 350 grams. As a part time environmentalist this would go down to 60 baht a jar for further orders if empty jars were returned.

I have also supplied pies,pate,Indian curries, pickled shallots,cabbage and gerkins.

Believe it or not I have Thai customers buying marmarlade and penut butter from me.

Is there anything else anyone can think of that you crave for? Would you like the option of someone preparing and delivering you favourite stuff? Would this work?

All of my products are made from 100% natural ingredients with no preservatives or additives.

I also use ingredients obtained locally so I am sure my prices will be lower that imports or products sent from Bangkok or Pattaya.

Please give me your thoughts.

Steve has an email also <snip>

Edited by toptuan
Please read the forum rules. Posting emails or other personal contact information not allowed. Thank you.

I have tried pies by Steve and must say I find them to be excellent, being from the States I am not use to the meat pies. My wife and step-son really enjoys them as well.

I do believe they are best when heated in an oven for 30 minutes, for the price u can not beat them. :o

• 3 months later...

You must be talking about the pie I just had for my dinner they are the best pies I'v had in Thailand and the cheapest I'v tried the steak & kidney ' mince and onion and the chicken and ham hard to say which are the best coz they are all nice a lot better than the ones in persat bigger more filling and cheaper.

I actually left a post on a previous subject but there was not much response. I was talking about supplying pickles to the local expats in need of a "fix".

I would like some thoughts first. It is not, for now at least, something that I feel would generate enough income to enable me to "give up the day job". It is something that I enjoy doing and any income would be a bonus.

For this reason I currently have no retail outlet. I would be thinking of doing it as a "home delivery" thing. This would obviously also need to be looked at with regard to customer location. I have very recently started to supply expats who are town residents. I would be more that happy to supply others out in the Amphers such as Prakonchai,Nang Rong, Lamplaimart or Grasang for example. Order sizes or delivery costs to be negotiated.

My best selling products of late are Branston"style" pickle and Picallili. I sell these at 70baht for a jar that is approx 350 grams. As a part time environmentalist this would go down to 60 baht a jar for further orders if empty jars were returned.

I have also supplied pies,pate,Indian curries, pickled shallots,cabbage and gerkins.

Believe it or not I have Thai customers buying marmarlade and penut butter from me.

Is there anything else anyone can think of that you crave for? Would you like the option of someone preparing and delivering you favourite stuff? Would this work?

All of my products are made from 100% natural ingredients with no preservatives or additives.

I also use ingredients obtained locally so I am sure my prices will be lower that imports or products sent from Bangkok or Pattaya.

Please give me your thoughts.

Steve has an email also <snip>.

I am very interested. What baout delivery / outlets in the Ubon area

Edited by toptuan

Sounds great. Living in Chiang Mai & really fancy a true pie, not one of the pale imitations you get here. I am vising Buriram next week. Does Steve have a shop that I can buy from or do I have to phone? Will pack a cooler box in the car just for pies!!! :)

Edited by toptuan

As a matter of interest just how much are the pies?

It has been mentioned a couple of times how cheap they are but no-one has quoted a price yet.

I live in Korat but might just drive over to stock up if they are cheap enough.

HL :)

All his pies are 50bt each as are his Chicken Curries. His Piccallilli at 7obt is excellent. Goes well with nice crusty bread and a strong cheddar cheese.

Well worth the drive from Korat.

Give him a ring and arrange a meeting place for delivery. I always meet him outside buriram makro.

All his pies are 50bt each as are his Chicken Curries. His Piccallilli at 7obt is excellent. Goes well with nice crusty bread and a strong cheddar cheese.

Did Ken do the labeling for this product ? :)

Surely you mean piccalilli Sherlock, or did your keyboard develop a stutter ?

Edited by Chaimai

Did Ken do the labeling for this product ? :)

Surely you mean piccalilli Sherlock, or did your keyboard develop a stutter ?

My mistake Chaimai. It would seem that your spelling is the most widely used one. However if you google it, there are variations.

The Buriram Pieman is however selling Picallili which is no doubt the Thai variation. Whatever - thoroughly recommended.

My mistake Chaimai. It would seem that your spelling is the most widely used one. However if you google it, there are variations.

The Buriram Pieman is however selling Picallili which is no doubt the Thai variation. Whatever - thoroughly recommended.

The pies were also highly recommended by Rocky(Coffee Connection). He bought 12 to try on customers and ate 10 himself :):D:D

Dave

The pies were also highly recommended by Rocky(Coffee Connection). He bought 12 to try on customers and ate 10 himself :):D:D

Dave

That surely is the eating equivalent of drinking ones profits!

:) Much to my amazement i have found a Englishman who is making good quality Pies and the prices are very reasonable.He does several fillings all the favourites Steak'n Kidney Steak with most things also Chicken with most fillings also and the pies are full with meat.If you like pies these are just what you have been missing.Even better than those at Prasat

Based on the comments on this forum I ordered a batch of pies which I received on the bus yesterday.

Very tasty is the comment that comes immediatly to mind.

There is only one problem. Despite several reminders I have yet to be told how much I owe for the pies and delevery. :D

I can live with that problem, but I am sure Steve will soon put it to rights

Edited by toptuan

Sounds great. Living in Chiang Mai & really fancy a true pie, not one of the pale imitations you get here. I am vising Buriram next week. Does Steve have a shop that I can buy from or do I have to phone? Will pack a cooler box in the car just for pies!!! :)

Steve contacted me, I ordered pies & pickles and he delivered to the hotel that we were staying at in Buriram. We then high-tailed it back to CM & loaded our freezer, and now I eat one every day. So far have been very impressed with the quality & quantity of each pie, and the pickles are terrific - crunchy & tangy. I can see me arranging for regular deliveries by bus, as Steve suggested. A great 'find'!

Edited by toptuan

Dave

Yeah. But it took him 2 days to do it :D:D

Must congratulate Steve on his enterprize. I ordered pies and curries from him on my last visit. Top of the range.I soon ordered more. He delivered them free to my home,just outside of town,but I had to get rid of the empty beer bottles afterwards :) . Mai pen rai. Look foreward to my next visit in Dec,and the pies.Wishing you all the best Steve, Paul