Red-shirts Battle Blue-shirts In Pattaya

george

Red-shirts battle blue-shirts in Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- Red-shirted protesters armed with giant firecrackers, Molotov cocktails, sling shots and batons, battled with local people who formed a line to protect the venue of Asean +6 summit venue here Saturday morning.

The clash happened at 8:40 am.

The outnumbered blue-shirted local people was scattered and ran for cover when the red-shirted people attacked them.

Several explosion sounds of firecrackers were heard and the red-shirted people were seen as firing slingshots with bolts at the blue-shirted people who tried formed a line in front of the Royal Cliff Beach Resort Hotel.

The red-shirted people formed a line and kept advancing until the two sides stood confronting less than one metre apart and the clash broke out.

The red-shirted protesters were seen carrying Molotov cocktails but none had been thrown at the other side yet.

Terrified local residents closed their houses and many were seen weeping with fear.

So far, the security authorities had not step in to stop the clash yet.

-- The Nation 2009-04-11

"weeping with fear"

who are these cowardly residents ? or perhaps just another example of over dramatic reporting from the nation.

its just a protest, not a killing / torture mob.

weeping with fear, what a load of bull

GO REDS

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hammered!... are you seeing this for the first time in Thailand.... ? if so I got nothing say ... but then if you where here last year... have you seen YELLOW shits doing terribly dangerous protest all over Bangkok and in other provinces ... So what you see today is not even a friction of what yellows did last year...

You have completely missed the point. Completely. Just because the previous government didn't do their jobs in clamping down on the Yellow shirted demonstrators does not mean that the current government should also not do their job.

Sling shots with bolts and fire bombs... Pretty much shows me what I needed to see about red shirt protestors.

Sad yes... what was even more sad were the fellows on the hoke law wearing yellow shirts firing guns at opponents. See youTube...

The red-shirted protesters were seen carrying Molotov cocktails

-- The Nation 2009-04-11

and what happened to those seen carrying molotov cocktails and/or other weapons????? cnuts should be tossed in jail....and not just for the night, a sentence should be passed out to send a message. if it were up to me i would charge them with terrorism!!!!! fine protest, go ahead but showing up to a protest armed (regardless of the weapon) just shows the intention to do violence is there. dumb shits

and NO i don't support the yellows, i believe all protests that shut down roads, airports, become violent, etc.. are retarded!

May I remind you of several incidents of the PAD; the most blatant was the PAD GUARD going to the airport with supplies along with a fully loaded UZI (Stolen from Government House) on the front seat. As far as I know, he is not on jail either.

2 red-shirted protesters injured in Pattaya clash

PATTAYA: -- Two red-shirted protesters were injured during their battle with the blue-shirted demonstrators in front of the Royal Cliff Beach Resort Hotel Saturday morning.

At 9:34 am, the two sides sent representatives to negotiate and agreed to keep a distance between the two groups of demonstrators to avoid more clashes.

-- The Nation 2009-04-11

Enough is enough!! These people in red make me want to 'puke'. They have IQ's that can be counted on their fingers. When one backs a man who gives them 200 baht and promises them the ability to get government loans, THAT THEY MUST REPAY, you know they qualify for 'DIM-WIT' status. When there was controversy in the USA about the 2000 and 2004 general election, you DID NOT see the people who lost gathering in Washington D.C. and doing what these people in red are doing. Thailand is years off of being a Democratically run country, as greed and power are the only driving factors. Just think how selfish and stupid the previous PM was: 76 billion baht and not one baht DONATED to the good of the country: i.e. donations to schools; hosptials; environment; ad infinitum........if he had done this with no outside urging, he would still be PM. His days are numbered, but he doesn't get it still. Why don't his followers ever question how a policeman can become on of the richest men in the country........it sure wasn't by hard work......other elements were at work...don't kid yourself! I think it is now OK for the police and military to step in with VERY HEAVY HANDS!!!! To the reds: when you play with fire you will get burned....tum dii, die dii, tum chua, dii chua!!!!!

Lets face it, power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absoluty,,,

At least Taksin has the majority suppot, his government was voted in by the rural poor,, they are not a bunch of low IQ pesants. The yellow shirts took over govt power, and in doing so ruined Thailands image, and tourist industry, and millions of jobs, creating more rural poor. The only solution is dissolution of parliament and hold free and fair elections, and for all to allow that government to govern for its full term.

Stop insulting the people of this country and inciting more trouble by supporting military intervention using weapons on unarmed, relativly peaceful protesters

You have to draw a line on the disruption to the public that protests cause. Can they do it in a public park? Yeah! Can you just stay in the middle of the road and block traffic for months? NO! The Thai police and their lack of leadership have failed Thailand now that all groups can now just basically do whatever they want without fear of consequences.

100% accurate IMO dude!

now anyone with some financial backing and a thirst for power sees that not only do these massively disruptive protest go unpunished but they ACTUALLY GET RESULTS!!!!!

The ASEAN meeting in Hua Hin went without a hitch.

What is the problem with Pattaya??

The Royal Family stay in Hua Hin a good part of the year which means there is a lot of military security present. In Pattaya, you have to rely on the police who have shown themselves to be ineffectual when not armed with explosive gas canisters.

-- The Nation 2009-04-11

and what happened to those seen carrying molotov cocktails and/or other weapons????? cnuts should be tossed in jail....and not just for the night, a sentence should be passed out to send a message. if it were up to me i would charge them with terrorism!!!!! fine protest, go ahead but showing up to a protest armed (regardless of the weapon) just shows the intention to do violence is there. dumb shits

and NO i don't support the yellows, i believe all protests that shut down roads, airports, become violent, etc.. are retarded!

May I remind you of several incidents of the PAD; the most blatant was the PAD GUARD going to the airport with supplies along with a fully loaded UZI (Stolen from Government House) on the front seat. As far as I know, he is not on jail either.

Source??

Enough is enough!! These people in red make me want to 'puke'. They have IQ's that can be counted on their fingers. When one backs a man who gives them 200 baht and promises them the ability to get government loans, THAT THEY MUST REPAY, you know they qualify for 'DIM-WIT' status. When there was controversy in the USA about the 2000 and 2004 general election, you DID NOT see the people who lost gathering in Washington D.C. and doing what these people in red are doing. Thailand is years off of being a Democratically run country, as greed and power are the only driving factors. Just think how selfish and stupid the previous PM was: 76 billion baht and not one baht DONATED to the good of the country: i.e. donations to schools; hosptials; environment; ad infinitum........if he had done this with no outside urging, he would still be PM. His days are numbered, but he doesn't get it still. Why don't his followers ever question how a policeman can become on of the richest men in the country........it sure wasn't by hard work......other elements were at work...don't kid yourself! I think it is now OK for the police and military to step in with VERY HEAVY HANDS!!!! To the reds: when you play with fire you will get burned....tum dii, die dii, tum chua, dii chua!!!!!

I don't bother to post much in these emotionally charged political threads. But this is about as clear a summary of the current situation I have seen. Here, here!! Well done. :D:o:D:D

I've been here just under 3 years. They have had 5 PM's Time to grow the <deleted> up.

Edited by Reimar
change color to black

Red-shirts battle blue-shirts in Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- Red-shirted protesters armed with giant firecrackers, Molotov cocktails, sling shots and batons, battled with local people who formed a line to protect the venue of Asean +6 summit venue here Saturday morning.

The clash happened at 8:40 am.

The outnumbered blue-shirted local people was scattered and ran for cover when the red-shirted people attacked them.

Several explosion sounds of firecrackers were heard and the red-shirted people were seen as firing slingshots with bolts at the blue-shirted people who tried formed a line in front of the Royal Cliff Beach Resort Hotel.

The red-shirted people formed a line and kept advancing until the two sides stood confronting less than one metre apart and the clash broke out.

The red-shirted protesters were seen carrying Molotov cocktails but none had been thrown at the other side yet.

Terrified local residents closed their houses and many were seen weeping with fear.

So far, the security authorities had not step in to stop the clash yet.

-- The Nation 2009-04-11

"weeping with fear"

who are these cowardly residents ? or perhaps just another example of over dramatic reporting from the nation.

its just a protest, not a killing / torture mob.

weeping with fear, what a load of bull

GO REDS

It's just dramatic reporting.

The protests are going on right outside my apartment. No one is "weeping with fear". Most residents are interested spectators.

GO REDS!

Sling shots with bolts and fire bombs... Pretty much shows me what I needed to see about red shirt protestors.

You obviously didn't follow the tv and articles about the yellowshirts with guns shown on tv firing at people, or are you one of the baying mob on here kissing the arse of the incumbent government,it appears from a lot of posters here that it was perfectly ok for the yellows to do what they wanted but not for the reds,hypocrites the lot of them, espousing about democracy my arse your just a baying mob most of you and a lot just getting on the bandwagon.

I'm with you. The TV footage hasn't shown any weapons, and the leaders seem to have managed to prevent most clashes. A few hot-heads have managed to cause disturbances, but note the Red Shirts don't have a private army (the Srivaya Warriors of the PAD) armed with guns, truncheons, spears, and knives to keep people in line.

As for this report, since it appeared only in the Nation I am very skeptical of its truth. The Nation is in the bag for Sondhi and PAD. Yoon has no shame in distorting facts in his editorials.

Who made the stupid decision to hold a summit in Pattaya which is a holiday town , not <deleted> Afghanistan?!

I live in Pattaya at a place where I am in the midst of the red shirts; their leaders with the loudspeakers sound crazy and judging by the number of red shirts carrying poles and other weapons they are all set for a fight.

Sad yes... what was even more sad were the fellows on the hoke law wearing yellow shirts firing guns at opponents. See youTube...

do you mean this clip when the yellow shirt mob fired guns and using baseball bats ?

first 10 seconds

Talk about losing face!!!!!

I have never seen such a pathetic police force in my life.If i was thai i would be so embarrased to see those cowards running away from the protesters.The thai police have looked like a bunch of kids on tv with no idea how to do their job.

SMALL MINDS,SMALL BALLS.

-- The Nation 2009-04-11

when i comment on a wrong doing against a red or yellow or whatever doesn't mean that i automatically support the others not mentioned. what the yellows did was truly pathetic....what the reds are now trying to achieve is equally as pathetic.

huge numbers being assembles with the intention of causing massive disruption to the city and it's citizens is unacceptable...throw in violence and it becomes pathetic and mindless.

i would also bet that more than a few who were at the airport wearing yellow are now wearing red...collecting from both ends. political beliefs don't mean a thing when people are being paid to attend. supporting 1 side over another in this case is extremely naive

You obviously didn't follow the tv and articles about the yellowshirts with guns shown on tv firing at people, or are you one of the baying mob on here kissing the arse of the incumbent government,it appears from a lot of posters here that it was perfectly ok for the yellows to do what they wanted but not for the reds,hypocrites the lot of them, espousing about democracy my arse your just a baying mob most of you and a lot just getting on the bandwagon.

When the yellow shirts took over the airport, somebody asked me if I was pro Red or Pro Yellow, I said I was Blue. dam_n, now I need to buy a new shirt. Is there a green group, how about Purple?

I am wearing orange right now, but I guess I'll have to change that as well.

It might not have happened in the USA but it certainly happened here when the yellow shirts lost, take off your rose coloured specs, and Thaksin without a doubt financed the reds so who do YOU think financed the yellows, and one things for sure the reds are no more cretinus than the yellows, and I do not support either.

The yellows financed themself. Every time my wife went there she gave 2-4000 Baht. My staff always gave 50-200 Baht. I know a lot wealthy people who always donated relative large amounts.

" know a lot wealthy people who always donated relative large amounts." Yeah, like Charoen Pakhpoond Conglomerate, Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn Bank, and the "bankrupt" Manager Group. Not to mention anonymous Army personnel providing logistics support. :o

Edited by Reimar
change color to black

pattaya was picked in part to promote a different image from the drugs, sex, daily murders.

I say well done guys as you have certainly cemented peoples image of pattaya

Such a pity that the delegates and their entourage are barricaded in their resort...... or are the touts still wandering around - Massage? Want nice lady? Jewelry shop?

Please take extra care when using the balcony, sir.

The protests are going on right outside my apartment. No one is "weeping with fear". Most residents are interested spectators.

GO REDS!

Since you are on the spot as it were, are you able to confirm that molotov cocktails are being carried - I assume if they are inducing weeping they must be fairly obvious/blatant however I cannot understand why there are no pictures yet bearing in mind that the Nation reported them as being seen and the heavy presence of the press.

Penguin says:

I think you should really what Taksin has done for the poor people and helped kid's education, he helped this country with his money 76 billion baht.. done more any gorvernment in the history that's why they love them and this gorvernment cut all thise budgets just because of they hate Taksin to reduced their benifits down because unneccessary to have, so made them angry and turned out to take over them with nasty ways.

Just resign, this PM has no brain.. he is a puphet sting by the gay military leader who just lucky to be a top advisor that has ruined Thai democracy over the dacades.

Thaksin did do a lot for the poor people - he gave them money to buy their votes in the form of direct vote buying, giving them loans they could never pay back - most of which was not used to build business but to buy luxuries and pleasure - Thaksin planned to wipe the loans clear - effectively making them gifts. Unfortunately Penguin he did not use his own money - he used the people's money coming from taxes etc. NOT his money. He did improve education for the poor and improve healthcare - he did a lot of good things but it is not helpful to blind yourself from the bad things he did. You cannot present yourself for democracy when you pay the electorate - mostly ill educated and rather short minded - to get elected using someone elses money.

Abhisit is proving to be a far more competant and trustworthy leader than the last three prime ministers. He isn't perfect and needs support from the people to try to rescue Thailand which is rapidly going down the drain which is very sad for all of the people living here. No-one wants that be they red shirts, yellow shirts or regular people nor the expat community.

Thailand needs time to settle rest and recouperate and it will play out badly if the protestors on both sides carry on this idiocy. They are both in the wrong for using violence. When Thailand ceases to be a country run by corruption, violence and xenophobia, maybe some progress will be made. Oh for some people of principle and honour in government - that applies worldwide these days - it wasn't always that way!

Hammered!... are you seeing this for the first time in Thailand.... ? if so I got nothing say ... but then if you where here last year... have you seen YELLOW shits doing terribly dangerous protest all over Bangkok and in other provinces ... So what you see today is not even a friction of what yellows did last year...

posted by "drunken" :o

Well here we go again. More trouble in politics.

I would like to remind everyone that many revolutions started the same way Red =VS= yellow, north =VS= South, elite =VS= rual poor and so on. :D

This is no different. I do not have a strong opinion for either side here in Thailand, both seem to have some valid points to ponder and discuss.

The real problem here is that each side feels that they are more deserving than the other, and say they will not yeild. Seems the same sillness is in the far south with those who want seperation. :D

Sorry there is violence but it was bound to happen when you have a police force and military force that are hamstrung with inaction for what ever reason you want to believe.

:o