Do You Clean Yourself With Water After You Go To The Toilet?

Dont Panic

Do you spray?  

194 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For me it goes by the name ‘arse blaster’ but for most it’s that hose pipe by the side of the toilet. I know a fair few expats who scoff at the idea of using one – and back in the UK it is practically a laughing matter, as if using water to clean yourself is something that only a savage would do. I will be relocating back to the UK soon with the family and on arrival I will be installing hoses in every bathroom in my house.

So the question is – to hose or not to hose?

Edited by sbk
crude topic title edited

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it goes by the name ‘arse blaster’ but for most it’s that hose pipe by the side of the toilet. I know a fair few expats who scoff at the idea of using one – and back in the UK it is practically a laughing matter, as if using water to clean yourself is something that only a savage would do. I will be relocating back to the UK soon with the family and on arrival I will be installing hoses in every bathroom in my house.

I love the bum gun i intalled one in my home in the UK no one would use it except me and my mates who had also been to Thailand.

smearing your dirt all over your bottom is horrid... and should be left in civilised European countries

Nothing like a squirt to dig some mud out of your eye :o

There's nothing quite like the soothing flow of the bum gun once you've finished the sports pages..It surely is an invention of the Gods.

Personally, I prefer the new Bidet's that are being rolled-out world wide. Not only do they come with a remote control to adjust pressure level and type, you can programme it to run your home theatre.

I certainly use it in Thailand The Cold water here is far from Cold

I do hope you are going to install A water heater in Line.

OMG The thought of a blast in the UK Winter

it's Tissue in the Uk for me and Clean with warm water soap and Tissue.

There's nothing quite like the soothing flow of the bum gun once you've finished the sports pages..It surely is an invention of the Gods.

Personally, I prefer the new Bidet's that are being rolled-out world wide. Not only do they come with a remote control to adjust pressure level and type, you can programme it to run your home theatre.

so dedicated to the bum gun that when i go back home i find myself doing handstands in showers in a bid to get clean.

you might wanna get your water hoses heated. all well and good in tropical climates but the thought of an icy blast of almost freezing water in cooler climates is not appealing

hmmm 4 degree celcius water maybe 3 degree, in the cool toilet room.....

brrrrr

I have to agree with this. I also believe that it is hygenically superior to using just paper. Excellent bit of colonic irrigation.

The higher the pressure, the better :o

I love my Bum Spray. When i first moved to Thailand I thought the spray was to clean the toillet after use, until a Thai told me what it was for. Now I cant live without one. When I visit the UK I have to take a jug of water into the Toilet with me. They do wonders for the Piles :o

For me it goes by the name 'arse blaster' but for most it's that hose pipe by the side of the toilet. I know a fair few expats who scoff at the idea of using one – and back in the UK it is practically a laughing matter, as if using water to clean yourself is something that only a savage would do. I will be relocating back to the UK soon with the family and on arrival I will be installing hoses in every bathroom in my house.

Then you will for sure freeze your arse off.....That's unless you have heated floor in your bathroom

Water usage at home has become very expensive.

To save money, I never clean myself at home. But once a week use the local public swimming pool. Only 20 baht.

Or better still, I find the towels in the toilets at Tesco Lotus very useful.

If I haven’t been out for some time, my neighbour lets me borrow his sand blaster.

Edited by sassienie

For years, I only used to use that spray unit beside the toilet for cleaning the bathroom until I heard some guys talking about the merits of using one after doing there business on the throne, so I gave it a try one day. Now, I can't imaging going back to using only TP. If I end up back in my home country again, I will certainly have to have something like that installed, but as others have mentioned, something has to be done to warm up the water in winter. I don't think I'd enjoy an icy blast of water.

I am genuinely confused how other people use the hose:

"Spray then dry yourself with tissue" ??!!

If I use tissue, I tissue first then spray afterward.

It sounds like a lot of people on this thread use it whilst sitting on the toilet- for me that's unthinkable- for one, it will get my entire backside wet, and two, the position of the legs while on the toilet doesn't really allow the water to get that far into the a$s.

For me, toileting in thailand or asia is a complex affair . Once I finish, I squat all the way down on the shower floor like a rural thai and then spray thoroughly with the hose AND use soap. Furthermore, I occasionally put my finger 'inside' a little bit (gross, I know), to get the residual feces that normally wood ooze out had I not done so (gross, I know). I then have to dry myself with a towel and put all my clothes back on. In short, I only defecate at home.

Edited by Svenn

oh, i also recommend shaving the entire a$s crack as well, completely. those hairs are completely useless and unhygienic, and for me at least there's no pain or scratchiness when they begin to grow back (actually there is the first couple times, but not anymore).

Japanese technology superior to anything on earth. As Japan has very sophisticated bum gun integrated in toilet seat as shown in previous post.

I like Japanese toilet seat, second is Thai bum gun, Many European country's have disgusting toilet culture.

:o

post-21826-1240560162_thumb.jpg

1st guy: What do you clean your tp teeth with?

2nd guy: Toothbrush and toothpaste.

1st guy: What do you lean your bottom with?

2nd guy: Toothbrush and toothpaste.

1st guy: Gee, I use toilet tissue.

Personally, in NZ or LoS, I have a shower, only takes a min or two.

Hot or cold, no big deal.

I love the bum gun i intalled one in my home in the UK no one would use it except me and my mates who had also been to Thailand.

I believe its illegal in the UK if its connected directly to the mains

The plumber who fitted my units in UK insisted that each one had its individual nonreturn valve and additionally an individual manually operated stopcock closest to the supply. He seemed highly knowledgeable and also very keen to conform to statutory requirements and so I expect he got it right, although I would not know where to look to find the definitive regulations. I think that the rationale probably is that the manually operated stopcock counts as a cold water tap with everything that follows is merely an extension.

When in Thailand, or elsewhere suitably civilised, I wash with the bum gun and drip dry-ish. I would dry with the toilet tissue but it would upset the guests to see me hobbling to the dining table with my pants around my ankles. :D

:o:D :D :D