On-line Immigration Services

E-Application project is one of the Online Immigration Service ( O.I.S. ) for which Immigration Bureau gave approval to Bangkok Immigvation Division to operate. The objectives of this project is to develop high level of service and provide convenient service to foreigners by-using Information Technology System.

By the O.IS. , foreigners are able to fill up application forms ( cg.Visa extension ) as pre-application through Internet. ( Open the website and clickat OIS Icon.) The concerning officevs will check the details and requirements of the sendevs ‘ applications,then make appointment time for the applicants to submit all requived documents at the Special Channel / Fast Track provided for this special convenient service without queuing up. E-Application Service is now available for interested applicants at http:/ / bangkok.immigration.go.th

E-Application Project offically commenced today is just the phase 1 Operation. The next step of Online Immigration Service ( OIS ) system to be operated in the future is online payment of application fee that would be more conuenient to foreigners Immigration Bureau anticipates that E – application project would deveiope the organization and improve our service in to the high level of International Standard Service.

ois1.jpg

Submitted an application

This is part of a new website that Bangkok immigration is developing. I looked through it the other day and if you click the OIS link ( http://www.bangkok-immigration.com/eApplic...tionerLogin.jsp? ) you can get to the point of registering for the service. I ddn't do the registration because I suspect it will be only for Bangkok residents.

The website still is mostly in Thai. But looking around it seems there has been a change in doing online re-entry permits and there is window outside you can use to pick them up.

CWMcMurray Has anyone else tried to register?

Yes, I just registered and after filling out the information it told me to go back and log in

The application had a drop down for your province and Chonburi (mine) was there so I assume that this will be Thailand wide

After you log in it opens up to this page and you can perform these three types of transactions

Eapplication.png

Since I did not need any of these I stopped after looking at the forms to be filled out but they appear to be just forms and you will still have to print them

out and present them in person, based upon these two screen shots of the only instructions on the web site

At the top of the form

applicationfirst.png

At the bottom of the form

Applicationsecond.png

Looks promising. Lets hope so, as extending my wife's visa with 2 kids in tow is quite a pain!

Anyway, with the online stuff, the government do have a fairly good track record.

- Doing a tax return online is a piece of pie.

- Applications for Thai passports are a breeze. I don't joke, probably the best in the world.

- Those with ID cards, and or ID numbers (ie foreigners with yellow tabieen baans) will find that drivers license renwal etc is easier and less hassel as you are 'in the system'.

I still don't put it pass immigration to stuff it up (they can always take a leaf out of the UK's book and their offices in Croydon) but with three precedents, you never know!

Looks promising. Lets hope so, as extending my wife's visa with 2 kids in tow is quite a pain!

I agree it looks promising, we still may have to go in but if the below is true it could be a whole lot easier.

Could you imagine if you could fill out all of the needed forms and submit electronically. They could then come back with a reply with the exact supporting docs needed and appointment time.

You go in at your appointment time and since you have an email with the exact supporting info needed for your extension no worries about bringing in the same thing as last year and finding out that this year they want something else. If they ask for something else you just politely show the email from their colleague stating exactly what you need to bring.

Who knows... it could happen.

...foreigners are able to fill up application forms ( cg.Visa extension ) as pre-application through Internet. ( Open the website and clickat OIS Icon.) The concerning officers will check the details and requirements of the senders ‘ applications,then make appointment time for the applicants to submit all required documents at the Special Channel / Fast Track provided for this special convenient service without queuing up...

Also I think 90 day reports could be done electronically... customs doesn't actually need to do anything with your passport and even with the present system they do not need to see the actual person. So this is something that can very easily be done on line.

I think this looks really promising and I am definitely signing up.

Just registered and this worked OK.

Now I want to apply for a "Visa Extension" (should read "permit to stay extension") based on Thai spouse using the bank deposite route as I have been using for the past 10 years.

Since my current extension is due for renewal on 07.05.09 I plan to go on either 30.04.09 or 01.05.09

The online application form has one item "Attached documents" apperently to be uploaded.

Does anybody know what file formats to use and if I have to send all documents we usually submit on application day?

Yes I can upload all required documents but that would be MANY pages! Do they really want to have ALL documents uploaded?

opalhort

Just tried to file an online application for extension of stay and when I got to select the appointment date I was told that I have to file the application online at least 15 days in advance! Which of course would be well after my current expiry date.

So it is a no-go for this year (will still have to do it the old-fashioned way by waiting for hours at Suan Plu) but hopefully it'll work for the next year.

opalhort

Edited by opalhort

I think I will give it a try the next month.

My current extension is up on June 26th, so I should have plenty of time to try the process out. I would like to see if I can use it to submit my application for extension and if I can get an appointment and make it through the "expedited process".

Went down to get a re-entry permit today for the wife. Applied online via the existing system (fill in form, send to them via email a day in advance).

Went down today, rang the doorbell. They took the passport and cash, and offered for us to wait inside.

5 mins later, all done. Was returned to us before others who had just arrived and were waiting in the automatic queue system. That is, those waiting to simply submit their application.

Went down to get a re-entry permit today for the wife. Applied online via the existing system (fill in form, send to them via email a day in advance).

Went down today, rang the doorbell. They took the passport and cash, and offered for us to wait inside.

5 mins later, all done. Was returned to us before others who had just arrived and were waiting in the automatic queue system. That is, those waiting to simply submit their application.

Sounds like the re-entry permit is is back up and running. I am also very interested in how well the visa extension system ends up working.

I would imagine that many people may actually be pleasantly surprised. I would guess that if the volumes are relatively low things may work very well with the new system. Once things get up and running and the volume of people trying to use the system increase their may be some bugs to work out.

I will be interested in hearing from 'jamesjdaly' if they get back with him within a coupleof days.

Sounds like the re-entry permit is is back up and running. I am also very interested in how well the visa extension system ends up working.

I would imagine that many people may actually be pleasantly surprised. I would guess that if the volumes are relatively low things may work very well with the new system. Once things get up and running and the volume of people trying to use the system increase their may be some bugs to work out.

I will be interested in hearing from 'jamesjdaly' if they get back with him within a coupleof days.

If it is being designed by the people who put together the Thai passport application process, I think we may be very pleasantly surprised. I suspect they may have a hand in all of this, given that they are moving out to Chaeng Wattana next to the PP aplplication centre.

I mean, they are already running a database which services 60-odd million people, so they aren't re-inventing the wheel totally here.

I suspect the online system will work for Bangkok like the e-entry permit does.

But for those like me that don't live in Bangkok or one of the larger tourist areas I can't see it ever working.

ah yes, you'll be part of the (mythical?) phase II.

Well I registered today... once I have copies of all the docs needed for my extension I will go ahead and submit the application on-line and see how it goes.

Only concern after taking my first glance at the application page is that under "reason for application",all choices are in Thai except for "test". So I am guessing this could lead to some problems with the system.

• 1 month later...
Only concern after taking my first glance at the application page is that under "reason for application",all choices are in Thai except for "test". So I am guessing this could lead to some problems with the system.

I am trying to apply for an extension online, but they still have not translated the "Reason for Application" drop down menu items. Is there anyone out there who has? "Test" is still the only one in English, but you get a pop-up menu when selecting it that is also completely in Thai.

Thanks!