Which Garage Do You Recommend ?

PXR5

Hi everybody. I am new to thaivisa, but not new to Thailand.

I own a ISUZU pick-up (20 years old), in good condition.

The other day, my starter broke down, and I had to be towed to a garage on Sukhumvit road.

Price for the starter was : 7.000 Baht, including labor .... most expensive as I thought ! :o

Which garage would you recommend for the future ?

Low cost and good work !

Thanks a lot.

any backstreet garage away from the city

drive down onut towards lat kabang , choose one on the side of the road, the starter motor brand new will be around the same as wherever your from back home, car parts are the same price here, labour is cheaper, expect to pay 500bht or to have it fitted.

So your high price is probaly justified, what was the labour or service charge?

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I knew. I purchased a Suzuki Caribean (sp?) with 40K miles was working fine UNTIL I took it for a tune up. I must have over 15,000.00 in repairs now and it still is not dependable. One thing they (Check Point on Petchburi near Thonglor) did was replace the timing belt when ALL I aske was a tune up and check the "timing."

If I knew where to buy parts I'd do my own work. At least I would understand what the he-l is happening to my car.

Any help suggestions are greatly appreciated. Oh and pls don't suggest taking it to the Suzuki Dealer on Sukhumvit - did that and again needed it towed back to get "re fixed." ???? I could go on but this story is so ??? bizarre that even I find it difficult to believe. Only in Thailand eh?

K