Heavy Rain

www.windguru.com for Samui is forecasting 103.5mm of rain on Monday morning, that is a lot of water!

Funny thing is, liitle wind and low wave height. Windguru is not always accurate on the times but usually reliable

over a 24 hour period.

I am not sure how well this site works , but is an interactive web world weather map

http://imapweather.com/content-map-add/location

I tried it but it doesn't seem to be terribly useful in building up a forecast picture. (Perhaps it's my own ineptitude).

I think that using Windguru and nearer the time required, comparing it with "Buoyweather" you get a good 60% chance of getting it right.

Gator and Poorsucker

Given the pleasure you seem to get out of blogging Dog/Toad interfaces, maybe I can share with you my experience of the subject.

The dog who lives at High Life resort, Haad Yao took great joy in coming to my bungalow veranda most nights during my recent stay, presumably to check on the height of my pile of empty beer bottles and the emptiness of any food wrappers in my bin, as well as to receive a friendly chuckle from me. During a particularly wet spell in March, several nights running I would hear a definite toad noise coming from his mouth during his visit.

For a while, I thought I was going troppo or I'd better cut back on the Chang, as a big dog like that should not be saying "rivet, rivet". But one night my wife noticed he would never let us get near his mouth for a closer look and proclaimed that he must be a toad sucker - on hearing this news I opened a new Chang, cancelled my appointment at the troppo therapy pyramid and resumed my holiday. That's my dog/toad contribution, sorry to get off-topic.

I'll check back here to see any news of how windguru did after the weekend, since I am a Brit and am therefore obsessed by any talk about the weather.

Don't forget your poncho...

Ady! :o

Gator and Poorsucker

Given the pleasure you seem to get out of blogging Dog/Toad interfaces, maybe I can share with you my experience of the subject.

The dog who lives at High Life resort, Haad Yao took great joy in coming to my bungalow veranda most nights during my recent stay, presumably to check on the height of my pile of empty beer bottles and the emptiness of any food wrappers in my bin, as well as to receive a friendly chuckle from me. During a particularly wet spell in March, several nights running I would hear a definite toad noise coming from his mouth during his visit.

For a while, I thought I was going troppo or I'd better cut back on the Chang, as a big dog like that should not be saying "rivet, rivet". But one night my wife noticed he would never let us get near his mouth for a closer look and proclaimed that he must be a toad sucker - on hearing this news I opened a new Chang, cancelled my appointment at the troppo therapy pyramid and resumed my holiday. That's my dog/toad contribution, sorry to get off-topic.

I'll check back here to see any news of how windguru did after the weekend, since I am a Brit and am therefore obsessed by any talk about the weather.

Don't forget your poncho...

Ady! :D

This Morning, Windguru totally revised their forecast and the heavy rain for Monday has miraculously disappeared!

Not sure if the Mods will allow the off topic discussion re Canines and Toads to continue here but it does seem as if there is a genuine

problem regarding the sucking and snorting of these amphibs. Perhaps it could lead to long term behavioural probs and a dependency issue. :o

Gator