If Al Gore Is Right And Temps Increase By 5 Degrees

jaideeguy

Assuming that Al Gore's warnings and predictions of global warming are correct, there are more and more respected scientists saying that IT is true and that IT IS too late already...... even if we could stop emitting those nasties into the atmosphere immediately, IT IS COMMING and some say as soon as 15 yrs!!

So, when it comes and LOS heats up 4 or 5 more degrees to 45 degrees, could/would you stay and endure it or head for the hills?? or North??

I guess the tourist industry would finally crumble to this blow.....who would want to fly all the way here, just to stay in an aircon hotel or get heat stroke??

Real-estate along with it...who would buy here??

How would it affect the agriculture industry?? Rice maybe could survive if LOS doesn't become a dustbowl [as some are predicting].

I, for one would head for the hills or north, as I am finding temps in the high 30's too much to feel comfortable.

I don't want to be accused of spreading gloom and doom, so spare me the accusations and please constructively share your thoughts on this matter.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming that Al Gore's warnings and predictions of global warming are correct, there are more and more respected scientists saying that IT is true and that IT IS too late already...... even if we could stop emitting those nasties into the atmosphere immediately, IT IS COMMING and some say as soon as 15 yrs!!

So, when it comes and LOS heats up 4 or 5 more degrees to 45 degrees, could/would you stay and endure it or head for the hills?? or North??

I guess the tourist industry would finally crumble to this blow.....who would want to fly all the way here, just to stay in an aircon hotel or get heat stroke??

How would it affect the agriculture industry?? Rice maybe could survive if LOS doesn't become a dustbowl [as some are predicting].

I, for one would head for the hills or north, as I am finding temps in the high 30's too much to feel comfortable.

I don't want to be accused of spreading gloom and doom, so spare me the accusations and please constructively share your thoughts on this matter.

Now More Than 700 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims - US SENATE

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?Fus...F0-274616DB87E6

A few quotes from the report:

“I am a skeptic…Global warming has become a new religion.” - Nobel Prize Winner for Physics, Ivar Giaever.

“Since I am no longer affiliated with any organization nor receiving any funding, I can speak quite frankly….As a scientist I remain skeptical.” - Atmospheric Scientist Dr. Joanne Simpson, the first woman in the world to receive a PhD in meteorology and formerly of NASA who has authored more than 190 studies and has been called “among the most preeminent scientists of the last 100 years.”

Warming fears are the “worst scientific scandal in the history…When people come to know what the truth is, they will feel deceived by science and scientists.” - UN IPCC Japanese Scientist Dr. Kiminori Itoh, an award-winning PhD environmental physical chemist.

“The IPCC has actually become a closed circuit; it doesn’t listen to others. It doesn’t have open minds… I am really amazed that the Nobel Peace Prize has been given on scientifically incorrect conclusions by people who are not geologists,” - Indian geologist Dr. Arun D. Ahluwalia at Punjab University and a board member of the UN-supported International Year of the Planet.

“The models and forecasts of the UN IPCC "are incorrect because they only are based on mathematical models and presented results at scenarios that do not include, for example, solar activity.” - Victor Manuel Velasco Herrera, a researcher at the Institute of Geophysics of the National Autonomous University of Mexico

“It is a blatant lie put forth in the media that makes it seem there is only a fringe of scientists who don’t buy into anthropogenic global warming.” - U.S Government Atmospheric Scientist Stanley B. Goldenberg of the Hurricane Research Division of NOAA.

“Even doubling or tripling the amount of carbon dioxide will virtually have little impact, as water vapour and water condensed on particles as clouds dominate the worldwide scene and always will.” – . Geoffrey G. Duffy, a professor in the Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering of the University of Auckland, NZ.

“After reading [uN IPCC chairman] Pachauri's asinine comment [comparing skeptics to] Flat Earthers, it's hard to remain quiet.” - Climate statistician Dr. William M. Briggs, who specializes in the statistics of forecast evaluation, serves on the American Meteorological Society's Probability and Statistics Committee and is an Associate Editor of Monthly Weather Review.

“For how many years must the planet cool before we begin to understand that the planet is not warming? For how many years must cooling go on?" - Geologist Dr. David Gee the chairman of the science committee of the 2008 International Geological Congress who has authored 130 plus peer reviewed papers, and is currently at Uppsala University in Sweden.

“Gore prompted me to start delving into the science again and I quickly found myself solidly in the skeptic camp…Climate models can at best be useful for explaining climate changes after the fact.” - Meteorologist Hajo Smit of Holland, who reversed his belief in man-made warming to become a skeptic, is a former member of the Dutch UN IPCC committee.

“Many [scientists] are now searching for a way to back out quietly (from promoting warming fears), without having their professional careers ruined.” - Atmospheric physicist James A. Peden, formerly of the Space Research and Coordination Center in Pittsburgh.

“Creating an ideology pegged to carbon dioxide is a dangerous nonsense…The present alarm on climate change is an instrument of social control, a pretext for major businesses and political battle. It became an ideology, which is concerning.” - Environmental Scientist Professor Delgado Domingos of Portugal, the founder of the Numerical Weather Forecast group, has more than 150 published articles.

“CO2 emissions make absolutely no difference one way or another….Every scientist knows this, but it doesn’t pay to say so…Global warming, as a political vehicle, keeps Europeans in the driver’s seat and developing nations walking barefoot.” - Dr. Takeda Kunihiko, vice-chancellor of the Institute of Science and Technology Research at Chubu University in Japan.

“The [global warming] scaremongering has its justification in the fact that it is something that generates funds.” - Award-winning Paleontologist Dr. Eduardo Tonni, of the Committee for Scientific Research in Buenos Aires and head of the Paleontology Department at the University of La Plata. # #

More ice cubes in my beer :)

5 degrees in 15 years ! yeah right and come back then and tell me the next guess from the experts !

Lets get one thing straight.

Al Gore is a COMMUNICATOR, not a scientist.

However, he speaks and communicates a MAINSTREAM message accepted by the vast majority of MAINSTREAM scientists.

Are scientists always right? No.

But whether you like Al Gore or not, or think he is a buffoon, or not, makes not one bit of difference about the validity of the global warming situation. Please try to separate emotion and politics from reality. Thank you.

Edited by Jingthing

Is that an order?

A suggestion?

What if the mere mention of the name Al Gore sends me into nauseous wretching fits? Should I try to be unemotional and maintain a level keel because this is a quasi-serious/scientific thread?

However, he speaks and communicates a MAINSTREAM message accepted by the vast majority of MAINSTREAM scientists.

But whether you like Al Gore or not, or think he is a buffoon, or not, makes not one bit of difference about the validity of the global warming situation. Please try to separate emotion and politics from reality. Thank you.

Read the US Senate report and you will realize that Al Gore does NOT communicate a message that is accepted by the vast majority of mainstream scientists. T

Read the US Senate report and you will realize that Al Gore does NOT communicate a message that is accepted by the vast majority of mainstream scientists.

Rather than take your word for that, can you supply a source that summarizes the differences between these views?

Ill make it simple, let s assume he's talking out of his ar*e it makes so much more sense.

Al Gore is great at half truths ,his book is a load of old b/llocks full of graphs and charts that only tell you half the story.

still its made him rich.

I think Al Gore is trying to sell more books.I heard that his monthly electricity bill is the same as 300 Indians or so..Nobody can say if the global warming theories are valid or not,simple as that.

No he is just a greedy person making money.

All his speeches are protected. Distributing even parts of it is illegal and his lawers are like rotweiler.

If he would have interest in that issue he would be happy if his informations go arround.

There might be a global warming, but if there is none Al Gore would invented on to make money.

Al Gore is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Either global warming is real and it is a threat to the planet, or it is not. I don't understand the obsession on him, pro or con, except about the fact that the presidency was stolen from him in 2000. (No, I will never let that one go, neener, neener, neener.)

Edited by Jingthing

Al Gore is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Either global warming is real and it is a threat to the planet, or it is not. I don't understand the obsession on him, pro or con, except about the fact that the presidency was stolen from him in 2000. (No, I will never let that one go, neener, neener, neener.)

to be honest ,its a natural occurance and i believe they dont really know what will happen,as with all these govt scares ,mad cow ,bird flu ,swine flu .20 years ago aids was going to kill us all ,remember the ads? 10/15 years ago a new ice age was coming oh remember the hole in the ozone ,that got smaller !!!!

still it makes for nice tax hikes ,the govt of fear.

Global warming is total BOLLO%^s

Have you not noticed they stopped calling it that when somebody pointed out to these eco idiots that the temprture had not risen 1 degree in the last decade ? Its now called climate change. That means when the temp goes down its due to man when it goes up its due to man. CO2 has been turned into a poison / pollutant. Without CO2 there would be NO LIFE on this planet.

Over 70,000 PROPER scientists have signed a petition saying that man amd CO2 has nothing to do with climate change!

Al Gore has made over 15 million dollars from carbon credits! He still flys round the world in his private jet telling us not to do this or that! The man is a hypocrite of the biggest order.

The world has been warming and cooling since time began. Man has nothing to do with things.

This whole thing is all about control. Control of you and me! Governments love this. They can tell you and me what we can do and how we can travel and they can also tax they people to the max all in the name of saving the planet!

This will eventually be exposed as the biggest con ever by the scientific community !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and he lost the presedency as he was a total wa$%er!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a lot of people in the enviro-industry, Al Gore is just one of them. High profile, but still part of the enviro-industry.

The message.....well there has to be a little truth in it. But you can't blame future happenings entirely on the human race. Natural occurrences in the past indicate to us the future can be just as tumultuous through natural occurrences.

My view is there are far to many humans to feed and one way or another we have to cull the herd. Not a subject people like to discuss, but we will have to start talking about it sooner rather than later.

When climatologists say the earth will increase 5 degrees, they mean ON AVERAGE not uniformly across all locales. You can find maps of it somewhere, but my guess is that Thailand won't get any hotter- it will just get wetter or dryer, maybe even cooler. There are limits humidity/heat ratios and tropical saunas like Thailand have been at the limit for centuries.

Anyway, if I'm wrong, I would actually head to the highest mountain areas in the far south, NOT the north- it's too rainy up there and it can get very hot on clear days in the dry season. The south has fairly uniform temperatures year round and cooling winds.

Whether Al Gore and others are right or not about global warming/climate change, the fact is ...........WE ARE TRASHING THIS PLANET and the air that surrounds us!!!

And up here in Chiang Mai, it does seem to be getting hotter and drier over the last decade that I've been here.

Would like to see some figures on temp and rainfall over the last decade or more!!

Whether Al Gore and others are right or not about global warming/climate change, the fact is ...........WE ARE TRASHING THIS PLANET and the air that surrounds us!!!

And up here in Chiang Mai, it does seem to be getting hotter and drier over the last decade that I've been here.

Would like to see some figures on temp and rainfall over the last decade or more!!

Interesting. I would say that Chiang Mai is getting cooler and has much more rain during hot season. The last few years have not been bad at all because it has rained fairly frequently and cools off.

I remember many horrible hot seasons with no rain other that the one or two days of mango rains during Songkran every year.

Average global temperatures have been going down for the last 2 years 2009 looks to be another colder year. Yes Chiang Mai had a ripper of a hot season, at least a couple of bad weeks. But that has been happening for centuries.

I have an Al Gore prediction for you. History will remember him as a fraud and a primary perpetrator of the global warming scam.

I sell flowers, shrimp feed, and live off of interest and rental income, what could I possibly do since I'm not a scientist other than make sure that my family (this generation and the next and the next, etc.) live as comfortably as possible?

:)

There's a lot of people in the enviro-industry, Al Gore is just one of them. High profile, but still part of the enviro-industry.

The message.....well there has to be a little truth in it. But you can't blame future happenings entirely on the human race. Natural occurrences in the past indicate to us the future can be just as tumultuous through natural occurrences.

My view is there are far to many humans to feed and one way or another we have to cull the herd. Not a subject people like to discuss, but we will have to start talking about it sooner rather than later.

It's amazing how many people on TV are into eugenics. You should watch the documentary 'Endgame', you'd probably be salivating all the way through that film.

We are trashing the planet, there are REAL environmental concerns such as GM food, chemicals in the water and air pollution. But the man-made global warming orthodoxy is nothing more than a fraud that distracts all the useful idiots away from the real problems with the environment.

CO2 is a life giving gas. It is not a poison. Without it we would die.

Ok I'll give you trashing the planet, that is something we should be concerned with.

I'd like to see the monthly average temp for the past ten years to compare. On that I believe you'd have a hard time proving your case as I think you'll find it just a result of getting older with the need to bitch about something. All old folks do it :)

But back to trash that is something you/we can do something about. Get with your neighbors, organize a neighborhood cleanup party. Spend the morning with your neighbors picking up trash, spend the afternoon getting trashed with them. You'll not be able to convince many to change their actions but if you get one or more, its a start. It might promote a little goodwill, and what the heck, cost of the food and beer, really not much, but a block party is priceless.