Filipnos

adanac1

I've had about 10 Thai maid/housekeepers and 1 Filipino. The 10 Thais all ended up getting fired for stealing or doing absolutely nothing or running up a 3,000 Baht phone bill. Anything they seemed to want disappeared and when asked, I was told they thought I didn't need it any more--apparently, I didn't need my money, my mobile phone charger, nice clothes, sheets, DVD player etc. etc. They spent much of their day gossiping with the neighbor maids, so my life was an open--but not particularly truthful book. And I won't even get into the visitors that seemed to come by.

The current one comes in, cleans like there is no tomorrow, does whatever is asked and uses common sense (so unlike the Thai ones, the garden isn't being watered when it's raining). Leaves a note of supplies needed, phone calls received (with a name and number) etc. etc. This one is virtually always available and if something is planned, I am informed. Sunday is Church day, but even that can be arranged around if needed.

It's nice to come home and have the housework done instead of coming home and having someone START it and completely mess up my few hours of relaxation.

Nice one Mr Scott

This post says it all

Urge all to report any type of immigration or refugee fraud. Although it may not be too fashionable to talk about civic duty, it is important to realize that immigration fraud affects everyone in Thailand. It is the responsibility of all to report people who are in Thailand illegally, who are taking a job that legal Thais might need, who are violating other immigration laws, etc.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering what everyone else thinks about this!! My Thai gf lost out to a job to a Filipno who is here on a 60 + 30 day visa as a nanny/house keeper. The Filipno said that it is easy for her and her friends to find work when they arrive on a 30 day visa and after that their employer just has to write a letter saying that they are a guest in their homes and they will sponcer them.

I know if someone came into my country and took away a job that I could do I wouldn't take too long to have that person remove from the country for working without the correct visa.

This is a good job 12,000 a month with the offer of free food and room, which off course the filipno has taken advantage of.

Now my gf and her friends are still looking for work and the Filipnos are here sending their income home while the Issan girl's family does without..

Any toughts or concerns on this issue???

i hardly think your issarn girl doing without.

she got you !

I've had about 10 Thai maid/housekeepers and 1 Filipino. The 10 Thais all ended up getting fired for stealing or doing absolutely nothing or running up a 3,000 Baht phone bill. Anything they seemed to want disappeared and when asked, I was told they thought I didn't need it any more--apparently, I didn't need my money, my mobile phone charger, nice clothes, sheets, DVD player etc. etc. They spent much of their day gossiping with the neighbor maids, so my life was an open--but not particularly truthful book. And I won't even get into the visitors that seemed to come by.

The current one comes in, cleans like there is no tomorrow, does whatever is asked and uses common sense (so unlike the Thai ones, the garden isn't being watered when it's raining). Leaves a note of supplies needed, phone calls received (with a name and number) etc. etc. This one is virtually always available and if something is planned, I am informed. Sunday is Church day, but even that can be arranged around if needed.

It's nice to come home and have the housework done instead of coming home and having someone START it and completely mess up my few hours of relaxation.

Nice one Mr Scott

This post says it all

Urge all to report any type of immigration or refugee fraud. Although it may not be too fashionable to talk about civic duty, it is important to realize that immigration fraud affects everyone in Thailand. It is the responsibility of all to report people who are in Thailand illegally, who are taking a job that legal Thais might need, who are violating other immigration laws, etc.

It does not effect me or my family or someone I know. Actually in my 23 years in Thailand nobody complained about that.

Do you know, that Thailand is on the bottom of the unemployed statistics on the planet, btw?

Edited by Birdman

Just wondering what everyone else thinks about this!! My Thai gf lost out to a job to a Filipno who is here on a 60 + 30 day visa as a nanny/house keeper. The Filipno said that it is easy for her and her friends to find work when they arrive on a 30 day visa and after that their employer just has to write a letter saying that they are a guest in their homes and they will sponcer them.

I know if someone came into my country and took away a job that I could do I wouldn't take too long to have that person remove from the country for working without the correct visa.

This is a good job 12,000 a month with the offer of free food and room, which off course the filipno has taken advantage of.

Now my gf and her friends are still looking for work and the Filipnos are here sending their income home while the Issan girl's family does without..

Any toughts or concerns on this issue???

i hardly think your issarn girl doing without.

she got you !

Yes, she is working now and for her it really wasn't for the money that she wanted work, it was pride that she was making her own income and do give her something to do rather then sit around the house talking on the phone.

adanac1 you have yet to tell us which magically country you come from when illegal immigrants are all "kicked out"?

dave111223

You are welcome to my home in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada anytime and you will be treated like royality--If you choose to take away 1 days work from any Caper (without a work permit) you will have gasoline pourd over your head and we will use you as a BBQ

adanac1 you have yet to tell us which magically country you come from when illegal immigrants are all "kicked out"?

dave111223

You are welcome to my home in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada anytime and you will be treated like royality--If you choose to take away 1 days work from any Caper (without a work permit) you will have gasoline pourd over your head and we will use you as a BBQ

just get over it mate. many thais travel to sweden and work as fruit or berry-pickers while on "vacation" edging-out other eu-citizens from poorer members. your gf lost to a better competitor. filipinas are hands-down choice as nannies or house-keepers all over the world just like thailand is the hands-down choice for holiday over many other destinations on planet. i have mate who had a filipina house-keeper while working in singapore and returned to sweden after several years with the filipina no longer his house-keeper but his WIFE. so serious can it lead to :)

DEY TOOK ARE JEEEERBS!

:)

FINALLY! Someone with a proper edumacation that understands the joke.

Lol I drink ALOT less that you I can bet my life on that.

Don't bet your life on that, I'm sure your friends don't want to see you lying on your back reading the newspaper!

No seriously, I could bet my life, my soul, whatever, pretty easy when you have never had a drink in your entire life. Next to me you are a raving alcoholic, but so is everyone else. Just really hitting this point home with ya since you chose to infer I have some sort of negative problem drinking in sleazy bars, no sleaze here mate, Im sleazeless. What about YOU?

Lol you are a Scotian redneck, I frackin knew it.....God how can one part of Canada be so completely different from another, oh yeah, big country. Maybe you could get dah boys together after a few beers and all wear your red flannel lumberjack shirts and jeans and go over to the Philipinas place and put a little scare into her UNION style.

Nice one Mr Scott

This post says it all

It does not effect me or my family or someone I know. Actually in my 23 years in Thailand nobody complained about that.

Do you know, that Thailand is on the bottom of the unemployed statistics on the planet, btw?

That's cause there are 8 of them standing around behind the counter at the 711, even when there is a queue. :)

is a work permit required before you become a grass ?

I assume here you are suggesting people dont only report the Philipinas, but the Aussies, the Septics, the Brits and all the other nations who are taking part in "Immigration Fraud" as well in Thailand.. :)

Why pay someone 12,000 Baht a month to do things you could quite easily do if got off the hard part of your lazy arse?

(Am I the only one thinking this?)

:) ....Dont believe its a case of just being lazy, there are a lot of old Colonalists wannabes on TV who would have not been out of place in the Indian Raj...Tally ho chaps just cant find good domestic help these days..what ??....it gives them a sense of superiority over the "natives" and gives them something to write home to the relatives about talking about their "domestic servants".... :D

:) ....Dont believe its a case of just being lazy, there are a lot of old Colonalists wannabes on TV who would have not been out of place in the Indian Raj...Tally ho chaps just cant find good domestic help these days..what ??....it gives them a sense of superiority over the "natives" and gives them something to write home to the relatives about talking about their "domestic servants".... :D

With the wife and i both working..... doubt any one with some intelligence coming home late at night would want to start cleaning the house when some one can do it for 5,500 baht ( live in - thai and she does a great job and is a nice girl ).

Its not about colonilasim, its about paying for things which you dont want to / have to do yourself. Do you milk ur own cows / sow your own vegies , grow livestock and slaughter them yourself ....etc ? Most of us outsource that job, and pay a premium on the products / services we buy.

With the wife and i both working..... doubt any one with some intelligence coming home late at night would want to start cleaning the house when some one can do it for 5,500 baht ( live in - thai and she does a great job and is a nice girl ).

Its not about colonilasim, its about paying for things which you dont want to / have to do yourself. Do you milk ur own cows / sow your own vegies , grow livestock and slaughter them yourself ....etc ? Most of us outsource that job, and pay a premium on the products / services we buy.

Not going to argue with your justification in your circumstances, but there are members of TV, who do sit on their ar*es all day in the house/Condo and employ "domestic help" because it gives them a sense of superiority...I was generalising I know...My sincere apologies

The suggestion of reporting people to immigration is a real joke. First of all, most people really don't know who does and does not have a work permit and making such assumptions could be dangerous. If I start at the beginning of the soi where I live, there is a bevy of Burmese who work at the gas station on the corner. Are they legal? I would guess not, but I don't know. If I report it I can about guess what would happen to me when they found out and someone probably would.

Then there are the Cambodians that work at a very popular food shop on the soi--they don't speak Thai very well (or English), but the police eat there all the time, and I very much doubt that they are legal, but I don't know for sure.

Now, if you report a nanny, first you need to reasonably prove they are actually employed--that money is changing hands, otherwise, they can say they are 'friends of the family' and just here on a visit (tourist visa).

Finally, I highly doubt that immigration really cares all that much.

I assume here you are suggesting people dont only report the Philipinas, but the Aussies, the Septics, the Brits and all the other nations who are taking part in "Immigration Fraud" as well in Thailand.. :)

Could start with those that have publicly admitted here in TV that they are working illegally over internet, in ebay etc etc... :D:D:D

Wonder if there is a law in Thailand that requires forum admins to hand over personal details when asked by authorities ?

Too busy to spend 30 minutes of your precious combined time per day to clean the house a day?, poor old diddums.

I assume you managed OK in farang land, so why be different here?

Cows/veggies - don't know how

Mop/Rattan Brush/Mop/Hoover/Brillo Pad - I think I can manage this OK (and you)

Too busy to spend 30 minutes of your precious combined time per day to clean the house a day?, poor old diddums.

Move to "Do it yourself forum" ?

I know when i go back to the states and do work on my property there, I first try to find some Mexican's to help me.

They are cheaper, don't complain, show up, and are sometimes even more knowledgable about the job and what it takes to get it done than i do. (and i was in the business for years)

But then i discovered Sherpas. Now, those guys will be the best workers you ever have come across.

When getting the best job done for your money, who cares about checking their work permits?

I wish you could find a street corner where they stand around waiting for work like the Mexicans.

I'm all for getting the best possible help at the time, rather than worrying about which country they come from.

If it was my child, instead of my roof or sidewalk they were hired to work on, I'd think so even more.

Lao and Karen maid, 4,500 each + room and board. Never had anything stolen, but I also don't tempt them (or anyone).

"And how do we begin to covet, Clarisse? Do we seek out things to covet? ...No. We begin by coveting what we see every day. Don't you feel eyes moving over your body, Clarisse? I hardly see how you couldn't. And don't your eyes move over the things you want?"

:)

So, why just stop at cleaning ?. Why not become a Mormon and do more yourself?

- I mean, why waste money on the BTS when you can walk ? I mean its just an 2 hour walk vs. a 10 min BTS ride. Is your time that precious

- Why waste money on buying vegies, when there are so many people growing their own........ Is about 100 hours to much to ask ?

- Why buy your beer in a bottle when you can self brew it

etc etc...........

Where do you lay the boundry as to what you do your self and what you pay others to do? Is it based on some western standard as "this is what we do at home?"

An old rule of management, dont do something yourself which you can delegate. Do i have better / more intersting things to do with my time than clean the house and look after the garden...........sure (i.e. play TV ). If it was that affordable in the west, it would be as common practice as it is here ( i know my sister is envious cause its just so expensive back home )

If you enjoy it and have the time - knock yourself out !

Soon we will be branded because we ate out tonight instead of cooking it at home.

Edited by skippybangkok

An old rule of management, dont do something yourself which you can delegate.

And the other old rule of managment....if you want it doing properly...do it yourself.. :)

Nope....fire the incompetent person and find a suitable replacement. Your obviously out of your depth here.

With that logic, can just see you on Sony TV production line meeting production quota's all in your lonesome........ what a sight ! Got 1000 customers waiting in que to buy their TV and you proudly finished one "good" set.

mega lol

Edited by skippybangkok

And the other old rule of managment....if you want it doing properly...do it yourself.. :)

Nope....fire the incompetent person and find a suitable replacement. Your obviously out of your depth here.

With that logic, can just see you on Sony TV production line meeting production quota's all in your lonesome........ what a sight ! Got 1000 customers waiting in que to buy their TV and you proudly finished one "good" set.

mega lol

Skippy me old cobber...these posting seem to have hit a nerve with you ??...seem to be going to the defensive a lot..??

Sorry to say after nearly 8 years in a MNC in Thailand, think my old rule of managment applies...so please elaborate on why you think I am out of my depth ??

mega lol

Skippy me old cobber...these posting seem to have hit a nerve with you ??...seem to be going to the defensive a lot..??

Sorry to say after nearly 8 years in a MNC in Thailand, think my old rule of managment applies...so please elaborate on why you think I am out of my depth ??

I think you're right, I also think he needs a lie down after all this activity.