Re-entry Permit

I have to leave for the UK early tomorrow morning, I will not have time to get

my re-entry permit from samui immigration. I heard I can get one when leaving

the country at the airport.

Where abouts do I go to get one of these?

Is the price 1000 bht?

Many thanks

Their in no longer an office for re-entry permits at the airport.

You have to go to an immigration office to get it.

Information from immigration is that you can get one the airport in emergncy cases only. No information on where or how this can be done.

I believe the desk is still there but marked closed. Suspect you make your case as you enter departure area. If you can prove emergency I have seen reports for them providing the service.

Re entry permits are officially closed at the airport. If there is no time then just get another visa when you get back.

Not much use when he is on a Married Extension and has to do through all that again. Maybe is no longer has the bank deposit as he has spent some of it.

Hi, all

I have 3 month visa to Thailand, and i need to go to the Malaysia for 4 days. So, as i understand i need re-entry permit to return to Thai. I read here (http://www.thaivisa.com/346.0.html) that i can make re-entry permit in Bangkok International Airport. Above i read that i can't make re-entry permit in airport, and it officially closed. So, i i am going to Thai and after 4 hours i am flying to Malaysia. What i need to do? Going to Immigration office in Bangkok or i can make re-entry permit in airport (http://www.thaivisa.com/346.0.html)? Can you give official news, where i can read that i can't make re-entry permit in BKK airport?

Thank you. 

Are you outside Thailand now and just making a transit in Bangkok on your arrival? Do you have to even clear immigration or can you check through to Malaysia? Are you from a country allowed visa exempt entry (30 day stamp at airport)? If you are just ask them not to stamp your visa and just use the visa exempt entry. Don't put visa information on the arrival card and most officials will do this for you. Then use the visa for your return entry.

If you are in Thailand now you need to obtain a re-entry permit from nearest immigration office to your location.

Look at this list of countries to see if you are on the visa exemption list or visa on arrival list.

http://www.mfa.go.th/internet/document/ChartVisa.pdf

If you are on the visa exemption list just leave your visa number blank on your arrival card (TM6) and explain to the immigration officer what you want to do.

The same can be done if you are on the Visa On Arrival list. Normally this woudl cost 1000 baht but at the moment it is free.

If your country is not listed then you should talk with somebody at immigration when you arrive about a re-entry permit or some other way of not using your visa.

Thank you for your replays.

I am not it Thai now. My country citizens need to have thai visa before departing to Thai, and i can't make VisaOnArrival visa. So, in my situation i need only go to the BKK Immigration Office and take re-entry permit? How many time it takes? It is impossible to believe that i need to go to the city, waiting there and only then fly to another country! There is no hidden ways to transit BKK->Malaysya->BKK without going to BKK Immigration office??!

Thanks.

You should check when you arrive at the airport. There may be a way to do it or even get a re-entry permit.

Otherwise you will have to go to immigration in Bangkok.

You won't be able to do it on weekends or holidays.

As I read it he is just making a transfer in Bangkok within 4 hours. There is no way he can obtain a re-entry permit from Suan Phlu in that time. Poster seems to not want to advise his country so can only advise him to check the airline rules to see if he can just transit in Bangkok without clearing immigration (not have to use visa). Also don't know if he can obtain a new visa in Malaysia or not (if required).

http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations...ation/index.jsp

Otherwise he will just have to plead his case at airport and hope they consider it an emergency situation and will issue a re-entry permit there.

Edited by lopburi3

You could apply by internet, you would still need to go to BKK immigration with a photo and the fee, but it would save a lot of waiting time. Procudure is here:

For a re-entry permit,if you are in Bangkok area and you have an Internet access, you could fill in a TM. 8 form and send it to [email protected]

— You should e-mail the completed form 1 day in advance.

— You have to submit a 2" photo and pay a permit fee at counter 7, the Immigration Bureau (soi suanplu office.)

— Fee for re-entry permit:

1,000 Bahts for single

3,800 Bahts for multiple

You can download the form here: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm8.doc

Edit:

as Lopburi3 says, if you want real good advice give us your nationality or check yourself at the link provided by Lopburi.

Thanks for your advices.

I am from Turkmenistan, and i want just transit Bangkok, going to Malaysia. I think i can apply by internet, but i'm afraid that i will not able to go to the Bangkok, obtain a re-entry permit and back to the airport for only 4 hours in unknown city. So in my situation only 2 ways?

1 - stay in bangkok for 1 day and obtain re-entry permit without crazy rush in Bangkok, but it is problem way, cause i need to exhchange my tickets, hotels and so on.

2 - make visa in Malaysia, i read that it takes 2 days. Thats ok for me, but if i can't get it? It can be anything, and it would be fantastic situation in unknown country/city.

any ideas?

thanks.

From Delta airlines:

National Turkmenistan /Transit Thailand (TH)

Destination Malaysia (MY)

Thailand (TH)

TWOV (Transit Without Visa):

Visa required, except for Transit passengers continuing their

journey to a third country within 12 hours provided not

leaving the transit lounge, and holding tickets with confirmed

reservations and other documents for their onward journey. Additional Information:

- All visitors must hold documents required for their next

destination.

Warning:

- Non-compliance with visa requirements will result in:

- refusal and immediate deportation of the passenger; and

- fines for the airline of THB 20,000.-; and

- overstay fine for the passenger of THB 500.- per day (but

not exceeding in total THB 20,000.-).

So if you don't enter Thailand but stay in the transit area at the airport and leave to Malaysia within 12 hours you don't need a visa for Thailand.

If you are flying regular airlines they can book you and your bags through to Malaysia and you just go to the transit lounge without going through Immigration at Bangkok. If your flight to Malaysia is a discount type airline this will probably not be possible. You should check with your airline office there if they can book you through.