Domestic Flights With Overstay - Possbile Or Not?

Hi there,

I'm a newbie here, and me gots a little problem. :)

I have multiple entry visa until december 09, but i overstayed the 90 days, today. (i forgot that its a public holiday). I'm planning to make a visarun in Mae Sai by flying to Chiang Rai tomorrow from BKK. Is it a good idea to fly while being "illegally" in the country? Or is it even possible?

I don't remember how the domestic flights work, so is it possible to pay for the overstay at the domestic flights terminal as well, like in international flights? Or can I just let it be and pay at the border in Mae Sai? Will they lock me up to the jail? :D

Any experience, help is needed quite fast as I need to book the flights as soon as possible. Thanks! :D

Hi there,

I'm a newbie here, and me gots a little problem. :)

I have multiple entry visa until december 09, but i overstayed the 90 days, today. (i forgot that its a public holiday). I'm planning to make a visarun in Mae Sai by flying to Chiang Rai tomorrow from BKK. Is it a good idea to fly while being "illegally" in the country? Or is it even possible?

I don't remember how the domestic flights work, so is it possible to pay for the overstay at the domestic flights terminal as well, like in international flights? Or can I just let it be and pay at the border in Mae Sai? Will they lock me up to the jail? :D

Any experience, help is needed quite fast as I need to book the flights as soon as possible. Thanks! :D

I do not quite understand. If you have a Multi Entry Visa. You can still o a border run. Border checkpoints do not close for holidays.

You can only pay an overstay fine when you leave the country.

Hi there,

I'm a newbie here, and me gots a little problem. :D

I do not quite understand. If you have a Multi Entry Visa. You can still o a border run. Border checkpoints do not close for holidays.

You can only pay an overstay fine when you leave the country.

Thats what I'm planning to do, a borded run in Mae Sai.

What I want to know is, can I fly the domestic flight without getting into trouble? Will the personnell at the domestic flights terminal check-in or at any other point check my passport and say "Sir, you cannot fly because your passport says you have overstayed, our police friends here at the airport will take good care of you from now on, have a nice trip, to immigration jail, na krub!" ?

Do you get the point now? Sry for being unclear in the first post. :)

The airline only looks at the photo page of your passport to confirm your idenity. So you should not have no problem.

The border is open 365 days a year it does not close for holidays or weekends.

Did you look at airfares on Air Asia's website you mitht find a fare to KL that is about the same as flying to Chiang Mai and then transport to the border. It would also be a lot simpler. You could fly in go through Malaysion immigration and then check in for the next flight back.

Thanks for reply, so then everything is okay! :D

Yeah, I checked AirAsia, and decided to do it through Chiang Rai, as the flights were cheaper, and want to visit around there anyways. I'll be using 1-2-Go Airline, which is a bit scary though! :)

I would not risk using a PP on overstay. The last time I flew TG to Chiang Mai they did flip through the pages, not sure if they were actually reading everything but the risk is high.

If have, use a DL or WP as ID (it has to be a photoID!) and tell the check-in counter your PP is with your embassy for renewal or something like that.

Take a photocopy of your PP main page with you in case they want to verify the PP number you used for booking the ticket.

opalhort

I would not risk using a PP on overstay. The last time I flew TG to Chiang Mai they did flip through the pages, not sure if they were actually reading everything but the risk is high.

opalhort

It's only the usual Thai being nosy.If he/she doesn't understand anything(normal) he/she looks another 3 times,hoping to have an excuse to say:mai dai,or something to the same effect! :)

Is the person sitting behind the counter an immigration or police officer?

Do you think they would have the authority to deny you boarding of the flght because they happened to notice that your permit to say was expired by one or two days (or much longer) while they were wasting their time and yours looking through you passsport?

If they look through your passport it is probably to find the photo page because every countries passport is different. I normally hand my passport to anybody that is just checking it for ID purposes with it open to the photo page.

Is the person sitting behind the counter an immigration or police officer?

Do you think they would have the authority to deny you boarding of the flght because they happened to notice that your permit to say was expired by one or two days (or much longer) while they were wasting their time and yours looking through you passsport?

If they look through your passport it is probably to find the photo page because every countries passport is different. I normally hand my passport to anybody that is just checking it for ID purposes with it open to the photo page.

No, but they might shop you to the real immigration officers in the same building if they were feeling vindictive. I've known them look at the photo page and then nose through other pages as well. NB I'm talking about at the security desk here, not at check-in - a check-in clerk wouldn't care about anything other than making sure your passport number was booked on the flight. But security personnel might (rightly or wrongly) feel a bit more responsible...

Having said this, I've boarded a BKK - CNX flight before with an overstay and, doing as UbonJoe suggests and handing them my passport open on the photo page, on that occasion they didn't flip through the other pages. I'd still say it's perhaps a bit risky - you're certainly allowing yourself to come into the radar anyway.

Actually they do have the authority to deny boarding and can be very picky. Our family was almost refused a return flight from Chiang Mai at security check (after normal check in) a few years ago because child's name on ticket did not exactly match that on birth certificate (4 year old - obviously not a worlds most wanted). Only after finding amendment to birth certificate were we allowed to board. Syllables were reversed on birth certificate for given name.