Why When In Mc Donalds I Ask For 'salt And Mayonaise' They Only Hear 'salt' ?

spaceshipcrew

The same with the TT&T callcenter when I -more times a week- call to complain about internet downtime. They really can't remember a simple 6 digit phone number you give them. Haven't they got really no lessons in human relations, learn how to deal with people ? Why they all have jobs they don't understand ?

The annoyed feeling I get here so often will make me leave this country soon, 8 years (Chiangmai, of all places) is enough ! If you see improvements it may be worth to give it a chance, but really it's seems getting worse and worse, they are not polite anymore, in restaurants they smash the food on your table, not keep the door open for the person behind them, jumping the que... etc etc, ignorance is the new enemy of this country.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McDonald's has got very thin female staff though; Swensens as well. I would love to read their recruitment adverts: 'no porkies need apply - thanks'. I love Thailand's complete lack of political correctness. If you want a 23 year old sex kitten as a waitress, you can advertise that you want a 23 year old sex kitten. In the west you would be arrested because you're excluding fat ugly people!!!

When I go into McDonalds etc, I ask them not to put ice in the draught Seven Up or Sprite. It is cold enough when it is drawn off the system and they still put the ice in the glass.

I say 'Noooooooo' No eye!' :D

They reply 'Whaaaaah no eye?'

Then they look at me as if I am stupid. :D

It is mostly water anyway, not like the bottles of the same product. Plus the fact the more ice in the glass, leaves less room for the actual drink. They put enough 'eye' in the glass to sink the Titanic. :)

Edited by TEFLMike

Seriously dude I'm the first one to point out the major flaws in Thailand.... but these are just the minor annoyances you need to learn to live with, hey if no ones trying to kill you (directly or indirectly) isn't that what you'd call a good day? I do.

McDonald's has got very thin female staff though; Swensens as well. I would love to read their recruitment adverts: 'no porkies need apply - thanks'. I love Thailand's complete lack of political correctness. If you want a 23 year old sex kitten as a waitress, you can advertise that you want a 23 year old sex kitten. In the west you would be arrested because you're excluding fat ugly people!!!

haha i see this in the BKK post

Personnal Assisant

must be

21-25 Years old

Uni Degree

under 40 KG

Female

makes you wonder but as the above post said in the uk you could never post this

You know what I really hate about McDonald's here. "DJ Kelly". If you didn't notice McDonald's has what they call McDonald's radio (the sound of trendy). They play pop music, usually quite loudly and run ads for the food, and they have this chick called DJ Kelly and she has the most atrocious annoying way of talking that makes you think she learned how to speak English on Mars. She emphasizes all the wrong syllables in the most pretentious and forced manner. My wife also finds her annoying.

They could not a found anyone in Thailand with worse habits in speaking English. She must be related to a big boss.

Yes it's a tiny problem, I probably won't leave Thailand over it, but this seems to be a thread about petty annoyances so that is one of mine.

Edited by canuckamuck

I was the only customer in the Dubliner? corner of Washington square Sukhumvit Road and asked for a Singh beer, witch she gave me without a glass or bottle cooler, the waitress just dumped the bottle on the table and walked away.

At a price of over 100 ฿+7% tax for a small bottle the service sucks.

<deleted> do you expect from MacDonald's.

Edited by johna

The same with the TT&T callcenter when I -more times a week- call to complain about internet downtime. They really can't remember a simple 6 digit phone number you give them. Haven't they got really no lessons in human relations, learn how to deal with people ? Why they all have jobs they don't understand ?

The annoyed feeling I get here so often will make me leave this country soon, 8 years (Chiangmai, of all places) is enough ! If you see improvements it may be worth to give it a chance, but really it's seems getting worse and worse, they are not polite anymore, in restaurants they smash the food on your table, not keep the door open for the person behind them, jumping the que... etc etc, ignorance is the new enemy of this country.

If someone smashes my food down on the table, they don't get a tip, its a simple as that.

And I dont think that Thai people use a lot of Salt & mayo.

If someone smashes my food down on the table, they don't get a tip, its a simple as that.

And I dont think that Thai people use a lot of Salt & mayo.

Indeed, huge amounts of sugar and MSG in every food are the magic words that make those weird peeps smile... :)

asking for "mayonaise and salt" might solve your problem.

skipping McSh*t altogether might be another solution

No, you know what the solution for this ? Looking them in the eye, raising one finger when you say 'sald' and raising a second finger when you say 'mayonaise' which make them realize you asked for TWO things in one sentence. Even then sometimes they forget but usually it helps !

Thats how I learned to solve this, hehe...

Just see Thailand as a big kindergarten and it's all more easy. Actually a large part of the adults have the mental level, responsibility, understanding, cause-and-effect awareness etc. of a 6 (4?) year old back in Europe.

Edited by spaceshipcrew

You know what I really hate about McDonald's here. "DJ Kelly". If you didn't notice McDonald's has what they call McDonald's radio (the sound of trendy). They play pop music, usually quite loudly and run ads for the food, and they have this chick called DJ Kelly and she has the most atrocious annoying way of talking that makes you think she learned how to speak English on Mars. She emphasizes all the wrong syllables in the most pretentious and forced manner. My wife also finds her annoying.

They could not a found anyone in Thailand with worse habits in speaking English. She must be related to a big boss.

Yes it's a tiny problem, I probably won't leave Thailand over it, but this seems to be a thread about petty annoyances so that is one of mine.

Hehehihihurrrp... and what to think of many callcenters 'for english please pless nine' in American accent... :)

Just see Thailand as a big kindergarten and it's all more easy. Actually a large part of the adults have the mental level, responsibility, understanding, cause-and-effect awareness etc. of a 6 (4?) year old back in Europe.

Did I just enter the Twilight Zone? :)

You want to complain? Look at these shoes. I've only had them three weeks and the heels are worn right through. If you complain nothing happens, you might as well not bother. Oh my back hurts, it's not a very fine day and I'm sick and tired of this office.

KFC only hires anorexic scarecrows. We're not in Kansas, Toto.

My KFC has some nicely built tall ladies... :)

As for the service, "No. 4, upsize, eat here, no ice" usually gets me exactly what I want. :D

haha i see this in the BKK post

Personnal Assisant

must be

21-25 Years old

Uni Degree

under 40 KG

Female

makes you wonder but as the above post said in the uk you could never post this

And you think theyd find someone like this in the UK?

KFC has some nicely built tall ladies... :)

I cant believe someone comes on to this forum and openly admits to eating Thai KFC.

Tried it once and thought it must have been a mistake, so went back another time and it was confirmed to be the most vile excuse for chicken a man could eat. :D

No, you know what the solution for this ? Looking them in the eye, raising one finger when you say 'sald' and raising a second finger when you say 'mayonaise' which make them realize you asked for TWO things in one sentence. Even then sometimes they forget but usually it helps !

Better yet just say Pom Kor Gluua le maayoongneet

Try to visualize this................

Back where ever you come from a Thai walks into McDonald's.

Tells the counter girl Mai ow Nam Keng Krup

Then the girl start putting ice in his cup anyway.

He starts yelling MAI OW NAM KENG !!!!!

How about this same person calls the internet provider. They ask his number & he says song song ha- hok hok jet jet

Wonder how well the internet provider would remember that?

Is it because they have jobs they dont understand?

Now tell me again why Thailand is a big Kindergarten?

Which adults closely resemble Kindergarten kids who cannot even communicate?

Edited by flying

KFC has some nicely built tall ladies... :)

I cant believe someone comes on to this forum and openly admits to eating Thai KFC.

Tried it once and thought it must have been a mistake, so went back another time and it was confirmed to be the most vile excuse for chicken a man could eat. :D

It is not bad and better than most of the fried foods you find in Thai stalls. Better not to eat anything fried too often. :D

KFC has some nicely built tall ladies... :D

You've already criticised me for liking Aussie brewed Castlemaine XXXX and Fosters, and now KFC spicy wings. :D You're not stalking me are you? :)

It is not bad and better than most of the fried foods you find in Thai stalls. Better not to eat anything fried too often. :D

I sometimes have the fried chicken at the food stalls, but I'm getting more and more put off by the smell of the oil. Lord knows how old it is or where they get it from :D . And I usually have to cook the chicken a bit longer in the oven when I get home as the meat near the bone is often not cooked enough and the blood is still red.

I usually have KFC once a week at Big C after I buy the latest Phuket Gazette and settle down for a read and a nosh. Yummy! :)