Why When In Mc Donalds I Ask For 'salt And Mayonaise' They Only Hear 'salt' ?

spaceshipcrew

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the reason most thais in the fast food places are skinny is because most people that apply for the positions are skinny,most thai people are skinny full stop.

how many fat thais do you see waddling around thge streets.

big c's kfc in Bang phlee has fat girls working there,they probably got fat as a result of working there.

Actually I see plump THais all the time.  Very few Thai women (percentage-wise) are under 40 kg nor men under 50 kg, yet I see a large number of men and women who are seemingly under these weights working at fast food joints. 

I don't often see obese Thais as I see obese people in many other nations.  BUt more and more Thais are plump, and not that many are what I would call skinny.

Actually I see plump THais all the time. Very few Thai women (percentage-wise) are under 40 kg nor men under 50 kg, yet I see a large number of men and women who are seemingly under these weights working at fast food joints.

I don't often see obese Thais as I see obese people in many other nations. BUt more and more Thais are plump, and not that many are what I would call skinny.

Agreed. Thailand has its fair share of plumpers and statistics show this is an increasing trend. There are a lot of plump chicks who seemingly can't get dates, and if you are not too fussy they can be cheap entertainment.

As far as most fast food places go, there is a clear policy for employing slim chicks, and it's a policy that I applaud. :)

You should try pronouncing mayonnaise as ma-yong-ned. I bet it'll be easier for them to comprehend. As for DJ Kelly at McDonald's "The Sound of Trendy", I think she sounds adorable! McDonald's is big on CSR. And they always make the earnest attempt to hire individual with disability. DJ Kelly clearly has some form disability which manifests in her speech impediment. Kudos to her for overcoming her own adversity and acquiring what seems like the impossible job for her kind.

If it's true about her having a disability then I am quite sorry. Do you know this or is it a guess. It doesn't sound like a speech impediment or disability, It sounds like someone trying too hard not to sound Asian.

...KFC in some places is good - in others' terrible. There is no consistency.

Yes. There are some places that never have many customers and that usually means the product is not good. I now go to a popular place when it's moderately busy - ensures a regular turn-over of product and a good chance that what you get is freshly cooked.

...If a company advertises or a restaurant has it's menu in the English language, then it is a reasonable assumption that they are capable of conducting their business using the English language.

I thought it meant that you could read it, understand what they offer and then either point to it or tell them the number (which they usually understand).

Hence my regular order of "number 4, upsize, eat here, no ice". :D

(Actually, the "no ice" sometimes has to be repeated as "mai sai nam keng khrap" if I spot her filling a glass with ice. :))

the reason most thais in the fast food places are skinny is because most people that apply for the positions are skinny,most thai people are skinny full stop.

how many fat thais do you see waddling around thge streets.

big c's kfc in Bang phlee has fat girls working there,they probably got fat as a result of working there.

Sadly I think as more & more McDonald's....KFC...Dairy Queens....Pizza Huts....Swenson...Mr Dough nut...etc start showing up that might change....

All this processed junk was not in their diet before.

But I also think the heat & humidity helps keeping the weight down a bit too. :)

KFC has some nicely built tall ladies... :)

I cant believe someone comes on to this forum and openly admits to eating Thai KFC.

Tried it once and thought it must have been a mistake, so went back another time and it was confirmed to be the most vile excuse for chicken a man could eat. :D

Oops!! I like Thai KFC.

The same with the TT&T callcenter when I -more times a week- call to complain about internet downtime. They really can't remember a simple 6 digit phone number you give them. Haven't they got really no lessons in human relations, learn how to deal with people ? Why they all have jobs they don't understand ?

The annoyed feeling I get here so often will make me leave this country soon, 8 years (Chiangmai, of all places) is enough ! If you see improvements it may be worth to give it a chance, but really it's seems getting worse and worse, they are not polite anymore, in restaurants they smash the food on your table, not keep the door open for the person behind them, jumping the que... etc etc, ignorance is the new enemy of this country.

Because they know you will die soon eating that crap :):D

Such in depth discussion about imported food, I bet the Thais do bad haggis as well!

McDonald's is not haut cuisine, not for nothing is it called junk food.

You are in Thailand, a country with a superb cuisine, and you worry about an emulsion of fats styled mayonnaise - mayonnaise as prepared in its home country, France, is a great condiment - the stuff in McDonalds is not worthy of the name.

Edited by njpski

I love those chickens they BBQ by the side of the road on the pattaya road on the way to Jomtien, its just the mixture of grit, petrol fumes and the cement lorries overspill that really give them a much better taste than KFC, never been able to get Mayo with them though.

I love those chickens they BBQ by the side of the road on the pattaya road on the way to Jomtien, its just the mixture of grit, petrol fumes and the cement lorries overspill that really give them a much better taste than KFC, never been able to get Mayo with them though.

And the MSG they shake all over it. :)

Such in depth discussion about imported food, I bet the Thais do bad haggis as well!

McDonald's is not haut cuisine, not for nothing is it called junk food.

You are in Thailand, a country with a superb cuisine, and you worry about an emulsion of fats styled mayonnaise - mayonnaise as prepared in its home country, France, is a great condiment - the stuff in McDonalds is not worthy of the name.

Actually, I find the mayonnaise in Belgium far superior to that from France, but then again, except for French Fries, I prefer Miracle Whip, so perhpas my judgement is suspect!  :)

I eat Thai every work day and most weekends.  I really like the cuisine.  However, I find that I do eat fast food about two or three times a month, far more than the once every couple months when I am back in the US.  I like the KFC Zinger sandwich (they use dark meat here unlike the KFC's in teh US which use white meat.)  I go to Burger King a couple times a year, something I never do in the US.  And I even hit up McD's every once in awhile for a Filet of Fish or a Big Mac.

...If a company advertises or a restaurant has it's menu in the English language, then it is a reasonable assumption that they are capable of conducting their business using the English language.

I thought it meant that you could read it, understand what they offer and then either point to it or tell them the number (which they usually understand).

(Actually, the "no ice" sometimes has to be repeated as "mai sai nam keng khrap" if I spot her filling a glass with ice. :))

:D Dude, You've been here far too long. You need to go home for a few weeks...Guaranteed you'd say the same thing in your local Western maccy dees! and they'd be like "yeah, what, er yeah right(while thinking (another f*cking immigrant in my own country!!) :D

No ice - guaranteed this will get you ice everytime.

Mai sai nam keng khrap - at will give you a 50% chance

Some of us never came here for Thai food. And some Thai food is crappy; so is some Western food. To each their own.

I am with PB.

I didn't go to Thailand for the food. Infact the only Thai food I like is Thai food that has been prepared at my own instruction.

For example, If I want Tom Kha Gai, I want chicken meat not gristle.

If I want Tom Yam Goong, I want the meat from the prawn, I really do not want the <deleted> head.

I won't eat anything that is served up with the dam_n chickens feet in it either. yuck.

Before anyone says, "If you don't like it, leave" I must add that I DID :)

Some of us never came here for Thai food. And some Thai food is crappy; so is some Western food. To each their own.

I am with PB.

I didn't go to Thailand for the food. Infact the only Thai food I like is Thai food that has been prepared at my own instruction.

If I want Tom Yam Goong, I want the meat from the prawn, I really do not want the <deleted> head.

I won't eat anything that is served up with the dam_n chickens feet in it either. yuck.

You don't like the chinese delicacy of chicken feet?

I am an omnivore, kidneys, chicken livers, ducks' tongues, tripe, brains, sausages, aussie meat pies at the footy (the two g's are the main ingredients - gravy and gristle!), prawns including the head, crayfish including the "mustard" = all good!

The same with the TT&T callcenter when I -more times a week- call to complain about internet downtime. They really can't remember a simple 6 digit phone number you give them. Haven't they got really no lessons in human relations, learn how to deal with people ? Why they all have jobs they don't understand ?

The annoyed feeling I get here so often will make me leave this country soon, 8 years (Chiangmai, of all places) is enough ! If you see improvements it may be worth to give it a chance, but really it's seems getting worse and worse, they are not polite anymore, in restaurants they smash the food on your table, not keep the door open for the person behind them, jumping the que... etc etc, ignorance is the new enemy of this country.

I don't think that I would have waited 8 years if those things where too annoying for me.

This is Thailand, like it or leave it !

And I prefer to notice when I am impressed by some waiters or any people doing a great job, and it happens more and more it seems.

I am with PB.

You don't like the chinese delicacy of chicken feet?

I am an omnivore, kidneys, chicken livers, ducks' tongues, tripe, brains, sausages, aussie meat pies at the footy (the two g's are the main ingredients - gravy and gristle!), prawns including the head, crayfish including the "mustard" = all good!

Yeah, not big on the chicken feet. Can't get the image of the feet running around in chicken sh1t out of my mind so the delicacy is ruined for me.

My brother is a butcher in Aust and he will only eat a sausage that he has made himself. That kinda tells me something.

I gew up on kidney (lamb's fry), roo tail, goat most of which killed and skinned by myself and the good old meat pie (mystery bag) so I should really be ok, but I got poisoned in Korea and ended up in hospital for a week. Worst experience of my life (nearly the end of it too) so I have been a lot pickier with my food since then.

:D Dude, You've been here far too long. You need to go home for a few weeks...Guaranteed you'd say the same thing in your local Western maccy dees! and they'd be like "yeah, what, er yeah right(while thinking (another f*cking immigrant in my own country!!) :D

No ice - guaranteed this will get you ice everytime.

Mai sai nam keng khrap - at will give you a 50% chance

:D You're right - I've been promising to visit home for quite a few years now. I think I will go home this year, though. Definitely.

Probably.

Possibly.

shrug.gif