Mexicans And Thais Are They Similiar?

livinthailandos

Most of you on thai visa may not get this as this is more or less something you see and experience if you are in the U.S. Please NOTE this post is NOT intended to be spiteful, hateful and biased or rude towards either thais or mexicans I just want to note the similiarities I have seen and experienced in both cultures

BEER.. thai men drink singha, mexican men drink Heineken. Both love their beer

WOMEN: both sides have beautiful women in their culture

FAMILY: both have large families and you always seem to be meeting some new in their family. Both sides are very family oriented

WORKING ABROAD. When the thai or mexican go to usa they never come home

FAMILY HOME ENVIRONMENT. If you understand some of george lopez jokes about being raised, you see the family environment on both sides is one of hard tough love

1 VEHICLE MANY PEOPLE. Usually I see the thais from up north or from isan, so of course in the US and here you both see a lot of thai's and mexicans packed up in small vehicles on the way to work

FOOD: Both really love to eat spicy food

any thoughts or comments are welcome.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good post, Wrong Beer. Corona or Budweiser, maybe Del Sol, rare to see Mexicans purchase Heineken. More often

http://www.cazadores.com/?#/products/ Cazadores REPOSADO Tequila which is a mid to premium priced tequila, not some "super premium" new brand started by a Hair Shampoo Company owner or a Rock Singer. I have never seen Mexicans consume "rot gut", made in Kentucky or Missouri so called Tequila. Granted my hundreds of interactions with Mexican people was for seventeen years in a celebration situation and long ago as a grocery store clerk where domestic and imported beer was sold.

There is a "Latin Curse" I have seen of the Mexican women in California. After a few babies, they tend to gain significant girth. Not all Mexican women in California, but certainly a large percentage.

In our California community and surrounding areas the Mexicans and other Latin immigrants, even 2nd and 3rd generation seemed to work real hard and many enjoyed success. Quite a bit of money was sent back to Mexico and other Central American nations to family members for home construction and to improve the scale of living. Very similar to Thai people working in tourist areas or factories in Thailand as well as overseas.

Mexicans tend to work multiple full time jobs, very money driven and motivated, they tend not too whine so much, ad for some reason spend less time at the "hospital" im saying this as a positive..... I dont see this in thailand, but i may be wrong

You guys all got the wrong beer,,, tecate, or sol, or modelo, pacifico

Edited by tb86

An interesting topic. It is always good to have different subjects to discuss. Usually, I think people tend to compare filipino people and Thais (particularly the ladies)

Mexico does indeed have some good beers and very tasty (and spicy) food. But, even though I live not far from Mexico, I have no desire to live or visit there (VERY dangerous - currently the highest rate of non-accidental/not natural death outside of war zones. Not to mention swine flu)

Mexicans being mostly Catholic (therefore supposedly using only abstinence or rhythm as birth control) seem to me to have really really big families. I tend to think this is one of the reasons (having a lot of babies) that (it seems to me) that Mexican ladies tend not to be so slim when they are no longer young. Maybe not so nice to say, but just my thoughts.

Both have beautiful to bud ugly, however there are more world pageant titile holders from Mexico than Thailand…..this should speak for something.

And many of your “thai beauty”, most of them are just “beautiful” in Thailand only, but try to take them outside Thailand…..well just another topic here.

FAMILY: both have large families and you always seem to be meeting some new in their family.

Absolutely non-sense and over generalization from your part.

May be to “many” the poor families for whatever their reasons might had been, but most thai families do have family planning knowledge. Go and check the thai birthrate stat.

But if you meant “large extended family”…then yea we do. Many times those members sure come in handy.

Over hyped up statement here. Go out and try to expand your circle of dot also, if you have some time. Given the chance most thais would just love to go back home.

In my circle, most of them have the uni degree and had gone home to work with their daddy companies, goverments, and universities. Also many have dual citizenship.

As for me, my professional knowledge can not be used in thailand…without major flips, and not to mention the peanuts pay scale also, ...among other things

In the US, you can buy a good cheap taco.

The only way you are going to get a good cheap pad thai is to COOK IT YOURSELF.

I've never been to a Taco Bell, ever. What are they like?

None in the UK, which is weird. They'd do well there.

I said good. Not Taco Bell. The real thing.

BTW, don't tell me the ingredients to cook pad are very expensive. No, they are very cheap, even in the US.

Edited by Jingthing

Not really, few Thais go abroad, and many (maybe most) go back. Thais are one of the least likely groups to go to the USA in the entire world. There's about 150-200k of them, only a bit over 1% of the Asian American population. Compared to 30 million Mexican Americans, 4 million Fillipinos, 3.5 million Chinese, 1.5 Vietnamese, 1.5 million Koreans, etc. There are more Laotians in the US than Thais, despite Laos being 1/10th the population.

I said good. Not Taco Bell. The real thing.

So is it like, nasty? Like the other places . . . McNonames.

I think the machismo of Mexican culture is lacking in Thailand (happily).

How is that the Mexican Machismo? Here, too much misplace glance on other Thais in drinking places can lead to the local sports of Thai boxing or bullet ducking as well..

How is that the Mexican Machismo? Here, too much misplace glance on other Thais in drinking places can lead to the local sports of Thai boxing or bullet ducking as well..

Touch a Mexican macho's butt, you will die. Touch a Thai man's butt, he says thank you.

Thai boxers? Many of them are friends of Dorothy, trust me, I know ...

Edited by Jingthing

Not really, few Thais go abroad, and many (maybe most) go back. Thais are one of the least likely groups to go to the USA in the entire world. There's about 150-200k of them, only a bit over 1% of the Asian American population. Compared to 30 million Mexican Americans, 4 million Fillipinos, 3.5 million Chinese, 1.5 Vietnamese, 1.5 million Koreans, etc. There are more Laotians in the US than Thais, despite Laos being 1/10th the population.

Quite right, many people I know come back even if they had good career there. A medical doctor told me that work is too hard life is too boring to staying alone there. Most plan to retire in Thailand even if they have kids there. The American Thais kids grown up in the US don't stay with the parents so living closer to other relatives is preferable. + The saving worths more here.

Great point.  

While I can't get 3-for-a-dollar taquitos in the US, they are still pretty cheap.  At $0.99 in a restaurant, that is about 3 times the Mexican street price.  

But Thai food tends to be pricey.  I went to a Thai restaurant in San Diego, and having a hankering for some Thai comfort food, I asked the cook to make a gai jiaow moosap.  It was pretty good, just about what I can get on the street here. Then I received my bill.  $8.95! That is about 16 times the Thai street price.

I think you would have to include more areas to compare two different cultures that exist on opposite sides of the globe.

Both love beer but Thais also drink lots of whiskey watered down with soda and ice.

Thais today tend to have smaller families 2 children but have extended families as do many Asian cultures.

Working abroad is not isolated to Thai and Mexicans.

One vehicle many people - same with other countries.

Spicy food? What about Indians, Sri Lankans, Indonesians?

:)

What about this?

When you go to the urinal, are you approached from behind by a man and given a massage on your shoulder while you are leaking water?

Does Mexico have a similar number of involuntary pen ile separation cases as Thailand?

Does Mexico have the same number of ladyboys as Thailand?

Does Mexico have a problem with Americans illegally sneaking into the country?

Does Mexico have as draconian measures as Thailand with regards to illegal immigrants that arrive by boat?

BEER.. thai men drink singha, mexican men drink Heineken. Both love their beer

FAMILY: both have large families and you always seem to be meeting some new in their family. Both sides are very family oriented

FAMILY HOME ENVIRONMENT. If you understand some of george lopez jokes about being raised, you see the family environment on both sides is one of hard tough love

1 VEHICLE MANY PEOPLE. Usually I see the thais from up north or from isan, so of course in the US and here you both see a lot of thai's and mexicans packed up in small vehicles on the way to work

FOOD: Both really love to eat spicy food

any thoughts or comments are welcome.

OP and others, you're just comparing two low-income agricultural cultures... there's no substance to the comparison besides the fact that many farangs in Thailand are from the US and thus have contact with Mexican neighbors to the south... nothing more to it.

Edited by Svenn

According to Sereechai Newspaper January 1999,

an unofficial survey estimates that there are about one million people of Thai ancestry in America at the present time.

One forth of them have changed their citizenship to be American, one forth are green card holders and the rest are students and illegal immigrants.

copyright @ 2005 Sereechai Newspaper. All Right reserved, Contect us: [email protected]

หนังสือพิมพ์เสรีชัย Sereechai Newspaper 1253 N.Vine St., Suite 16A, Los Angeles, CA.90038

and if Thailand had a land border with the US ??????

Tecate and dos Equis are quite popular for the beers. Somebody mentioned Taco bell,this is tex mex food not mexican.Same with Taco cabanna.

Yes, there are a lot of nice looking women that come from Mexico.

As for being family oriented,the mexicans love a good family get together.I see this week in week out.They know how to enjoy themselves(hats off to them).

I work with a few Mexicans,Most of them are good hard working people who still have ties back home.Usually on a holiday w/end in the U.S they go back home to visit family.I disagree with the comment about not going back home.My wife stayed in the U.S for 2 yrs and now she stays back home.I hear the same thing from other Thai people.Its a lot easier for Mexicans living in the U.S than Thai people.

I also see many per vehicle.

Habenero is a lot hotter than a Thai chilli.