Lap Swimming Pools (pay Per Day)

Harmonica

All options, including approx. costs and regardless of distance, but preferably not deep in the city due to traffic and parking problems (and getting lost) -- from serviced apt. on Canal road (121) going North, just 1 Km. shy of Suthep Road.

Much obliged  :o

There's a private grade school across from and about 100 meters South of the British Council on Bamrung Rat Road that has an outdoor lap pool. The management will charge about 50 baht per day but you can buy a one year membership and save a few baht.

Drive into the grounds and behind the Rama V wooden house where you will find a parking lot. The pool locker room is on the shallow end of the pool. That's where they will collect your money. It's a popular place for tourists that stay in the nearby guest houses as well as the expats that want to lay in the sun and cool off in the pool.

All options, including approx. costs and regardless of distance, but preferably not deep in the city due to traffic and parking problems (and getting lost) -- from serviced apt. on Canal road (121) going North, just 1 Km. shy of Suthep Road.

The pool at the sports club off Chiangmailand Rd is pretty good. I was a member there for awhile, for a very reasonable membership fee of 300B per year plus 20B per day (on days you go). Those prices hail from 3 yrs ago, so it could have gone up.

It would be easy access for you if you had a sticker on your car for the AF base. Just drive through the base, then left onto the airport road till it merges with the 'super', then left onto Chiangmailand Rd.

The pool at the sports club off Chiangmailand Rd is pretty good. I was a member there for awhile, for a very reasonable membership fee of 300B per year plus 20B per day (on days you go). Those prices hail from 3 yrs ago, so it could have gone up.

It would be easy access for you if you had a sticker on your car for the AF base. Just drive through the base, then left onto the airport road till it merges with the 'super', then left onto Chiangmailand Rd.

Sabaijai,

Thanks, but could you explain again in simpler terms using major roads -- I'm new here and don't know squat.

:D

Sabaijai,

Thanks, but could you explain again in simpler terms using major roads -- I'm new here and don't know squat.

Land and House has a public pool, too. Mae Jo road, about Km#5, West side. Look for the big muubaan gates w/guard.

I just remembered that a large public pool opened recently in my muubaan, too. Muubaan Tanawan, Km#2 Mae Jo road. Ask the guard where the pool is, and he'll tell you go dtraight ahead for 300 meters, and it's on the left.

Oh, and the Orchid Hotel on Huay Kaaw has a pool and maybe a steam room, last I heard...

No idea of any prices...

Edited by Ajarn

Sabaijai,

Chiangmailand runs between the 'Super Highway' and Chang Khlan Rd. If you can find Chiangmailand, the pool is on a road one street parallel to the west, towards the S end of Chiangmailand. Might be on the Nancy Chandler map.

Ajarn:  the price for the public pool in Tanawan is 50 baht. I usually go in the morning and usually have the pool to myself. I too live around the corner.

Thanks, I was curious about the price. Do they maintain it well? Any itches? :o

Maybe we're on the same street, too? I'm on the next parallel street over from the pool..333/

Ajarn:  the price for the public pool in Tanawan is 50 baht. I usually go in the morning and usually have the pool to myself. I too live around the corner.

Thanks, I was curious about the price. Do they maintain it well? Any itches? :o

Maybe we're on the same street, too? I'm on the next parallel street over from the pool..333/

and 800/yr membership fee drops the daily to 25 -- looks clean and is big enough for laps. Good call. :D