Fair Price For Riverfront Land

ricklee

I'm looking at a piece of Mekong riverfront land near That Phanom and I'm not sure what fair value is around here. It's about a half acre (sorry, I'm not a rai guy) right on the river - no road between the property and the river. The owner mentioned 400,000 (after she had first mentioned 300,000!) so I'm sure it's negotiable. Can anyone help me out with some information? It's a good lot with a great view and worth 400,000 to me but I don't want to overpay. Thanks!

Near the River Is there a possibility of Flooding ?

If 300k was the first price Thats the price they will take. Ask if that Includes the transfer Tax Don't Offer to pay it yourself that has to be the bottom line and include Chanote for the land.

Also are services close at hand Water and Electricity. Distance to these will push of costs if house building

access road ? Many things here to consider.

maybe they saw you were keen so up went the price Farang Price me thinks.

Thanks for the reply. Flooding shouldn't be a problem - the riverbank is high and there are many houses already built along there. I asked the owner how far the water line will come up to when the river is high - I'm assuming she told me the truth as the nearby houses seem to be OK. Water and electricity are close by too. Yeah, I think she probably kicked herself for saying 300,000 and tried to make a quick correction. I told her she'll have to deal with my wife and I introduced them to each other already. I'd like to take a look at some other property along there for comparison. Where are such things listed? My wife is as inexperienced in buying land along there as I am - though she did buy the house we have now. I want to put it into her hands as much as possible after verifying some things for myself. Thanks again for your help.

Myself and the wife were looking at Mekong riverfront land last year in the Mukdahan area.We were quoted on average a million per rai/500'000 per half-rai(sometimes alot more).

And these were not farang prices.We spent a few days driving along the river responding to 'Land for sale' advertisments,to which the wife would then make the call/price query(no mention of farang).

I'd certainly make a point of checking the chanote/paperwork first.

Good luck

Good day gentleman,

We recently (~ 3 weeks ago) were looking for riverfront land IN TOWN or as close as possible to Mukdahan for a fried in BKK. On the river road South of the Indo-chin market, there are numerous parcels for sale. The bad news is that the price is averaging about 1 million per rai (~ 2.5 rai per acre). These parcels were between 1.5 & 7 rai, IIRC. No body seemed to interested in negotiating. There is A LOT of it for sale down this road. There does not seem to be much if any land for sale North of town.

The good news is that I have a Farang/Western style house for sale on the river, just North of town. You can see the bridge & the Tower from the river bank out back. Sorry for the shameless self promotion, but we would like to sell it sooner than later.

Here is a link to the add posted on this website:

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/real-estat...erty-23650.html

post-46376-1243403837_thumb.jpg

post-46376-1243403861_thumb.jpg

post-46376-1243403907_thumb.jpg