What Type Of Bike Would You Like To Ride The Most?

What style of bike do you prefer?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Automatic transmissions on big bikes is just so wrong... 68.gif

Good it feels wrong to you, cause its really expensive.

First time I drove Tmax I was s ht scared. Felt like no control without gear and clutch, espesialy when rear wheel was spinning loose.... Now I love it :)

I actually realy like the TMax as an island runabout.. But just cant justify the price difference over a cheap thai scooter..

I also find it very hard to adjust to the no engine drag situaton but its a comfy thing for shor hal round town stuff.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, here in Pattaya driving in these conditions, anything bigger than what I own is overkill and a liability unless one does a lot of driving outside the area. (I now own a 135 c.c. Yamaha Elegance). I can see a Honda Phantom, however for larger guys or people wanting a smoother ride. in fact a buddy of mine who is visiting from the U.S. has a 400 c.c. Honda Shadow. I can out accelerate him driving up Second Road. He'd kill me on the open road as one would suspect. And I laugh at the tourists renting sport bikes driving around here all hunched over trying to maneuver their large rental bikes through city traffic because having once owned a BMW 100 K.S. with its narrow bars and sport bike configuration I know these kinds of bikes come into their own at around 80 miles an hour or so and above They feel heavy and ungainly in city traffic.

I've said here time and time again that the Honda Airblade is an excellent machine and one of the best choices for Pattaya driving. But Honda was slower than owlshit at catching Yamaha which introduced its automatics and has been playing catchup ever since. For the U.S. market, I find Honda to be the least innovative company out there because of its unwillingness to supply a wide range of models that reflect the needs or desires of the largest possible customer base. I think Kawasaki has a great thing in its new 650 c.c. bike although I don't care for its styling that much. It's relatively inexpensive. Being only two cylinders its narrow. It weights less than 400 pounds. I think it would be a great all rounder. Best all around bike I ever owned was a 650 cc. BMW shaft driven horizontally opposed twin cylinder that weighed in at just 408 pounds. It was terrific for highway crusing. In one day I easily did 500 miles with my little girlfriend on the back. Most would have regarded it as too small as it was ONLY a 650 but it was a much more comfortable machine for long distance highway driving than the 1000 c.c. BMW sport bike I bought later on and it was great in the city with its low center of gravity, light weight, upright riding position, wide bars, etc.

What Honda has done and been able to do only because public perception (with considerable justification) as the number one quality company out there is to keep convincing a lot of buyers that what they reallly need is that sport bike, that massive highway cruiser (Goldwing), an enemic entry level bike such as the 250 Rebel, or a Harley look alike V-Twin (such as a Honda Shadow). But does Honda have an all rounder? No. A long time ago it had the likes of the 450 CB twins and smaller 350 CB's. There is a huge gap in the Honda lineup. You can get a 250 Rebel which I imagine is about like a 2 cylinder Phantom and thus underpowered for American highway driving or you can get a sport bike and hunch over your bike playing boy racer. Or you can get a V-Twin Cruiser, sit low to the ground and reach up for your handle bars. For some this is just fine but not for me because I want to feel like I'm on top of my bike and on top of its handling. Gold Wings might be the best tourers out there but they are not my cup of tea. Where is an all around good handling comfortable Honda motorcyle with an upright riding position built for U.S. riding conditions Honda with a displacement of between 350 and 650 cc's? As far as I'm concerned Honda has regressed. It used to have bikes I could enjoy with long comfortable seats for two that were good for 90 to 100 miles an hour that were inexpensive and all around performers. My 650 BMW was simply in my mind a more comfortable, very slighly faster German version of Honda's CB 450 that was smoother because of its horizonal twin configuration---therefore preferable to the CB 450 but Honda was on the right track back 30 years ago. Its lost the concept.

BMW has the bases covered much better as it offers sport bikes, comfortable highway cruisers, entry level 650 dual purpose type bikes, 800 c.c. street machines, and a 1000 c.c. plus GS dual purpose bike. All of this at high cost but as far as innovation, the German company leaves Honda in the dust. If I were back living in the U.S. I'd pay the extra cost and go with BMW if I had a good dealer close by or I'd go with Kawasaki.

Dude... ever heard of the Honda VFR? It's won best sport-touring awards for more years than I can recall. Looks like a sport bike, but incredibly comfortable for long distance touring.

The old VFR 750 was sweet, the current VFR 800 is a thing of beauty, and the new VFR1000 looks awesome!

Honda_VFR_800_VTEC.jpg

honda-vfr1000-photo.jpg

If/when I ever return to the US the first thing I'm buying is a new VFR :)

Where do I put my babe? Looks like she's likely to get impaled on that pillon. What I'd like to know is what's wrong with a long seat meant for two people? When I had that BMW 650 while riding solo I could slide all over that seat. I could ride upright using the front pegs or I could position my butt on the rear part of the seat, use the rear pegs and lean far forward whenever I felt like it while cruising down the interstate. By changing positions quickly and at will I felt very comfortable for long periods of time on that BMW. Also the rear passenger is much more comfortable. But now I have the Nouvo Elegance. The long seat comes in real handy not just for the passenger but several times now I've strapped a desktop computer onto the rear section of the seat and transported it to Tuk Com for repair work. I've had 140 kg guys on the back of my Nouvo and I've had a guy and a gal behind me for short stretches. I don't know about the rest of you guys but I like the versatility of the traditional long seat.

Automatic transmissions on big bikes is just so wrong... 68.gif

Good it feels wrong to you, cause its really expensive.

First time I drove Tmax I was s ht scared. Felt like no control without gear and clutch, espesialy when rear wheel was spinning loose.... Now I love it :)

I actually realy like the TMax as an island runabout.. But just cant justify the price difference over a cheap thai scooter..

I also find it very hard to adjust to the no engine drag situaton but its a comfy thing for shor hal round town stuff.

justifying Tmax price over a thai scooter (9,5 Nouvo Elegance 135cc actually) no problem. Its another world. I had both at the same time.

But comparing 555k TMax with LOS made Kawa ER6 225-270k is a tough one. So I ordered a ER6f, and will shift manually until Honda makes the DN-01 in LOS at 350k :D Dreaming. In pearl white

several times now I've strapped a desktop computer onto the rear section of the seat and transported it to Tuk Com for repair work. I've had 140 kg guys on the back of my Nouvo and I've had a guy and a gal behind me for short stretches. I don't know about the rest of you guys but I like the versatility of the traditional long seat.

LOL- if I need to haul a desktop I use a CAR! :D:D:D (If I didn't have a car I'd hire a taxi)

As a general rule guys are not allowed to ride bitch on my bike :):D

BTW, the VFR 800 has an extremely comfortable one piece seat- it's just covered by a seat cowl in the pic I posted:

Honda_VFR_800_VTEC.jpg

Here ya go without the seat cowl:

26165_0_1_2_vfr%20800%20interceptor%20abs_Image%20credits%20-%20Honda.jpg

There's a reason this bike has won all the awards it has. Honda performance and reliability and extremely comfortable.

Happy Trails!

But comparing 555k TMax with LOS made Kawa ER6 225-270k is a tough one. So I ordered a ER6f, and will shift manually until Honda makes the DN-01 in LOS at 350k :D Dreaming. In pearl white

Oy! Is Kwackerzaki accepting deposits now for the ER6f?! I'm gonna have to go bitch slap the sales team at Rama 9 if they are now accepting orders and forgot to call me... :D:D:) (Hopefully they'll put me on the short list like they did for the ER6n) :D

several times now I've strapped a desktop computer onto the rear section of the seat and transported it to Tuk Com for repair work. I've had 140 kg guys on the back of my Nouvo and I've had a guy and a gal behind me for short stretches. I don't know about the rest of you guys but I like the versatility of the traditional long seat.

LOL- if I need to haul a desktop I use a CAR! :D:D:D (If I didn't have a car I'd hire a taxi)

As a general rule guys are not allowed to ride bitch on my bike :):D

T max has a long comfy seat, and a couple of laptops go under the seat. Locked and sealed.

post-81971-1243751751_thumb.jpg

Edited by katabeachbum

Oy! Is Kwackerzaki accepting deposits now for the ER6f?! I'm gonna have to go bitch slap the sales team at Rama 9 if they are now accepting orders and forgot to call me... :D:D:) (Hopefully they'll put me on the short list like they did for the ER6n) :D

Iv tried to get used to the looks of ER6n, but order a ER6f in blue. Still say july 20th, but I reckon september. They say 255k but I reckon 270k. :D

ex Goldwinger and Heritage Softail rider

Both are a joke in LOS unless you are on the super highway of course

I ride a Honda Phantom 200cc single.

It fits my fat ass, almost.

Its enough to get the GF and I up the hills and easy to park anywhere and it's agile in traffic.

A big bike is a pain in the ass to park and manavour in city traffic.. stay back with the cars.

Might as well have a car~!

HI

Thats just BS, why cant you drive them in Thailand???, maybe not good in BKK but elsewhere why not, never heard anything like it!!!!

He(?) is Canadian. What else would you expect?

Do yourself a favour and sit in the cafe in the Harley dealership and see what goes through. Blew me away how many big bike tourers are out there in Thailand.

This bike intrigues me...

Boss Hoss with a 5700 cc V8 engine (GM 350 Targetmaster)

post-84230-1243877065_thumb.jpg

Don't think I'd want to own it - looks like a huge, heavy pig of a bike, but would love to ride it- just once. Point it at a few miles of straight road and run it to the redline.

Wonder what it sounds like?

Edited by RocketScientist

I,ve just parted ways with my V-Max , had the same bike for almost 8 years.(145 hp US Model)

OK it could be a hand full but first away from the lights each time.post-8817-1243899172_thumb.jpg

When I do get round to my next bike ,,hopefully soon.

I will be looking closely at the "Triumph" street nipple 675cc or a "Triumph" speed nipple 1050cc.

Like the look of the new VFR800 ,, but my feelings are with naked bikes / birds.

edit== I saw a new VMax on the road a few weeks ago,,1700cc . Almost twice the size of the old one,,physically. A real beast.

Edited by soihok

post-8817-1243900671_thumb.jpgpost-8817-1243900830_thumb.jpg

As far as I know,,,not available in Thailand .....yet.

Anyone have more info.

Couldn,t see me getting one though. It,ld probably cost twice as much as my house.

post-8817-1243900761_thumb.jpg

post-8817-1243900671_thumb.jpgpost-8817-1243900830_thumb.jpg

As far as I know,,,not available in Thailand .....yet.

Anyone have more info.

Couldn,t see me getting one though. It,ld probably cost twice as much as my house.

Great Pics ...i love this new vmax...just sold mine a few month back...us specs 145 hp. I am not the time for driving distances enough to allow myself the luxury of owning a Vmax.... when i got the "time" it is certainly a bike to look at ...but my favorite would be the KTM Duke, different style bike though.Or a KTM superduke... Maybe i will end up having all of them:-) A distant dream i guess...here some pics of the Ktm's

ktm duke:

post-39208-1243908356_thumb.jpg

and that the superduke:

post-39208-1243908459_thumb.jpg

mbox

Yes,,forgot that one.

KTM Superduke. Not sure about the legality in Thailand ,,also spares etc,,,but well worth considering.

Also toyed with the idea of a Ducati HyperMotard...very nice.

post-8817-1243917642_thumb.jpg

post-8817-1243918005_thumb.jpg

Edited by soihok

post-73185-1243920712_thumb.jpgpost-73185-1243920649_thumb.jpg

Looks like it was built by the same shop as the Dream machine seen at Bangkok bike fest, for just 600,000 baht loverly :)

post-73185-1243920942_thumb.jpg

The new Rocker C I like this one too,this is at Chang Freemans

post-73185-1243921071_thumb.jpg

My trusty Transalp

post-73185-1243921307_thumb.jpg

My Streetbob '07 love this bike

post-73185-1243921622_thumb.jpg

This a beauty the "Folk bike" built by Thor choppers in Bangkok, never seen it at any of the bike weeks though

:)

Sorry.

Horses for courses.

. 600,000 baht for a tractor. I,ll ask my father in law.

Everyone has their own feeling and expectations with bikes and I respect your post.

Please dont take my reply in any kind of derespect as its not aimed that way,, but sorry mate. Are you a farmer ?

Edited by soihok

I`m a Honda man.......But for thailand I would have to convert to the Green bloood and go with a Kwaka Z750,Perfect for Thailand conditions...

MIVV_Suono_KawasakiZ750.jpg

Too bad Kawasaki doesn't sell them in Thailand...

Red Baron has had a sexy black Z1000 sitting on their floor for many months- They are asking 520,000฿...

I'm sure the price could be haggled down a bit.

080706-0000290.jpg

Let the Good Times Roll!

Tony

OHH sexy to say the least.

I,ve had a few traffic light meetings with the big zed ,,on my V Max. It was close,,very close.

Looks good dont it?

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Did you actually click on the pictures?? post-73185-1243935422_thumb.jpg

A tractor???F.F.S.

I just thought that it looked similar to the red Ideas bike that's all, and a few fellas on here seemed to like that bike, for me it's too extreme,nice to look at but.

post-73185-1243935896_thumb.jpg

Here's a bike that's the same make and model as mine, I've got to say I really like the way it's been modded

post-73185-1243936159_thumb.jpg

As for the farmer quip your off the Christmas card list :)

Here's a bike that's the same make and model as mine, I've got to say I really like the way it's been modded

post-73185-1243936159_thumb.jpg

As for the farmer quip your off the Christmas card list :)

I've never understood those high handlebars.

Apart from looking ridiculous, aren't they awfully uncomfortable - as well as dangerous???

Thanks for the GPZ photo.

Brings back loads of memories.

Farmers are the salt of the earth.......my entire Thai family are farmers and sure would put use some the bikes pictured here.

Belt drive or not.

So whats yer bike Dave Boo,,,or you dont do bikes?

Just comment on comments?