Work Permit Without A Company

Can a foreigner married to a Thai with a non-imm "O" marriage visa obtain a work permit to conduct business in partnership with their spouse in any other way than the B2M paid up capital limited company route?

For instance, can a foreigner work for their Thai spouse if he or she is registered as a sole trader? Can the couple form a partnership (limited or otherwise) or registered business (as opposed to a limited company) that will allow the foreigner in the business to work legally?

I believe that the registered company is the only route but through a little desk research I have not been able to discount the possibility of there being alternatives.

I'm interested to learn what the experts and combined knowledge of ThaiVisa have to say on this, thanks in advance,

JxP

Yes it possible for your wife to register a business as a sole trader and you get a work permit.

The labor act allows for this and there is clause in it that reduces the the number of employees to 2 from 4 and the company income requrements are also reduced by half if you are married to a Thai.

Yes it possible for your wife to register a business as a sole trader and you get a work permit.

The labor act allows for this and there is clause in it that reduces the the number of employees to 2 from 4 and the company income requrements are also reduced by half if you are married to a Thai.

Thank you ubonjoe, very interesting, much appreciated.

Do you happen to know of any websites that give details of sole trader registration with particular reference to including a foreign employee?

JxP

• 1 year later...