Actor David Carradine Dead in Bangkok

medegen

From yesterday's Bangkok Post, "...Police Officer said a cord taken from a curtain was tied to the actor's penis and connected to his neck. It was also disclosed that a penis shrine was set up in the room and many pairs of colored underpants with the bottoms cut out were also found."

Any further info on this particular proclivity? Someone has to get to the bottom of this!

Yes , the plot thickens..........

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you geratrickid for some sound logic. What is with the people who are constantly looking for something else other than the obvious. Because the obvious is not always the truth, that is why people are questioning. Surprised you say that if you were a criminal investigator in the US military. Thought you would have had different standards On the surface it's a sex thing that went wrong. Not murder, not suicide. 14 pages of posts with many looking for something suspicious or a coverup by the Thai police who want it to appear a suicide.

Probaby the first reaction by the Thai police was to assume suicide wthen one sees a rope around someone neck. Initial police response and those responding not familiar with auto asphyxiation aspect would need other professionals to investigate. Unfortunately things get mixed up with the news because too many people without comprehensive knowledge make statements to the news. First thing I assumed was sex thing that went wrong based on the description of the cord wrapped around genitals and neck. Nothing more nothing less. As a person who was a criminal investigator for the US Air Force when I was in the miltary, auto asphyxiation was a basic concept taught when investigating a murder case when someone was found like this. As someone said more common than one would think. Hands tied mean nothing as he most probably did this himself. An expert could tell from crime scene photographs what the most likely sceniaro was for the death. Just too many new reports without definitive knowledge floating around causing way too much speculation. Wait for the facts when the investigation is completed. Why speculate about something other than the obvious until the report is out? Another poster has commented on this but you keep saying "other than the obvious" whch suggests you have already closed this case

An unfortunate occurance for him. He has lived a somewhat "screwed-up" life like so many in Hollywood. Five marriages, drugs, alcohol problems. Nothing new in Hollywood, right. Just another unfotunated Hollywood personality with problems. Unfortunate that so many in Hollywood can't handle the fame and money, that come their way. Let's let him RIP.

It would appear to be a sex act gone wrong imho. My guess is that Carradine had picked up an available individual and he was suffocated while playing his games. The individual probably then placed him in the armoire to do two things: avoid immediate detection and make it look like a suicide. If not articles were taken from the room then their was likely no motivation beyond turning a trick.

However, such a hotel should have security cameras in place to detect whether anyone else entered the room.

It's possible he could have done this on his own but I'd rather doubt it.

It appears it was suicide or a sex act gone wrong. No suggestion of murder!

Whether he died on a high or low, it is a waste of life, let him rest in peace.

Each person entitled to their opinion, but I see no hint or appearance of suicide in this case.

It would appear to be a sex act gone wrong imho. My guess is that Carradine had picked up an available individual and he was suffocated while playing his games. The individual probably then placed him in the armoire to do two things: avoid immediate detection and make it look like a suicide. If not articles were taken from the room then their was likely no motivation beyond turning a trick.

However, such a hotel should have security cameras in place to detect whether anyone else entered the room.

It's possible he could have done this on his own but I'd rather doubt it.

Losworld if you read previous postings you will see camera footage was checked and no one entered the room after the maid that cleaned prior to mr carradine returning and after mr carradine returned. Police conclusion he was alone at the time

I don't want to add any credence to either the murder or suicide theories, but I am wondering about the reluctance of the hotel to release the CCTV footage and the statement that when they had, the police hadn't reviewed it. In my experience here, it's quite common for cameras not to be working at all or not to be turned on. I even know of one place that has cameras that aren't even connected to a monitor! The guards say that no one knows this--but if you ask, they will tell you.

This is a good hotel and probably not one to cut corners in this way, but hopefully someone will check this out to remove any doubt.

I don't want to add any credence to either the murder or suicide theories, but I am wondering about the reluctance of the hotel to release the CCTV footage and the statement that when they had, the police hadn't reviewed it. In my experience here, it's quite common for cameras not to be working at all or not to be turned on. I even know of one place that has cameras that aren't even connected to a monitor! The guards say that no one knows this--but if you ask, they will tell you.

This is a good hotel and probably not one to cut corners in this way, but hopefully someone will check this out to remove any doubt.

There is or was no reluctance by the hotel to release cctv footage, It was immediatly released to police on request. Alll was checked as per my previous post

The family's call for an FBI investigation is part of the "spin" to misdirect interested people from what actually happened. To many dying of auto-erotic asphyxiation is distasteful so the family doesn't want this accident to be David's legacy. Quite understandable and the spin doctors are really earning their money this time.

Calling for the FBI to join in an investigation is a classic move that normally gives the appearance that the current crop of investigators cannot do their job and the investigation is truly messed up. I retired from law enforcement after 34 years and worked extensively with the FBI. I even attended the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Virginia in the 90's. There are currently a few thousand special agents spread throughout the world. After the Cold War and before 9/11 they really didn't have a true mission and floundered around greatly, getting involved in investigations they really had not business being involved in and screwing up most of their own. Post 9/11 there only mission imperative is terrorism.

The reason the FBI is called upon is the reputation of the FBI has carefully crafted for more than 60 years by their own spin doctors. A major component of the FBI is its public relations department's own spin doctors. In truth, the FBI does not have resources nor the expertise to investigate a homicide in Bangkok properly. The FBI's name is invoked because of television shows and movies about a crime fighting organization that is internationally recognized as a premier investigative agency which it is not. A more modern example is the CSI television franchise that leads people to believe any crime can be solved in an hour.

I have walked through this hotel on umpteen occasions from Soi Somkid (Central Chid Lom) to Wireless Road (Nai Lert Building).

Never have I been asked to show ID. Not once. I did try to get in to the phallus park (Nai Lert Park) on one occasion but was told it was closed. I was not asked for ID on that occasion either.

However I have not tried to enter the hotel building itself. Perhaps then, ID would be requested.

I've waited sometime to clarify this post it has just come thru, No shrine was found in the room although it has being reported in the papers.

My source says this is just media hype to keep the story going during a lack of info forth coming. My source is reliable 100%

His most recent ex-wife, Marina Anderson, accused the actor of "deviant sexual behavior which was potentially deadly." The alleged behavior wasn't described in the court documents.

Edited by ubonjoe
changed to default font no need to shout ubonjoe

People, put your thinking caps on. The cause of death may be important for some people with a vested financial interest in the deceased's estate because the it may have an impact upon the proceeds of life insurance and Accident policies. If it was a murder, the proceeds from the insurance may pay more than if it was a simple death by misadventure or suicide. Some policies exclude payments for suicide. hence the need to firmly establish that ther was no suicide.

Outside experts are retained with the express purpose of supporting a position. It is no different than an accused drunk driver in the west obtaining "expert" medical advice to try and demonstrate an alternative reason for why the blood alcohol reading registered 0.1 (blood sugar or metabolism or testing isssues etc.) The expert opinion is intended to introduce doubt and present an alternative explanation to support the defendant's position. That expert's goal is not to prove anything, only to poke holes in the other side's conclusion. This is face saving and denial on the part of the family. It may also very well be financially motivated. After all, how many of you would want the world to know your husband or father was found dead in a closet in this manner? How many of you would want to forgo a 3X payout instead of a face policy payout on an a policy?

In the matter of the FBI investigating, the FBI has no jurisdiction and no basis on which to waste US taxpayers money on an exercise that will yield nothing new.

It is highly improbable that the chambermaid changed the room. Believe it or not, and the TV members that work in the large hotels can confirm this, staff are instructed to immediately leave a room and call for management assistance. This procedure is most likely to be followed at the western based hotels where there are actual life and safety training programs. From a practical point of view, I doubt the lady would start cleaning with a dead body in the wardrobe. Would you?

There is no conspiracy. There was no murder.

Thank you

I am reasonably sure that the bulk of this guys money won't be due to life or accident insurance. I am reasonably sure the family is sufficiently wealthy to not need the proceeds from these either.

It would seem that with regard to out of taste photos being splashed over Thai media, karma may well be catching up with the those involved. "Som na na" springs to mind. I hope at the very least , the newspapers involved are made to grovel and give an apology.

When it comes to empathy and altruism, Thai officials and media (mostly) have a lot to learn.

David Carradine's death linked to secret kung <deleted> sects

David Carradine's family fear he was murdered to silence his investigation into deadly underground martial arts organisations.

The actor was found hanging in a hotel room in Bangkok, Thailand on Thursday, at the age of 72.

His family is waiting for the official cause of death - but they refuse to acknowledge he may have committed suicide or died taking part in a dangerous sex game.

Instead they want America's Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI) to probe the possibility he was killed by assassins.

During an appearance on Larry King's talk show on Friday lawyer Mark Geragos revealed Carradine was investigating secret kung <deleted> societies, whose members had the motive and means to kill him.

When the topic was raised by a panelist on the show, Geragos responded, "Absolutely. What that means is connected to martial arts and his interest in martial arts. So there is a suspicion of foul play. That may be the first area where they should look."

- WENN.com / 2009-06-08

Family upset over photos of Carradine's body

Carradine mystery deepens, family seeks FBI help

LOS ANGELES - The family of late actor David Carradine is "profoundly disturbed" by photos published in Thailand that are said to be of Carradine's naked body hanging in his Bangkok hotel room, according to family attorney Mark Geragos.

Geragos said a statement from the actor's brother, Keith Carradine, shows that the family will take legal action against people or media outlets that publish the photos "for invasion of privacy and causing severe emotional distress."

The Thai-language newspaper Thai Rath published photos that show the body of Carradine, who died on June 3 in Bangkok where he was filming a new movie called "Stretch."

Mystery has surrounded his death following initial reports that he had committed suicide -- claims his family has denied repeatedly. On Saturday, Geragos said Carradine's family had asked the FBI to look into the death.

The family has hired a forensics pathologist to examine the actor's body when it is returned to the United States.

Thai newspapers said the body left Bangkok on Saturday, which Geragos confirmed at the time. The body is expected to arrive in Los Angeles as early as Sunday.

A maid found Carradine hanging in the closet of his hotel suite at Bangkok's plush Swissotel Nai Lert Park hotel. With coroners awaiting results of toxicology tests, Thai media pointed to suicide or accidental autoerotic asphyxiation as possible causes of death.

Thai officials have said it could take several weeks before the results of an autopsy performed in Bangkok are released.

- Reuters / 2009-06-08

From yesterday's Bangkok Post, "...Police Officer said a cord taken from a curtain was tied to the actor's penis and connected to his neck. It was also disclosed that a penis shrine was set up in the room and many pairs of colored underpants with the bottoms cut out were also found."

Any further info on this particular proclivity? Someone has to get to the bottom of this!

Plain and simply kinky kupboad love,.now lets move on,. :)

Hmm..dunno if i quite agree with that hypothesis. I would tink, particularly if you have a fear of ghosts and things, the first thing you would do if you discover a dead body in a room, even if you were the maid, you would high tail it out of there.. no?
Spot on, and that may explain the footprint on the bed as hers where she left the room in two giant footsteps ! :)

Secret Kung <deleted> sect 'killed Kill Bill Bill'

KILL Bill star David Carradine was murdered by kung <deleted> killers, his family claimed last night.

Relatives of the US actor suggested he was assassinated for delving into the activities of shadowy martial arts sects.

Carradine, 72, hero of 1970s series Kung <deleted>, was found dead in a hotel in Bangkok naked and with a rope round his neck, wrists and manhood.

Thai police think he died as a result of a bondage game.

But his family's lawyer said it was possible he was targeted for trying to expose underworld groups.

Speaking on the Larry King Live chat show on US television, lawyer Mark Geragos said there had been "conflicting reports" about the death.

A member of the show's panel said: "David was very interested in investigating and disclosing secret societies."

Geragos replied: "Absolutely. What that means is connected to his interest in martial arts."

"And so there is a suspicion that if there was some foul play, that may be the first area they should look."

The claim echoed conspiracy theories that martial arts expert Bruce Lee was killed by Chinese Triads in 1973.

Secret societies in kung <deleted> date back centuries and were originally formed to protect humble people from corrupt Chinese overlords. But many have since turned to crime.

Carradine's family have urged America's FBI to send agents to Thailand and get their own view on the case.

Hanging

Authorities in the Thai capital, where the actor was making a new movie, believe he died in an act of autoerotic asphyxiation - cutting off oxygen to his brain.

And a Bangkok newspaper angered his family by printing a photo of his body hanging from a rail in a wardrobe.

Carradine had been fascinated with martial arts since he landed the role of wandering monk Kwai Chang Caine in Kung <deleted>, an adventure series set in the Wild West.

He had dusted off his martial arts moves 30 years later for the title role in director Quentin Tarantino's pair of Kill Bill movies.

The five-times wed star's last ex-wife, actress Marina Anderson, said after they divorced he had indulged in "potentially deadly" kinky sex acts.

But speaking yesterday about his family's theory, she said: "If he was involved in secret societies, it was a secret even I didn't know about."

Another ex-wife, Gail Jensen, said he was "pretty strange" and loved bondage.

- The Sun (UK) / 2009-06-08

The five-times wed star's last ex-wife, actress Marina Anderson, said after they divorced he had indulged in "potentially deadly" kinky sex acts.

But speaking yesterday about his family's theory, she said: "If he was involved in secret societies, it was a secret even I didn't know about."

Another ex-wife, Gail Jensen, said he was "pretty strange" and loved bondage.

There you have it.

Hmm..dunno if i quite agree with that hypothesis. I would tink, particularly if you have a fear of ghosts and things, the first thing you would do if you discover a dead body in a room, even if you were the maid, you would high tail it out of there.. no?
Spot on, and that may explain the footprint on the bed as hers where she left the room in two giant footsteps ! :D

This going to make an interesting movie, not matter what happened. This movie will not be good promotionable material for tourist or Bangkok finest. :)

Clearly it was AEA. He had the rope around his neck, over the rod in the closet and then around his hands. I bet if they measured, if he was sitting on the bottom of the closet with his arms raised over his head, the rope would not be tight. It would take him folding his arms over his head like throwing in a football (soccer ball) to make the length shorter (his arms and the rope). If he passed out, he would fall, his arms would stretch out making the length longer again, and relaxing the rope. Maybe the knot did not loosen due to the type of rope, or some other problem.

Edited by jstumbo

We made it 15 pages without anyone raising the spectre of decreased tourism. But here we go.

I would think it would have the opposite effect. As the likely cause is auto-erotic aphysxiation, this had nothing to do with Bangkok, and actually serves as free publicity.

Edited by Jingthing

The family's lawyers are going to prosecute any media outlet that publishes the photos???

This is a sad story and everyone feels bad for the relatives but they cannot say they will change the media culture in this country. they will/should not change the rules for one person, no matter how famous he is. Thai media always show photographs we would never see in the west without searching for it. this does not mean that it's right, it's just the way it is.

I have to laugh at all the amateur detectives. every time someone dies there is a million reasons for it splashed all over these pages.

secret kung <deleted> sects? suicide? it'll be thaksin's revenge next.

the family would feel worse reading the BS on sites such as this than they will from seeing a photo in the newspaper.

what a way to go!!