Thai's Are Concerned

cigarchuck

In the UK there have been 1,005 confirmed cases of swine flu. Only 28 were ever admitted to hospital. Yesterday the UK government announced that it would no longer carry out blood tests people on suspected of having swine flu on the basis that it is giving exactly the same treatment to people with swine flu as people with any other flu strain. It is also going to stop trying to trace people who have come into contact with infected individuals.

In Pattaya there are 17 case. All have been confined to hospital and the places they worked in have been closed down.

People seeing that Thai government's response are going to be worried.

Because I think most of the falang are smart enough to know this flu is nothing serious.

When people start DYING at the rate they are catching this silly flu, then I'll worry about it. The normal flu kills 100x more than this one does, yet nobody fears it. This fear of swine flu mixing with bird flu is fear mongering at its best. There bird flu virus is not even going around right now. You would actually need that virus in order for it to mix with anything.

I'm calling media hype on this one. Perhaps to keep the world from focusing on the real economic issue? Something just doesn't add up about it.

In Pattaya there are 17 case.

I am amazed anyone really believes there are only 17 cases. This spreads easily, all those staff have friends and families, and had it before they were identified. I would estimate it is probably thousands of cases now. Most people with a mild flu just work on it or stay home a few days, infecting others.

There are people get sick from the flu for sure, however in the this case it might be "I see I do" you see many Thai people wearing the face Mask, so many local will do like wise. My opinion H1N1 is a serious strains of the Flu World wide, but no mass deaths from it yet, a few case here and there, is possible why not many farangs seem to concern. If I recall correctly there was a man in Hong Kong that had made a recovery from this Flu.(?) :)

Edited by BigSnake