Battered Tourism Sector Seeks Urgent Government Help

george

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, let's put it this way. I don't recall ever entering(visa exempt or visa on arrival) a foreign country without completing an arrival card of some type, Thailand, just the same. Let me know if you know exceptions.

Yeah, but many countries give you 3 to 6 months for that, visa free! Why not Thailand?

Which "many countries" would those be? I agree some are more liberal, Malaysia, Singapore, P.I. But, I had to pay to get a visa for Laos, my undertsanding I would have to get a visa for China, Viet Nam, Indonesia, and Cambodia just to even enter. How does that make Thailand so far out of line?

At least one is Chile. Three months on a border crossing. No limit on number of permissions. Going to a consulate not required.

"Ok, let's put it this way. I don't recall ever entering(visa exempt or visa on arrival) a foreign country without completing an arrival card of some type, Thailand, just the same. Let me know if you know exceptions. . . Yeah, but many countries give you 3 to 6 months for that, visa free! Why not Thailand?"

I traveled for 17 years to the Philippines, lived there for 1.5 years, and had a business there -- I never once stepped foot into their immigration office and don't even know where it's located.

Renewing your Visa simply required going to a travel agent once every six months, dropping off your passport, paying a small fee, and your passport would be returned the next day with your 6 month renewal stamp. For an additional 50 Pesos, they would deliver it to your residence.

As a retiree in "Amazing Thailand", I have to pay 6 visits to the Immigration office each year and cough up tons of intrusive personal data just to stay "legal".

Ok, let's put it this way. I don't recall ever entering(visa exempt or visa on arrival) a foreign country without completing an arrival card of some type, Thailand, just the same. Let me know if you know exceptions.

Yeah, but many countries give you 3 to 6 months for that, visa free! Why not Thailand?

Which "many countries" would those be? I agree some are more liberal, Malaysia, Singapore, P.I. But, I had to pay to get a visa for Laos, my undertsanding I would have to get a visa for China, Viet Nam, Indonesia, and Cambodia just to even enter. How does that make Thailand so far out of line?

At least one is Chile. Three months on a border crossing. No limit on number of permissions. Going to a consulate not required.

There are several countries that give 3 months, but the point was, there are probably just as many that do not. At least with Thailnad, many can enter 30 days without a visa. But, most have to have a visa to simply enter, China, etc.

Edited by beechguy