Confirmation Of Income Letter Required From Uk Embassy ?

Hi,in a couple of months I am hoping to extend my Non O Visa based on retirement.

Since the pound slipped my pension income is a bit less than the 65,000 baht requirement but I have over 400k in a Thai bank account.

So I am basing my application on a combination of pension plus money in the bank.

I have had the Thai bank account for over 6 months so the 400k is topped up with my monthly retirement income that I live off.ie.both the monthly pension income and balance are shown in my Thai bank book.

Will I still require to get a Confirmation of Income Letter from the UK Embassy although the monies are in a Thai bank account ?

Thanks.

As long as you have above the 800k level 2 months first time and 3 month each year after you will only need the bank passbook/copies and bank letter. There is no need for pension letter if you are not using it.

For some reason you said 400k and that is not enough for retirement extension of stay so if using only that amount you would also require the pension letter. If using both there would not be any requirement for funds to be in bank other then when doing the extension of stay.

Yes you will need the income letter from the embassy.

You need to show proof of both the income and money in the bank totaling 800,000 baht or more.

So you will need the bank letter and copies of your bank book also. The money only has to be in the bank on the date of application.

As long as you have above the 800k level 2 months first time and 3 month each year after you will only need the bank passbook/copies and bank letter. There is no need for pension letter if you are not using it.

For some reason you said 400k and that is not enough for retirement extension of stay so if using only that amount you would also require the pension letter. If using both there would not be any requirement for funds to be in bank other then when doing the extension of stay.

Sorry,I dont think I made myself clear.

Is it possible to use the combination method by either....

a) say 55,000 monthly = (12 x 55,000 = 660,000) plus 140,000 in the bank totals 800,000. *note actual balance held is 400,000.

:) 400,000 bank money plus 33500 monthly (12 x 33500 = 402,000) so total would be 802,000. *note actual monthly is 55,000.

Useing either method I am still over the 800k requirement and both monthly (55,000) plus balance already held (400,000) are in my Thai bank book for 6 months.

But I presume I still need the Embassy letter for the monthly income of 55,000 ?

Yes as long as they total 800k or more. You will need both the letter of income from Embassy and the bank book/letter from bank.

1.So if I have a letter stating 50,000 per month = 600,000 and 250,000+ in the bank this will suffice?

2. Does the bank book have to show 50,000 coming into the account each month or is the letter sufficient evidence of income?

3.Does the 250,000 (or the 800,000 if you use this route) have to come from outside Thailand? (There are a number of deposits from outside ie:100,000 per transaction which is used for day to day expenses)

thanks

Edited by Tafia

Thanks mario

There is some income from outside approx 100,000 per transaction for living expenses so it does show something of ins and outs but I didnt want to deposit a huge sum here or have my pension paid here and your answers will suit my requirements as well as fulfilling Imm wants.

I wanted to use combination simply to counteract any dip in exchange rates.

Thanks again

Gentlemen, clarification please. Funds need to be in a Thai bank 60 days, 90 days, or day of extension request? Also can someone help me locate a bank in Bangkok who will allow me to open a savings account in my name only without a work permit.Standing by for response. :)

Edited by delmersomsri

Bangkok Bank officially does not require a work permit for a savings account. Many others do not. But you have to visit branch by branch to find a manager willing to open. They are available.

For retirement one year extension of stay:

1st application of extension of stay using bank account only requires 2 months in account.

2nd or later application for extension of stay using bank account only requires 3 months in account.

Application using combined bank account and income letter does not require money in account for any fixed period of time.

Bangkok Bank officially does not require a work permit for a savings account. Many others do not. But you have to visit branch by branch to find a manager willing to open. They are available.

1st application of extension of stay using bank account only requires 2 months in account.

2nd or later application for extension of stay using bank account only requires 3 months in account.

Application using combined bank account and income letter does not require money in account for any fixed period of time.

What about a farang couple do you need 2 lots of 800,000 or will one suffice

One is enough. Only one of the couple gets the retirement extension. The other gets an extension as their dependent. The bank account has to be in the name of the person that is going to do the retirement extension. If you have a joint account they will want to see double the money.

One is enough. Only one of the couple gets the retirement extension. The other gets an extension as their dependent. The bank account has to be in the name of the person that is going to do the retirement extension. If you have a joint account they will want to see double the money.

Thanks for the help

John