I Want To Paint My Wave A Different Colour

-noodles-

I want to take the stickers off my green Honda Wave and paint it black.

Has anyone seen any paint shops around or can recommend any?

I just had a quote at a bike dealer of 4,000 baht for new black plastic but thought i could save a bit but getting the existing stuff painted.

I have spoken with Transport Dept and apparently the procedure for changing colours is to take the receipt from the paint shop into them so they can update the green book with the new colour.

Thanks for any info :)

Buy the plastics,to have it painted will be more expensive.

I would have thought 1 hour of labour and a litre of paint would cost less than 4,000 baht.

I will take the plastic off myself and take it to him so he can hang it up on some wire and spray it.... just need to find someone who can do it.

I would have thought 1 hour of labour and a litre of paint would cost less than 4,000 baht.

I will take the plastic off myself and take it to him so he can hang it up on some wire and spray it.... just need to find someone who can do it.

If you are going to do that why not spray it yourself with some cans of spray, you know, hanging up on a tree branch at the roadside!! :)

Or buy the plastics as stated above and keep the old plastics for when you prang it! :D

It will take alot longer than an hour to prep, prime, wet flat, paint and polish your plastics.

If correct materials are not used for painting your plastics (plastic primer etc) the finish will probably be poor and possibly flake off in a very short time.

I would advise buying new plastics and trying to sell your original plastics??

If you are going to do that why not spray it yourself with some cans of spray, you know, hanging up on a tree branch at the roadside!! :)

Or buy the plastics as stated above and keep the old plastics for when you prang it! :D

Yes i'd do it myself but apparently the Transport Dept need a receipt from a paint shop in order to modify the green book.

I'm sure there's away around it if i paint it myself. Surely they can check the frame number etc to verify it is the same bike and not a different one. I bet a lot of Somchai's do the same thing without going to a paint shop.

It will take alot longer than an hour to prep, prime, wet flat, paint and polish your plastics.

If correct materials are not used for painting your plastics (plastic primer etc) the finish will probably be poor and possibly flake off in a very short time.

I would advise buying new plastics and trying to sell your original plastics??

Yes good points. I was also thinking the prep would be important when spraying plastic or else it will flake off easily.

Hmmm, yes i think i will shop around and try and buy new plastic and keep the old as spare.

The 4,000 baht quote came from the dealer on corner of Pattaya Tai and 3rd Road.

I found a place that sells new plastic for 1,900 a set and i found a shop that will change it over for 300 baht.

Both are on Pattaya Tai.

plastic is no substitute for paint.

you will have upset a lot of japanese with that move, thay have a thing for painting waves you know! :)

If you are buying the new parts, you about know that they are unoriginal, but you know that they will fit.

if you are re painting the whole thing, then anyway you will have to buy all the stickers on the plastic.

they also cost something.

but if you are changing all the stuff that you have on the bike. then my advise is to buy all new and then out the others aside.

Also, What model is it? what is the Year of the Model and from who did you get it from?

If you know what Background the bike has then sometime you should be think how the engine is in shape.

It is better to us a Green book with the Year 2009, better then it says 2001.

a good engine (longer lasting) is better then a good looking bike with a bad engine (shorter lasting from the day bought.)

I sound this out when i was working as a Mechanic for a wile.

Original plastic costs 1,900 vs 4,000 for original plastic.

I bought the bike from a guy on here for 10k and it's a 125cc "R" model, 5 years old.

It seems well looked after but i ain't no mechanic. Yeah i hope the copy plastic i'm buying fits ok and everything lines up properly :D

I was going to go with paint instead of replacing but not sure how well they would prep it and if it was done badly and it got scratched, you'd be able to see the original colour (green) underneath.

Stickers cost 180 baht a set but i don't want to put any stickers on it. I think it looks better de-stickered :)

If you are buying the new parts, you about know that they are unoriginal, but you know that they will fit.

if you are re painting the whole thing, then anyway you will have to buy all the stickers on the plastic.

they also cost something.

but if you are changing all the stuff that you have on the bike. then my advise is to buy all new and then out the others aside.

Also, What model is it? what is the Year of the Model and from who did you get it from?

If you know what Background the bike has then sometime you should be think how the engine is in shape.

It is better to us a Green book with the Year 2009, better then it says 2001.

a good engine (longer lasting) is better then a good looking bike with a bad engine (shorter lasting from the day bought.)

I sound this out when i was working as a Mechanic for a wile.