Applying For 1 & 5 Year Thai Driving Licences

astral

Many thanks to Rokir, this test is a very good idea indeed. I thought I knew all the answers, but I answered only 26 correctly (87%) so would have failed. There is nothing obvious about many of these questions! I need to practice until I can get them all right.

By the way, I think question 29 has the wrong picture? None of the answers made any sense (but I somehow guessed the correct answer anyway).

I am looking forward to practicing with the other two sets of 30 questions, when you get the time to add them.

Thanks for feedback, i appreciate it! Will try to make an update on next weekend and will post about it here.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello again, guys!

I am glad to tell you, that i am added final 60 questions to the online test. Link: thaidriving.info

Will be awesome to hear your feedback if i made something wrong. Hope it will be useful for somebody.

Stay tuned and good luck on the roads of Thailand! ;-)

Thank you very much. This is exactly what I need if I am ever going to pass that test.

I just worked through your practice test and found the following problems:-

Question 29 - the picture does not load (broken link)

Questions 40,41,47,51,64,80,81 - all of the answers are blank, just give a filename for a jpg

The final result seems to give the number answered correctly, not the number of errors.

Otherwise it works great!

Question 55 has a typo in the correct answer (20 instead of 30).

I compared to PDF files that I used in preparation. where the correct answer is offered:

"The minumum speed limit is 30 kilometers per hour"

Question 5 is a running gag. I had it in the electronic test and made a point with the answer in bold.

Utter nonsense gives you a point blink.png

post-99794-0-08917300-1440401892_thumb.j

In another question the correct sign and answer is shown laugh.png

post-99794-0-77165000-1440401994_thumb.j

Edited by KhunBENQ

Thank you very much. This is exactly what I need if I am ever going to pass that test.

I just worked through your practice test and found the following problems:-

Question 29 - the picture does not load (broken link)

Questions 40,41,47,51,64,80,81 - all of the answers are blank, just give a filename for a jpg

The final result seems to give the number answered correctly, not the number of errors.

Otherwise it works great!

Thanks you! Fixed.

Question 55 has a typo in the correct answer (20 instead of 30).

I compared to PDF files that I used in preparation. where the correct answer is offered:

"The minumum speed limit is 30 kilometers per hour"

Question 5 is a running gag. I had it in the electronic test and made a point with the answer in bold.

Utter nonsense gives you a point blink.png

attachicon.gifcapture_020_01072015_140549.jpg

In another question the correct sign and answer is shown laugh.png

attachicon.gifcapture_006_01072015_144623.jpg

Sorry, i don't understand. So, what should i change? There is an error with a sign in a 5 question?

Last question shows a text in Cyrillic. Maybe "proceed to results"?

Yeah, changed it. Thanks!

Not sure if relevant but my wife informed me that anyone taking a motorbike or car test has to sit down (presumably in a class) for 8 hours as of September rather than 4 hours. She was extremely pleased as passed her theory test last week.

Sorry, i don't understand. So, what should i change? There is an error with a sign in a 5 question?

No, not your fault. Don't change.

Just saying that this silly question/answer is provided by the DLT this way. None of the answers is correct in reality, but you have to tick "Do not pass" to make a point biggrin.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

• 4 weeks later...

Just took my Uk Permit ,medical 40 baht and letter from village boss to local Lomsak office , and was given a one year permit for car and motorbike last September. just renewed both permits and to my surprise they gave me 5 1/2 years which runs til my next birthday in 2021

I'm planning to apply for the 5 Years Drivers Licence when my 1 Year Licence expires in Dec. I need to clarify what the Licencing Authority mean about "Residence Registration" & "Certified Resident Report" documents, and where and how to get them?

I own a condo unit in my own name.

The documents required were stated as:

Passport (and 1 signed copy of photo page)

Visa (and 1 signed copy)

Residence Registration

Certified Resident Report and signed copy

Photos are taken at time of issuing.

Your old driving license

Many thanks!

Is it required that you apply for you DLs in your 'home province' where I actually live?

No you can do the renewal in another province. Al-tough not all provinces are accepting this as i understood.

Edited by merijn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can anyone please advise - is the normal procedure for renewing a 5 year license to get it renewed after it has already expired or before?

It expires on your birthday ...renew it the next day and you get six years less one day.

Can anyone please advise - is the normal procedure for renewing a 5 year license to get it renewed after it has already expired or before?

earliest 3 months prior and latest 364 days after expiration, if you go 1 day after exp. date you get 5 years + 364 days if earlier 5 exact

earliest 3 months prior and latest 364 days after expiration, if you go 1 day after exp. date you get 5 years + 364 days if earlier 5 exact

Thanks for the clear explanation. wai.gif

Does this webiste: thaidriving.info contains all questions I get see on exam?

And questions for car and bike licence are the same?

Just did a quick browse.

Its indeed the 90 questions in English that I am aware of.

Q10 looks strange, like an error by the site designer. Wrong question for the answers/picture.

There is a lengthy thread about online tests.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/732938-take-the-new-thai-driving-test-online

I had written some details about "strange questions" there:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/732938-take-the-new-thai-driving-test-online/page-6#entry9583327

You should better compare with the three pdf's which were cited in this thread.

Found here:

http://phuket.dlt.go.th/index/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98&Itemid=65

Edited by KhunBENQ

I have a temp Thai DL for car that expires next month.I also need a MCycle lisc. also.

When I go in for renewal of car version, will I have to produce the res cert plus copies etc all over again? Also will I need a new med cert?"

I have a current USA and Intl lisc for both car and cycle. ( I should have gotten both last year but my intl was front copy only, meet dummy, but all is in hand now)

I'll be making application in Khon Kaen doing this if anybody has a tip on recent activity there.

Edited by MiclB

I have a temp Thai DL for car that expires next month.I also need a MCycle lisc. also.

When I go in for renewal of car version, will I have to produce the res cert plus copies etc all over again? Also will I need a new med cert?"

I have a current USA and Intl lisc for both car and cycle. ( I should have gotten both last year but my intl was front copy only, meet dummy, but all is in hand now)

I'll be making application in Khon Kaen doing this if anybody has a tip on recent activity there.

You won't like the answer, but quite sure: yes.

New res.cert. and new med. cert. (100%).

Three years ago I needed both for changing from temporary to five year DL.

I read that at least they would accept photocopies for the other license tongue.png (if you do it in one session)

Edited by KhunBENQ

• 2 weeks later...

Medical Certificate.......... appears different rules/requirements in different areas

is one needed at Nonthaburi ?? need to renew my 5 yr licence next week, always had to have this before [will be my 3 rd 5 yr renewal]

Medical Certificate.......... appears different rules/requirements in different areas

is one needed at Nonthaburi ?? need to renew my 5 yr licence next week, always had to have this before [will be my 3 rd 5 yr renewal]

Here on Phuket not needed for renewal of a 5 year license.

In order to obtain a Residence Certificate, can anyone tell me what proof of residence is required to be presented at the Immigration office? I have a non-immigrant visa, with extension for retirement, but do not own property, and at the present I have no lease, as I expect to move shortly and so I am simply renting month-by-month. Will this be a problem?

• 4 weeks later...