Looking For House Or Apartment

westbounder

Hi,

I am a 50 year old American. After spending 6 months in Chiang Mai, I have decided to move there in October. Although I stayed in an apartment in the City last time, I found there to be a bit too much traffic and noise at night for my liking.

I am looking for a permanent place to rent. A furnished house or furnished apartment will be ok. It must be a very quiet and safe area with quality neighbors, free of barking dogs, bars, road noise and Tuk Tuks, a fitness center nearby would also be a big plus.

I know there are nice places available because I remember looking at a fairly new 3 bedroom house in a nice subdivision last December for 8,000 or 10,000 per month. It was about 15 minutes east of the Airport Plaza Mall. It had a nice pool and fitness center in the middle of the subdivision.

If you know of a place that fits what I am looking for in the City or no more than a 15 minute drive from the moat, I would be interested to hear about it.

I am prepared to pay 8,000 to 13,000 per month maximum rent.

I am looking for experienced advice on the best places or area to live in the Chiang Mai Province. Your answers to my questions are greatly appreciated.

Thank You kindly

Joe