You Know You've Been In Thailand Too Long When...

eyebee

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't think it's odd how when any special dinner is being prepared they'll cook a whole plate of fried eggs before they start preparing anything else and just leave them standing there for hours and hours.

Second will be the fruit. It'll all be cut up and left exposed.

Then the fried crispy things. Left to go cold and collect moisture.

French fries will be cooked in bunches of six with chopsticks and a bunch of girls will crowd round eating them as they go along. When everything is finally ready the girls complain "im laeo...".

Your also an expert at tying bags of food up with elastic bands, and look just as proffesional as the woman at the 'Gi yung' shop!

When you're an expert at solving rubber-band tying methods and can actually unravel them to get the food out the plastic bag.

:o

1. When you're 5 yards from a footbridge but you decide to cross at ground level a 4 lane road with buses, trucks and cars hurtling along;standing between lanes you clutch your friend's arm, breathing in, trying to maintain as thin a profile as possible.When you see an eventual break in the traffic you scramble forwards,laughing, sometimes with arm outstretched to the oncoming juggernauts, as in King Canute commanding the tide to cease.

2. It's raining and you're a respectable lady working in an office, you're wearing an attractive matching outfit of jacket and skirt with high heels. So how do you keep your head dry?

Easy, put a plastic bag upside down on your head, pulling the handles over your earlobes. So fetching.

bannork.

When watching football on telly, and someone shoots and misses the goal, you go "O-ho" in unison with the Thai commentator.

Haven't you got a bi-lingual telly ? Its a lot better to listen to English commentators.

erm...it is but you know when you've been in Thailand to long when....blah blah...kind of the point of the thread...I don't trust those bi lingual tellys anyway, I am always afraid I will find it in bed with the toaster and the radio

I don't trust those bi lingual tellys anyway, I am always afraid I will find it in bed with the toaster and the radio

I caught my bi-TV in bed with the toaster one time. Now they've got a little baby toaster with 'pop-up' ads. :o