Live Rugby League

Panthers and Bulldogs, another great game.

Bunnies and the dogs next week. Clash of the Poms in the forwards. I am going for the Bunnies, should be a sell out crowd. Souths supporters have come out of the woodwork. Belmore was closed last night, everyone on the street.

No football tonight, getting withdrawals.

Now the cricket will come?

Who you going for, David48?

Mate ... the Bunnies all the way ... most peoples 'second team'.

I hate Ennis ... though he is not playing.

Meeting a few guys from here and I'm bring MissFarmGirl and meeting that the Kiwi on Suk Soi 8

SC / CL / Meatboy ... you around?

General invitation to all those in Bangkok tomorrow, Sunday.

Panthers and Bulldogs, another great game.

Bunnies and the dogs next week. Clash of the Poms in the forwards. I am going for the Bunnies, should be a sell out crowd. Souths supporters have come out of the woodwork. Belmore was closed last night, everyone on the street.

No football tonight, getting withdrawals.

Now the cricket will come?

Who you going for, David48?

Meeting a few guys from here and I'm bring MissFarmGirl and meeting that the Kiwi on Suk Soi 8

thanks for the invite but my travelling days are over,but you are always welcome to call on me anytime,just let me know what you drink[tea or coffee]cheesy.gifand we will have a mug or two.tongue.png

• Like 1

did you see it SC. " WOW "

nice to see one of wales greatest rugby league players in the stand. BILLY BOSTON

I've just watched the recording of the Wire Wigan game - a cracker!

Now to go back to the Saints - Dragons game.

Sorry I'm not in town this weekend, David...

SC

Definitely not mine. I wouldn't have let them back in.

nice to see one of wales greatest rugby league players in the stand. BILLY BOSTON

SC

saturday 11th.kick off 6pm.saints vs wigan.

thats midnight for us in thailand,so either i go to bed 7pm. OR david comes arround and keeps me awake.

cider and pork pies awaiting.

SC

saturday 11th.kick off 6pm.saints vs wigan.

thats midnight for us in thailand,so either i go to bed 7pm. OR david comes arround and keeps me awake.

cider and pork pies awaiting.

Should I prevail upon Sid's to show the game, or watch at home on my own? I'd be watching on my own in Sid's surrounded by people watching the football on the other screens...

SC

c'MON pHIL bENTHAM,!

Andthey're off

Wigan are up for it,,,

Saints in white, Wigan in blue

Sam Tonkins not looking confident in the stands but... andBen Flower's grand final is surely over as he pucnhes Ohia in the chops

The referee had no choice

None at all....

well what a final.what it could have been.what a flipping head case.

ben flower call in monday your p45 is on the table and dont bother closing the door on your way out.

last yr.i mentioned 2 incidents that stuck in my mind,this one has gone to no 1.

to lay a man out cold and then punch him on the floor is nothing but ?

he must be charged with assault with intent.

not only let himself down,but his team mates,his coach and all the wigan fans.

the match,well wigan played fantastic with a man short but in the end it was too much.

havnt slept a wink since 2am,and our house alarm went off 3.15 so what a night,no drink so roll on 6pm.tonight.

6.05am time to take my dog out for his walk.

signing off T.I.T.TAFFY IN THAILAND.

What a game. I was falling asleep, and couldn't finish my can of beer, let alone last to the end of the game, so I watched the recording this morning. I didn't know the result or the score, and I thought Wigan might nick it, despite being a man down.

A year earlier Bennie Westwood had been remarkably lucky to stay on the pitch after belting Blake Green as he landed on him, but that just seemed to motivate Blake even more, and the same this year - Wigan played like demons.

Roll on the Four Nations in a fortnight, and the European Cup

SC

well what a final.what it could have been.what a flipping head case.

ben flower call in monday your p45 is on the table and dont bother closing the door on your way out.

last yr.i mentioned 2 incidents that stuck in my mind,this one has gone to no 1.

to lay a man out cold and then punch him on the floor is nothing but ?

he must be charged with assault with intent.

not only let himself down,but his team mates,his coach and all the wigan fans.

the match,well wigan played fantastic with a man short but in the end it was too much.

havnt slept a wink since 2am,and our house alarm went off 3.15 so what a night,no drink so roll on 6pm.tonight.

6.05am time to take my dog out for his walk.

signing off T.I.T.TAFFY IN THAILAND.

so ben gets a six month ban and possibility of police action.it was classed as the worst in super league history.

seems like a fair decision,looking at the picture on the bbc.sport websight,flower is one big bloke compared to the other.

the photo shows the left hand and wrist across the throat and the right fist clenched so tight the white of his knuckles are clearly seen intending to do the maximum damage,the bloke was lucky not to have a serious face injury.

well whats instore sc.

The Astro timetable's showing nothing but French Union this weekend, and it's the first weekend of the League European Championship, and the Union European Rugby Cup.

Six months sounds a lot longer than eleven games; given that the minimum was eight games, no-one could complain the ban was too long.

SC

So much for getting a life...

Wiziwig says they are showing Samoa - England at 1330 THAI in the Four Nations, Ireland - Scotland in the European Cup at 8 pm THAI, and at 11.15 pm THAI in the other code, Glasgow away to Montpelier in the European Rugby (Union) Cup.

Australia - New Zealand in the Four Nations at 3.30 THAI as well, but that might be a match too far for me.

I've also got the Four Nations games on Astro Supersports 3, so True will probably be carrying them as well

SC

Wiziwig says they are showing Samoa - England at 1330 THAI in the Four Nations, Ireland - Scotland in the European Cup at 8 pm THAI, and at 11.15 pm THAI in the other code, Glasgow away to Montpelier in the European Rugby (Union) Cup.

Australia - New Zealand in the Four Nations at 3.30 THAI as well, but that might be a match too far for me.

I've also got the Four Nations games on Astro Supersports 3, so True will probably be carrying them as well

SC

well sc last week-end just gone we didnt have <deleted> f-all on thai tv.[eurosport] both codes.

SC

well sc last week-end just gone we didnt have <deleted> f-all on thai tv.[eurosport] both codes.

I watched the Glasgow - Bath game on wiziwig - it's not a great picture, and there are annoying pop-up windows that are hard to get rid of, but 35 - 10 you'd need to be a right miserable old git to complain about that...

The RL European Cup is turning out a bit interesting - I'd expected France to wallop Ireland, and I expected the Scotland - Wales game to be very close. Let's see how Wales get on in France... I'm hoping Scotland can prevail in Dublin

SC

Anybody else watching the Four Nations - first game from Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, Samoa - England, approaching half time, England with a measly 12 - 10 lead, win a penalty two metres in front of the post

Get them behind the line, Referee!

Samoa's second kick off from beneath the posts, but only 80 seconds to go, Burgess bursts through the defence but he's pulled up, Daryl Clarke is flattened by a high tackle by the third man in, forty seconds to go in the first half and England take the two points.

• Like 1

And Samoa have taken the lead with two tries in the second half, with 20 minutes to go!

England work the ball up through the forwards, Gnasher Graham feeds Sam Tomkins who loks for a gap, there's a high kick, contest for the ball, back on the England side and England have scored! Haven't they? Joel Tomkins has scored on his return to the England rugby league team. England 26 - 22 Samoa.

And Gnasher Graham is looking weary... but he's holding his position in the line

England launch a soaring kick, Sam Tomkins chases, the Samoan defender can't field the ball, Tomkins keeps his arms clear as the ball comes off his chest, picks it up on the bounce, he's tackled a metre short, but his arms are longer than that and he places the ball over the whitewash to match his brother's earlier effort, and Gareth Widdop lands his sixth successful kick to make it 32 - 22 with 12 minutes to go

I said Graham was looking weary - well, maybe like a weary rhinoceros...

But Samoa field the kick and break in attack. England scramble back, and after a couple of tackles they have their line reformed.

Samoa kick on the last, it's gathered and thrown back by Samoa and Winterstein has scored for Samoa. The conversion slides across the front of the posts, and the score remains 32 - 26.

England are struggling in defence, missing tackles, and Samoa are 20 metres out on the last tackle, but Sam Tomkins fields the high kick, and it is England's turn to work the ball up the pitch, but they're not making the yards, and the kick goes off into touch. Three and a half minutes remaining.

The scrum half forgets to collect the ball, and Samoa are pinned back in their own half, Pritchard breaks, kicks on, and Samoa are up to the England 20. The ball is spun wide on the final tackle but England keep the door shut

Samoa bring the ball up to half way, but knock on on the fifth tackle, Graham falls on it, and the seconds tick by... England kick the ball dead and the final whistle goes, England relieved to finish 32 - 26 ahead.

Next up - Australia New Zealand...

Edited by StreetCowboy
  • Like 1

And the final score 30 - 12 to New Zealand; the first round has seen England and Australia given a metaphorical kick up the arse, but at least England took the two points for a win. Next weekend Australia meet England at 11 am Thai... I think, unless the clocks have changed...

My apologies for the lack of live commentary.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/results

Scotland win in Dublin to take the lead in the European Championship. A win or a draw at Netherdale in Galashiels will seal the championship, but a French win by 17 points would see France pinch it... and if Ireland win in Wales, they are still in with a sniff...

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

Scotland fell at the final hurdle, succumbing to a 22 - 38 defeat to France, but still lie top of the table on points difference, after wins over Wales and Ireland, who play one another on Sunday. If Wales can stay in touch, and win, draw, or lose by 40 points or less, Scotland will finish as European Champions, and will play in next year's Four Nations.

I'd actually planned on starting this post "Scotland narrowly escaped three drubbings last night..." but it looks like we may still wind up on top... The last time we played any of the big three, at Headingley last October New Zealand posted a 40 - 4 victory over Scotland in the Quarter-Finals of the World Cup, 2013

Now all eyes turn to the Southern hemisphere, where, in a couple of hours, New Zealand will play Samoa, and later in the afternoon England play Australia for a place in this year's Four Nations final

SC

And the final score 30 - 12 to New Zealand; the first round has seen England and Australia given a metaphorical kick up the arse, but at least England took the two points for a win. Next weekend Australia meet England at 11 am Thai... I think, unless the clocks have changed...

Thanks SC ... I forgot about Daylight Saving Time.

Samoa vs NewZealand is on now.

Samoa scores first but fails to convert ... 8 mins into the game.

Being played in brilliant sunshine.

What a game! What drama!

I thought Samoa would hold on - their defence had been excellent all game; and then I thought they would pinch it in the final play of the game. Roll on tomorrow, and the Australia - England game

Has the fourth team in the Four Nations ever won a game?

SC

What a game! What drama!

I thought Samoa would hold on - their defence had been excellent all game; and then I thought they would pinch it in the final play of the game. Roll on tomorrow, and the Australia - England game

Has the fourth team in the Four Nations ever won a game?

SC

I reckon it was a ripper of a game.

Sad that Samoa made 1 or 2 crucial errors in the dying minutes which allowed the Kiwis field position and score the winning try.

I was cheering for Saoma.

I just hope the Roos get up tomorrow ... darn embarrassing if we don't.

Another cracker of a game, Ryan Hall will be wishing he'd not cut his finger nails this morning, a millimetre away from getting downward pressure on the ball as he dived over the top of Cherry-Evans, I think.

So next weekend England have to beat tournament leaders New Zealand, and hope that Samoa can beat Australia for the first time

SC

• Like 1