Live Rugby League

"It's all too easy for Willy Manu..." - hull go ahead... I was going to say Broncos are holding their own (so to speak) 6-6 at the DW.

I enjoyed the Brisbane Broncos v North Queensland Cowboys game this morning - unaware that it was a week-old recording

"And its a super super touchdown in the corner" and Robertson takes the Broncos 10-6 up at Wigan.

Glad you're enjoying the game!

I've got Ray French now, on the Warrington game; 6 - 6 at the Halliwell Jones; Warrington not playing well - Adrian Morley drops the ball....

"10-6 to Warrington" "Wakefield, Ray" "That's right, Alan, 10-6 to Wakefield, and Warrington are definitely looking out of sorts... they're unsettling Warrington, and Warrington, uncharacteristically, are making quite a few mistakes with the ball" 12-6 to Wakefield with the conversion "they're playing the sound, safer rugby"

Wire are struggling a bit this season aren't they?

"... as easy as you like, Richie Myler strolls over" "I told you that was a bad penalty for Wakefield to give away... so its now Warrington 12, Wakefield...18.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not written off yet SC.....

Ray French and Alan Rooney have just been having a chat and recommending that Radio Merseyside carry this game...

"Steve, what's the score at Hull? Only I'm thinking, its 20 - 12 to Wakefield so do you not think you should be here for the second half" - I think maybe they should've had the mike off for that... I'll be a bit disgruntled if they're carrying the same game on Radio Humber and Radio merseyside...

Warrington should be able to turn it round in the second half "Warrington have sufficient talent to haul themselves back into this game but certianly, to my way of thinking, Alan, its a very 'out of sorts' Warrington side... its just not there" "It's just not there, Ray, because Wakefield have really not come here just to make up numbers... its allowed Wakefield to get three very very very good tries. That Warrington pack have not dominated, so we;ve seen very little of Lee Briers"

"Its perfect conditions, the pitch is immaculate, as all our rugby league pitches seem to be these days"

and did those feet, in ancient times... that's the Jehova's Widnes, who play on astroturf

SC

Ray French and Alan Rooney have just been having a chat and recommending that Radio Merseyside carry this game...

"Steve, what's the score at Hull? Only I'm thinking, its 20 - 12 to Wakefield so do you not think you should be here for the second half" - I think maybe they should've had the mike off for that... I'll be a bit disgruntled if they're carrying the same game on Radio Humber and Radio merseyside...

SC

I might switch myself and listen to the Wire game...this one is a procession...

SC

If I knew Alan's email, I'd send him a message to tell him; I think Ray's a bit old-fashioned for email

SC

If I knew Alan's email, I'd send him a message to tell him; I think Ray's a bit old-fashioned for email

Got a link for the Wire match? Merseyside have the football on...

Got a link for the Wire match? Merseyside have the football on...

This is what I'm listening to...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/17387840

"What a reply from Wakefield Trinity, Laoatiti has romped over!"

After a knock-on by Wakefield "... like shelling peas" and Lee Briers adds the extras; Michael Monaghan is back on...

Got it thanks...only four points in it!

and I've got work in the morning...

I hope you're not left with a hangover after the game!

I've been off the drink for a week; I'm draining the left-over irn bru from yesterday.

Broncos keeping pace with Wigan fifteen miles up the road at the DW stadium

SC

EDIT: "Lots of pressure from Warrington, Ray, but no sign of them prising open this Wakefield defence"

"I think Briers is the man to do it, Alan"

Briers puts boot to ball and Grix gets a touch down and Lee Briers with the conversion to give his side the lead for the first time in this game... " and Trinity, whether they're tiring or not, and Warrington will receive the kick-off, and Ray, the microphone."

Oh my word! Wakefield have kicked through and scored in the corner, while Chris Rielly has taken a knock to the head, with a kick from the touch line to level the score... the Warrington faithul hushed for the moment, here comes the noise, and Isaac John kicks a belter, but it just slips under the cross bar... Warrington with a slender two point lead...

"Warrington look like they have it at the moment, but the lead is a fragile one"

SC

Plenty of time for Wakefield..

Good defence, and Warrington to tap out from the 20 metre line.

Warrington have the ball, just short of the half way line... Lee Briers boots it over the try line, over the dead ball line, and Wakefield have two minutes to bring it back. "Ooh - that's a bad pass - and Warrington have it... Warrington think they can score another try here" "Well, they can Alan, but that was a shocking pass" "Lee Briers sends the ball to Bennie Westwood, and he can't get it back, but he doesn't have to... an there's the hooter for the end to a pulsating game, Ray"

and I'm off to bed....

SC

That was more entertaining than actually watching rugby union, but I think I'll stick with streaming/youtube to watch NRL..

I'll need to pass the keyboard over to Smokie for next week; its an 8 pm Friday night Warrington away at Wigan - I say 'Away', but scarcely over the hills and far away...

Anyway, its an 8 pm kick-off in Lancashire, 4 am here, and I'm working in the morning...

so I'll be checking the score when I arrive at my desk... I'm all aflutter with the antication already.

SC

SC - Smokie ... I have a soft spot for Wakefield as the first Pub (and only Pub) I worked in London was named the 'Pinder of Wakefield' and apparently is now known as the Monto Water Rats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monto_Water_Rats

When we (my sister and I) worked there it was just an old time Victorian Music Hall that had a stage and bands occasionally played there.

It was when I first met the Pogues before they got famous.

The lead singer, (who I thought was called Shaun but the article names him as Shane) had a face only a mother could love and more gaps then teeth, but a heck of a nice chap.

Segueing back ... where is Wakefield in the premiership ladder?

Are they a halfway decent team?

SC - Smokie ... I have a soft spot for Wakefield as the first Pub (and only Pub) I worked in London was named the 'Pinder of Wakefield' and apparently is now known as the Monto Water Rats.

http://en.wikipedia....onto_Water_Rats

When we (my sister and I) worked there it was just an old time Victorian Music Hall that had a stage and bands occasionally played there.

It was when I first met the Pogues before they got famous.

The lead singer, (who I thought was called Shaun but the article names him as Shane) had a face only a mother could love and more gaps then teeth, but a heck of a nice chap.

Segueing back ... where is Wakefield in the premiership ladder?

Are they a halfway decent team?

Wakefield were lucky to stay in Superleague last season, as they entered administration; had Celtic Crusaders not folded, they would have lost their license to Widnes, who were promoted from the Championship. They're a very well-established club, though - one of the original clubs from the Northern breakaway league in 1895.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_league/tables/default.stm

Although they're languishing at the bottom of the table, they played a great game on Sunday with "some very very very good tries" (Ray French)

SC

Archived