Live Rugby League

And now a repeat of the Catalans - Warrington game - its a veritable feast of Supereleague in celebration of the Installation of the King of Malaysia; what more could his Royal Highness ask for (apart from a bit of peace to watch the rugby...)

SC

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We took a battering. Well i wasn't expecting that from 'Uddersfield!

Battered smokie? doesn't seem right to me - not in my chippie.

Reminds me of a joke, I'll not bore you with the whole thing, I'm sure you know it well, but the punch line is "That's what I've been trying to tell you!"

I'm enjoying a Coronation Day holiday with back to back rugby league repeats; first your thrashing of the Stonerovers, and now a repeat of posts 382 - 385 above...

Its like Deja Vu, but without the topless dancers...

SC

A stroll past the Burke and Hare brought back a few memories....the clanking of 50p's mostly.

I wonder what her recollection is...if at all given her glazed expression....

We took a battering. Well i wasn't expecting that from 'Uddersfield!

Battered smokie? doesn't seem right to me - not in my chippie.

Reminds me of a joke, I'll not bore you with the whole thing, I'm sure you know it well, but the punch line is "That's what I've been trying to tell you!"

I'm enjoying a Coronation Day holiday with back to back rugby league repeats; first your thrashing of the Stonerovers, and now a repeat of posts 382 - 385 above...

Its like Deja Vu, but without the topless dancers...

SC

A stroll past the Burke and Hare brought back a few memories....the clanking of 50p's mostly.

I wonder what her recollection is...if at all given her glazed expression....

I don't think she was there at the time...

"Wigan really do leuk laik theur in the meud thiz afterneun"

10 - 0 to Wigan all from Pat Richards, the Hull fans not best impressed with the referee...

Sorry about that, Smokie...

SC

EDIT: and apparently Warrington 6-0 up against Castleford Tigers

I suppose I should nip out to 7-11 and sink a couple of Tigers myself...

Oh dear, Smokie, what's happening? Sam Tomkins drills his kick off the post, scampers forward to pick up the ricochet to touch down

Hull 0 - 22 Wigan

And on the dark side, Edinburgh are letting in all their April tries (Cardiff 31 - 6 Edinburgh) ahead of their Heineken Cup semi-final against Ulster next weekend)

And as the half-time hooter sounds Charnley picks up a spilled ball to go over for Wigan's fifth try "... that surely puts the game beyond Hull"

Edit: Castleford don't seem to have bounced back from last week's Cup defeat by Championship neighbours Featherstone Rovers...

Wire 38 - 0 Tigers

And its full time in the Union, Cardiff 38 - 13 Edinburgh, but Glasgow hold on to their play - off place, beating Treviso in Italy

SC

10 - 0 to Wigan all from Pat Richards, the Hull fans not best impressed with the referee...

SC

Good to see big Pat Richards still going strong.

was one of my all time favourite sporting moments.

SC

Good to see big Pat Richards still going strong.

was one of my all time favourite sporting moments.

I'm sat here watching Featherstone pressure the Wigan line 10-10 at 33 minutes... and they have a penalty for a bit of kneevious mischief in the tackle. Penalty right in front of the posts... I have little doubt Wigan will bounce back, though, given that the score was on the internet this morning... Featherstone 12 - 10 Wigan... five minutes to go in the first half.

SC

EDIT: and it looked like Wigan were bound to score when they give away a penalty..

I'll tell you something else I saw for the first time in a League game - a re-set scrum...

and now featherstone give away a penalty for messing about at the play -the-ball, and at last Wigan get the try that takes them ahead at half-time. And that's more or less it for Featherstone, as Wigan go on to win 32 - 16

2nd half: Sam Tomkins really is a great player... try-saving catch, and back to his feet to dodge past the Featherstone chasers

And Featherstone steal the ball as the referee signals second tackle, the breakaway is pulled down but the Featherstone support is there for a quick play the ball and in a classic try Featherstone claw their way back to 22-16. Possibly a bit of an error by Silverwood, who was still calling back the defence as Featherstone broke - arguably from a foul strip in a two-man tackle...

Helpmaboab! I'd got my timeswrong, and i;'ve missed the first two minutes from the Halliwell Jones. Still 0-0, by the way.

The stadium doesn't look full, but it sounds it. Sounds like a good travelling support from this side of the Pennines, as well.

Warrington driving it forward, and drop the ball...Bradford start working back up. Warrington already given away 3 penalties.

And I can end the speculation; it IS Steve Ganson as video referee, and James Child with the whistle on the park

SC

EDIT: And Bradford are looking the livelier side, ripping the ball, running through tackles, and - scoring in the corner.

Edit: At 20 minutes, its still a back and forth game, with the defences on top...

And its a bit more forth than back, as Wire force a goal line drop out, then a miss-pass out to Joel Monaghan who's all by himself on the touch line...Brett Hodgeson from a metre in from the touch line...just wide; Wire 4 - 6 Bulls

And at the restart, Warrington barge their way 10 metres through the tackles, and their past the half way line on the third tackle... and a break, there's players in space, great tackling sees Bradford's defence opened up, but a missed pass... but Bradford penalised for a tackle off the ball. Frantic stuff - its gone to Steve Ganson; has Ben Westwood get it down? No - knocked on in grouding the ball, so Bradford take it away from the 20 line.

I'm watching this one live SC....its a good match!

Certainly is; Bradford's turn to reach for the line, but Monaghan takes the kick, and Warrington take the ball away from the 20 m line, but its slow progress up the pitch

Edit: Back to back penalties are sapping Bradford's energy; Warrington trying to push their way over, spinning the ball wide, Bradford knock it clear, Warrington scrum, Warrington are playing basketball rugby to keep the ball alive but there's no way through 'they're still queuing up to punch their way through this Bradford Line, but its holding firm" and Karl Price intercepts for Bradford.

A long kick, and Warrington are bringing it back to the half way line... last tackle and a few metres out; Briers kicks... and knock-on.

'... with the intensity Warrington are playing at, Bradford just can't keep up'

... and Warrington are running round mad, passing left, right, back, running round in circles, running round behind Bradford's post and touching down for their second try... Wire 10 - 6 Bulls with a few minutes to oranges

I'm tempted to make a mad dash for 7-11 at half time to tame two or three tigers.

And this time its Bradford's turn to keep the ball alive, but Hargreaves let's the ball slip from his hands as he tries to get the pass away, Reilly pounces, and its a chase the length of the pitch but they can't catch him, and Reilly scores by the posts to make it 16 - 6 to the home side at half time

Another try...a fumbled pass this time...poor handling and properly punished.

Unlucky Bradford!

That will leave their dressing room a sorry state...

Are you living on an island, (oh island in the sun) just now?

You seem to have a strong preference for remote islands; ever thought of changing your name to Crusoe? I bet you shop in Robinsons...

SC

http://www.thaivisa....d/#entry5257876

Warrington are beginning to open up some clear air ahead of the bulls.

Woops a daisy! a slightly rash offload sees the Bulls starting off mid wayin the Warrington half, but Hodgeson picks up a spilt ball and they're back into the Bradford half.

Another try...a fumbled pass this time...poor handling and properly punished.

Unlucky Bradford!

That will leave their dressing room a sorry state...

Are you living on an island, (oh island in the sun) just now?

You seem to have a strong preference for remote islands; ever thought of changing your name to Crusoe? I bet you shop in Robinsons...

SC

Here's a pic I took earlier today...

post-78923-0-85746800-1335624698_thumb.j

You can ponder it while the first couple of tackles are going in....

(Sorry for repeat posting of course....)

This looks all but over now...Atkins scores a great try...real pace...one more try I reckon and bye bye.....26-6 now.

He just sliced through the defence, leaving them clutching at shadows, after a careless knock-on at the play-the-ball gifted Warrington possession in the middle of the Bradford half

And Atkins is off on another sprint up the touch line. Punts ahead, too strong, though...

and Bradford counter-attack, side to side passing, keeping it alive, they have men over on the left, "surely they must score" and they do. 26-10

The comeback has begun! 26-10...I'm on the edge of my seat now!!

The referee awards a penalty from the restart, Bradford are into the Warrington 20, but they lose possession "... but Bradford have hope in their hearts"

NO TRY!

We;ll that surprised me at least...

Bradford need to raise their game now!

Fifteen minutes to go, with Warrington 16 points ahead, but Lee Briers is getting called over for a warning after another penalty. Will Warrington have someone sat on the naughty chair? and straight away, Chris Hill is off. Warrington down to 12 men...

Bradford are probing from side to side, kick... Lee Briers fields it comfortably, takes a quick tap as he gets to the 20 metre line, and they're up to the Bradford 20 metre line...

Goodness me ANOTHER scrum re-set - there was one in the Featherstone - Wigan game; James Child has a word with the Bradford scrum-half. Its like Union, so it is...

And now Warrignton get a scrum from another carelss carry...

Bradford are penalised for ripping in the tackle and Lee Briers points to the posts to take them three converted tries ahead

The kick goes wide, but Bradford only have nine minutes to score three tries...

"... Bradford are clinging on to a lost cause" but Warrington charge down a kick and break...

But Bradford apply the pressure, and Lima gathers a kick through, spins through the tackle and slams it down. The kick goes over. Warrington 26 - 16 Bradford

Great try from Monaghan! Its all over for the Bulls....well you're there in the draw again on Tuesday SC!

So St Helens, Wigan, Warrington through.

At least one Championship team from the Leigh - halifax game; can Batley tame the Broncos?

I might run round to Sids, cackling and rubbing my hands all the way, for a refreshment prior to THE MAIN EVENT

Ulster v Edinburgh from Dublin in the first Heineken Cup Semi-Final!

SC

(I hope Boo's not reading this, or I'll be off on my hols for a bit of off-topic...)

Archived