Live Rugby League

End to end stuff in the Hull KR v Warrington game

but I'm beside myself - I can hardly hold my Irn Bru, as eight minutes into the game Scotland go a try up against the French in the other code

and as I type that, Warrington score! All I need now is moving pictures!

I hoped the Irn Bru would do the trick. Their current advertising campaign features Scottish rugby league players, by the way, boys.

I've got commentary from Murrayfield (sorry for the digression) and it really does not come across as well on the wireless as the league. Although 7 - 0 comes across well enough for me on the wireless, regardless of the code!

SC

Edit: 10-0 to Scotland, and then they give away a penalty in the centre of the pitch

and they kick for position, then charge over for a try... and the Marseillaise is echoing round Murrayfield as the lead recedes to 10-7

And while Rory Lamont is stretchered off with a leg injury, back on topic Warrington stretch their lead to 16-0 at the Halliwell Jones, though I'm listening to Radio Humberside and the coversion makes it 18-0 with four minutes to half time

Edited by StreetCowboy

And the commentators are quite beside themselves at Murrayfield as Scotland go over for a second try - when was the last time we scored two tries in the same game, eh? 17 - 13...

and 18-10 at Warrington, as Hull KR bring another back...

and now the commentators are beside themselves with the injustice of the refereeing, but the referee and Medard ignore them, and the latter scores under the posts - 17 - 20 with 20 minutes to go.

"(oh come on referee!) (The man's offside), Cusiter goes - there's another one round the neck... here goes Lamont ('they're offside again!) ... Wayne Barnes ignores Cusiters claims that their offside (that's a penalty) (lazy runners and everything) ... (look they're all offside, every single defender)'

and the French turn it over but 'what a waste of a French attack...'

And a drop goal sees France leading 23 - 17 as we come close to Full Time...

... And full time in Warrington - 42-10 against Hull KR ...

France get a penalty at the scrum with two minutes to go, pulls it wide to the left.

and that's the way it finishes Scotland 17 - 23 France

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

• 2 weeks later...

Blimey - its an oval ball bonanza!

Well I've got a veritable feast of rugby today - two super rugby games - I've got QR v Rebels on just now, followed by a couple of NRL games (not live) (unfortunately I have a clashing appointment) and then two six nations games - I'll be watching the Scotalnd game from behind the sofa... and on Eurosport there's at least one French game - and then on the movie channel - Invictus!

SC

Blimey - its an oval ball bonanza!

Well I've got a veritable feast of rugby today - two super rugby games - I've got QR v Rebels on just now, followed by a couple of NRL games (not live) (unfortunately I have a clashing appointment) and then two six nations games - I'll be watching the Scotalnd game from behind the sofa... and on Eurosport there's at least one French game - and then on the movie channel - Invictus!

SC

The only good ball is an odd shaped one...

Reds looking very sloppy.

Working today...or rather being paid to watch rugby. Assuming its quiet of course...

I'm listening to Castleford in London on the sofa with the Wales Italy game on TV; then it'll be over behind the sofa and hiding under the quilt for the Scotland Ireland game... Quite an exciting game at the Broncos 16-12 to the Capitalers. In Perpignan, Catalan Dragons are drubbing Salford Reds 26-6 at half time.

I don't think I'll stay up for Wigan's journey down the road to Widnes - I think that might be a bit processional... which could take them top of the league, after Warrington fell short at Headingley on Friday night.

SC

SC

London Broncos 26-16 up, and the commentators were beside themselves for that last try. Their commending Phil Bentham's performance now, as well and Catalans have finished 40-18 up against Salford.

Italy well beaten in the other code

SC

And as London Broncos run in their eighth try, the commentators are quite incoherent with excitement! Now they're encouraging London supporters to make the trip up to Wigan for next week; though that might be a challenge too far. But then they have Widnes on the iPitch and Wakefield at home...

Edited by StreetCowboy

Well I can't believe that I missed the rugby highlight of the weekend - Wigan, hoping to go top of the Superleague, go down by a point ot bottom club Widnes, who got their first win since their return to Superleague

Widnes Vikings 37-36 Wigan Warriors

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/17264196

To be fair, I did enjoy watching the France England game

SC

A win today would be great, after a stuttering start to the season, we seem to have the momentum now!

Well, it is Widnes... though I suppose Wigan maybe said that last week as well...

I can't get the Wire commentary on the BBC site - the eff is nearly worn out on my keyboard, already

SC

"It's all too easy for Willy Manu..." - hull go ahead... I was going to say Broncos are holding their own (so to speak) 6-6 at the DW.

I enjoyed the Brisbane Broncos v North Queensland Cowboys game this morning - unaware that it was a week-old recording

"And its a super super touchdown in the corner" and Robertson takes the Broncos 10-6 up at Wigan.

"It's all too easy for Willy Manu..." - hull go ahead... I was going to say Broncos are holding their own (so to speak) 6-6 at the DW.

I enjoyed the Brisbane Broncos v North Queensland Cowboys game this morning - unaware that it was a week-old recording

"And its a super super touchdown in the corner" and Robertson takes the Broncos 10-6 up at Wigan.

Glad you're enjoying the game!

I've got Ray French now, on the Warrington game; 6 - 6 at the Halliwell Jones; Warrington not playing well - Adrian Morley drops the ball....

"10-6 to Warrington" "Wakefield, Ray" "That's right, Alan, 10-6 to Wakefield, and Warrington are definitely looking out of sorts... they're unsettling Warrington, and Warrington, uncharacteristically, are making quite a few mistakes with the ball" 12-6 to Wakefield with the conversion "they're playing the sound, safer rugby"

Warrington have to defend three - now four sets of six "the crowd are having a go at M Alibert... oh its another set of six! ... and Mathers has scored under the posts - the Trinity fans are dancing up and down behind the posts and they can hardly believe it!"

"... the way Wakefield are going about this game, they've took this game by the scruff of the neck"

Edited by StreetCowboy

I've got Ray French now, on the Warrington game; 6 - 6 at the Halliwell Jones; Warrington not playing well - Adrian Morley drops the ball....

"10-6 to Warrington" "Wakefield, Ray" "That's right, Alan, 10-6 to Wakefield, and Warrington are definitely looking out of sorts... they're unsettling Warrington, and Warrington, uncharacteristically, are making quite a few mistakes with the ball" 12-6 to Wakefield with the conversion "they're playing the sound, safer rugby"

Wire are struggling a bit this season aren't they?