Show Your Half Asian Baby!

ThaiBasil

"Half-Asian" is soooo politically incorrect! When did you guys/gals leave the west? 40 years ago??

Try "ethnically-mixed child," or "child of two cultures," "dual-culture child," or "dual-ethnic child" or "mixed-race child." But "half-Asian?" Sounds like they're missing something--at least half! If you're a breeder, you need to get with the program! :)

What is the Thai version then Top? Half Thai?

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Half-Asian" is soooo politically incorrect! When did you guys/gals leave the west? 40 years ago??

Try "ethnically-mixed child," or "child of two cultures," "dual-culture child," or "dual-ethnic child" or "mixed-race child." But "half-Asian?" Sounds like they're missing something--at least half! If you're a breeder, you need to get with the program! :D

What is the Thai version then Top? Half Thai?

The Thai version is "LUET KREUNG" or "half-blood." Arghhhhhh! :)

(Thai version also begs the question--what's the other half? Beer Chang?)

Edited by toptuan

My wife says the correct way to call a 50/50 child is 'Luk Kreung'. She says no one calls a child "Luet Kreung". I have to agree with her as we have 3 children and I have never heard this said also.

Edited by sinbin

My wife says the correct way to call a 50/50 child is 'Luk Kreung'. She says no one calls a child "Luet Kreung". I have to agree with her as we have 3 children and I have never heard this said also.

Is your wife THAI?? Then, of course, I defer to her native tongue. (Albeit a native Thai speaker was my source of info. as well). However, we still have to deal with the politically incorrect "kreung" (half).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow! Great thread. What cute, lovely adorable children, and so many of them! When my brother and I were that sort of age it wasn't so common to be Eurasian, and we were (well loved) freaks. This brings back so many memories of hundreds and hundreds of photos of us as children. My dad liked his camera. Even to this day a generation on, we're dead easy to spot in every single one of them. We were the ones with too-light hair amongst Thai playmates, and too-dark hair amongst western cousins. Despite the several decades time shift, looking though this thread makes me feel quite ... well ... normal! Thank you.

Edited by Ananke